PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on PayPal

pr0
08-10-2005, 12:56 PM
I have been selling games on eBay and last week PayPal decided to limit my account access and locked over 3000.00 in my account. I faxed them the required documents but they have not gotten back to me yet. I have people complaining about their items, I shipped a load out before my account got limited but there are quite a few that I don't want to send out since I don't know if PayPal will re-instate my account. I don't have all the tracking numbers they wanted, I had like 3 of the 10. This is dumb, are they expecting me to ship out items when I do not have access to this funds? Technically they paid PayPal and NOT me... Anyone been in this situation? I am a verified member as well.

What do I do? This is fucking me up.

EDIT: I tried calling them but they were of no help, they told me to wait. This I cannot do as I have buyers complaining constantly. They keep calling me as well.

Don't trust PayPal, its not good for business, the minute you start making money they screw your account. I was even verified. tsk...

benyl
08-10-2005, 12:58 PM
try calling them.

apples
08-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Check this page out: http://www.paypalsucks.com
#3 & 4 on the front page explains that they make you wait 180 days before returning your money after your account has been locked.

Weapon_R
08-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Paypal sucks man. They did the exact thing to me also when I tried selling some things to online buyers. For me, however, a buyer complained about a very expensive item that I shipped and they seized around $800 for about 1 month. They give you about 200 characters to type in your defence, and they rule on it. It takes forever.

If you don't have the tracking number, you are in real trouble unless you have a receipt for each transaction and can somehow prove that the item was shipped.

FiveFreshFish
08-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Is it better to insist on another form of payment when selling on eBay, and refuse to take PayPal?

GoChris
08-10-2005, 02:00 PM
if you do use payal, i certainly wouldnt leave 3k in funds just sitting there, withdraw immediately

pr0
08-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Paypal sucks man. They did the exact thing to me also when I tried selling some things to online buyers. For me, however, a buyer complained about a very expensive item that I shipped and they seized around $800 for about 1 month. They give you about 200 characters to type in your defence, and they rule on it. It takes forever.

If you don't have the tracking number, you are in real trouble unless you have a receipt for each transaction and can somehow prove that the item was shipped.

Well this is bullshit, I guess im not shipping out anything. I guess I just lost $200 in games. Fuck.

Originally posted by GoChris
if you do use payal, i certainly wouldnt leave 3k in funds just sitting there, withdraw immediately

I tried to, then they reversed it and limited the account. Idiots.

Khalil
08-10-2005, 11:00 PM
paypal is the g a y e s t thing ever

good luck gettin ur cash!

rahim
08-11-2005, 01:42 AM
they robbed me for $200, i never did get it back :banghead:

legendboy
08-11-2005, 08:04 AM
if you do get this sorted out make sure you get a paypal debit card before you do any more business. then you can go to any bank machine and withdraw your cash immediately after someone pays you.

benyl
08-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Are you a merchant with Paypal, or just a free user?

I bet that they saw the number of transaction you have been doing recently, and they may have suspected fraud.

I bet if you paid for their service, they would give you better service.

pr0
08-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Are you a merchant with Paypal, or just a free user?

I bet that they saw the number of transaction you have been doing recently, and they may have suspected fraud.

I bet if you paid for their service, they would give you better service.

I was a business member, they had no warning on their web site about mass flow. I fucking shipped so much shit out and now they have not done anything since I faxed them the stupid details they wanted.

They have a page of shit where I am suppose to enter 10 tracking numbers, apparently proof of shipment. They expect me to send out items without being paid?? I would be paying a fortune to send out these with no access to money at all...

These people PAID PayPal! not me. I am sick of people calling me blaming my ass. What kind of crooked business are these people running? I try to make some decent money then I get fucked over...

b_t
08-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Try YowCow. They don't do this kind of thing, apparently.

Vypros
08-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Hrmm. All you people with paypal problems? I've been doing business with paypal for 4 years and have had thousands go through paypal at one time. I've never had an issue besides having my wallet stolen and getting a new paypal debit card??

rahim
08-12-2005, 02:27 AM
^^^ consider yourself lucky

Thaco
08-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Vypros
Hrmm. All you people with paypal problems? I've been doing business with paypal for 4 years and have had thousands go through paypal at one time. I've never had an issue besides having my wallet stolen and getting a new paypal debit card??

ditto, without the debit card thing, i have been using paypal for several years, with several thousands of dollars in there some times, and never the slightest issue.

in*10*se
08-12-2005, 10:11 AM
i was out a laptop and had a negative balance of 1150 US dollars... i ignored them and let my credit card expire....

they sent a collection agency from montreal after me...

i paid about 900 cnd, to close out the dispute... nevertheless... i got fucked.:banghead: :banghead: ``
and i don't know how this will afffect my credit history....:bullshit:

MiG_Master
08-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Honestly, there are way too many stories about Paypal screwing with people and locking accounts for me to use it for any sort of large transactions. And I am never, ever, ever linking my bank account to those guys. I'll take the peace of mind over the Verified status anyday.

Money orders or Yowcow imho.

TrevorK
08-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by pr0
Technically they paid PayPal and NOT me... Anyone been in this situation? I am a verified member as well.

Actually Paypal is just the middle man, the same way your bank is during a debit card transaction.

I'd be complaining to you as well if I paid you through Paypal and didn't receive anything.

pr0
08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK

Actually Paypal is just the middle man, the same way your bank is during a debit card transaction.

I'd be complaining to you as well if I paid you through Paypal and didn't receive anything.

Exactly but if they choose to lock the account I cannot be held responsible for their actions. I didn't receive the money. I cannot do anything with it!! Its just sitting there, that would be like buying a car without its keys.

PayPal has the money, not me! Just because its in my PP account means nothing, its in PayPal's control, I don't have the cash in my pocket.

Thaco
08-12-2005, 12:32 PM
so when people phone you advise them of the situation and tell them to request a refund from paypal and pay you through other means.

Fcuk
08-12-2005, 02:58 PM
oh man, i was in your shoes once. I lost 1,000$ on a sale and the buyer recieved my items too :banghead:

i complained and complained and still, they'd just say please while i put you on hold... after the hold, the customer service representative was GARBAGE and was just giving me stupid answers.

ok so i decide to take things into my own hands, the user claimed they didn't recieve the items.. so i went to the postal office which i sent the items from and the lady who worked there said she remembered me and would help me look into it. It turns out she found out that the buyer had recieved the item and signed "coffin." Paypal STILL didnt' give me my money and i got screwed even though the buyer signed for the item, FUCK THEM!

paypal is compete bs, i had 5,000$ in my account as a business member and my sending limit was 4.44 AND I was a verified member, i can't stand paypal so i withdrew all my money.

:cry:

baronsamedi
08-27-2005, 10:38 PM
The infamous not letting you even refund your buyer (to make you look bad). Why someone would ship out an item with the money locked in their account is beyond me.