PDA

View Full Version : Website/forum for local old VWs

Redlyne_mr2
08-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I always see these killer beetles and vans rolling around. Where do these guys post and where do they meet?

Lanks
08-09-2005, 11:05 PM
www.clubveedub.com perhaps? :dunno: its not overly busy though

Davetronz
08-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Yup clubveedub.com for for the older dubs and newveedub.com for the newer ones.
I am on both and the people on both sites are awesome.
Meeting times and places are posted on each respective site..
There usually isn't a "weekly" meet up but bi monthly and monthly meets instead...

-Dave

sputnik
08-10-2005, 07:12 AM
CVD is a great bunch of guys. They meet monthly at the Good Earth Coffee Co on the second Thursday of ever month.

1995_GTI_VR6
08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Clubveedub isnt only old VW's (I'm part of the club and I have a 95 GTI and a 2005 Jetta GLI) and Newveedub isnt only new VW's thats just what everyone thinks. anyone is welcome in any of the clubs if you drive a VW or Audi (or any VAG car)

sputnik
08-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Isn't NewVeeDub basically a bunch of watercooled guys that got pissed off at CVD and started their own club?

Why would they call their club NewVeeDub and have a bunch of aircooled VW's? Shouldnt they be called AnyVeeDub then? Also they have no aircooled area on their forum and they say that they are a "Late Model Volkswagen Enthusiast Site".

Davetronz
08-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Isn't NewVeeDub basically a bunch of watercooled guys that got pissed off at CVD and started their own club?

Why would they call their club NewVeeDub and have a bunch of aircooled VW's? Shouldnt they be called AnyVeeDub then? Also they have no aircooled area on their forum and they say that they are a "Late Model Volkswagen Enthusiast Site".

Anyone is welcome to be a member of either club... NVD TENDS to be "Newer" veedubs, CVD TENDS to be "Classic" veedubs... But there is no big rule saying that if you have a certain year you can't be part of a certain club...

Fluidic
08-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I think that year I was fairly grumpy... :)