PDA

View Full Version : SSAC ca intercooler kit

Lo)2enz0
08-10-2005, 01:48 AM
hey, just a heads up from nico for the ca18det guys. Well alot of these guys have been buying the ssautochrome intercooler kits and they have been saying how they are worth the money. Hey for $295 usd its a pretty good deal and they have been saying how the endtanks are actually welded on there really good. well here is a picture of the kit:

http://www.stockreco.com/aaaa10060.jpg

http://www.stockreco.com/aaaa10013.jpg

just a good heads up for the other ca18det guys that this is a good deal and there have been no negative feed back about the kit besides the cold pipe fitting yet

EDIT- pic's of install didn't come up damn it

86max
08-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Wow that's cheap! Where would one buy them, ebay?

Good post!

Lo)2enz0
08-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Are you being sarcastic andy??

no the main reason was to show the fitting and well the pictures didn't show up but you can check them out here:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=125488

86max
08-10-2005, 12:41 PM
No I wasn't being sarcastic, that's extremely cheap for an intercooler kit. I wouldn't buy one, but I'm sure it will appeal to a lot of people beacuse it'll do the job, and it's inexpensive.

We need more posts like this, making us aware of what's new in the industry, or what works well etc, rather than "what should I do with my spare time".

dymz999
08-10-2005, 01:05 PM
is the piping made of steel or aluminum? its hard to tell from looking at it. They only thing to note on these kits is that the CORES are generic and do not have the best flow or pressure drop ratings, they are still good though and by far better than the SMIC.

Lo)2enz0
08-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 86max
No I wasn't being sarcastic, that's extremely cheap for an intercooler kit. I wouldn't buy one, but I'm sure it will appeal to a lot of people beacuse it'll do the job, and it's inexpensive.

We need more posts like this, making us aware of what's new in the industry, or what works well etc, rather than "what should I do with my spare time".

Ya i totally agree. we should make sticky's of different information for people.

Originally posted by dymz999
is the piping made of steel or aluminum? its hard to tell from looking at it. They only thing to note on these kits is that the CORES are generic and do not have the best flow or pressure drop ratings, they are still good though and by far better than the SMIC.

I am not sure what the piping is made out of but like you said, it is way better than the smic. That is a piece of junk. But you get what you pay for, and for $300 usd its a good deal. i am going to order one really soon and I will post pictures of how it had worked out.

illeagle
08-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Looks pretty good, comes with T-bolt clamps too!

Boost Infested
08-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by dymz999

if your car makes 4xxhp or less it doesnt really matter....

i am willing to bet it has less thans 1psi drop from end tank to end tank..