PDA

View Full Version : brakes again

hinggu
01-30-2003, 07:16 PM
well guys, the stupid guys at sunridge nissan screwed me again. I had this annoying brake problem after I slid into a curb a while ago. Everything was supposed to be fixed, but my brake made this "whoop whoop" sound when I hit the brake. I took it to nissan and they told me it was a glazing problem and that it was common on all sentras. fine. they remachine my rotor. It happens like a week later, so I bring it in again. They tell me know that it is no longer under warranty so I pay them like $50 to remachine the rotor again, cuz they say this is the problem. " It won't happen again" they tell me. And what happens, a few hours later, the same thing. I don't think those A- holes know what the hell is going on. Can someone tell me what might be wrong?? I am sick of the dealership!

Weapon_R
01-30-2003, 07:56 PM
YOU PAID 50 BUCKS TO REMACHINE A ROTOR??!

Next time you want to do that, go and pay 8 bucks to have CDN tire do it.

szw
01-30-2003, 08:03 PM
have you tried brasso nissan?

hinggu
01-30-2003, 08:36 PM
I only paid the 50 bucks because they did it without telling me. I know, it was a rip off!! and no, I haven't tried brasso yet. It is kinda far for me and well, with school and all, I don't know when I will get a chance to go down there. I will see if my brother can take it down there instead.

silvercivicsir
01-30-2003, 09:16 PM
too bad wal-mart doesn't do brakes.

hinggu
01-30-2003, 09:19 PM
i used to work at walmart and after seeing what the guys do in the shop, i will never bring my car there.

CanadaCivicSIR
01-30-2003, 09:20 PM
I would of refused to pay for the brake machining.

All shops, are not allowed to do service on your vehicle without consent from the owner.

It sounds to me like the pads have a problem, maybe they are worn out or the hub is bent and causing the brakes to make that sound.

hinggu
01-30-2003, 09:24 PM
hmm. i just replace the hub.. maybe the hub they put in sucks??? In any case, i hope i can eliminate this problem because it is driving me fucking insane!!

silvercivicsir
01-30-2003, 09:29 PM
They are not that bad.. since they only do the simple stuff like oil changes and tires, but there are a few questionable people who work there.

Originally posted by hinggu
i used to work at walmart and after seeing what the guys do in the shop, i will never bring my car there.

CanadaCivicSIR
01-30-2003, 09:37 PM
I not a big fan of Wal-Mart automotive, but their tires are cheap for winter.

Good selection of car cleaners but, I usually buy all my stuff from Crappy Tire