PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still use dial up?

camaro
08-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Just want to know because I work at Earthlink so I can get huge discounts off their dial up services. Telus, sprint and AOL still charge $24.95... wow. I can get anyone dial up with Earthlink email for $5.00 a month.

It works worldwide as well (good for traveling), they have access numbers everywhere. Just give fellow beyonders a deal if anyone needs it.

TurboMedic
08-11-2005, 02:28 AM
umm....I have used dialup as a backup in the past, but truly the net is far to complex and graphical based to truly find dialup useful on a constant basis....that coupled with the inconvenience of tieing up a phone line, and crap like that its not great.....but, I guess if you turn image downloads off on your browser, you could get around at a reasonable pace...

djayz
08-11-2005, 03:43 AM
well for 24.95 now people go with shaw litespeed which is still way faster then dialup

theres the odd few who use dialup but i doubt theres anybody on these forums that does

googe
08-11-2005, 09:10 AM
295.ca has dialup for $2.95

Weed
08-11-2005, 01:51 PM
I still have to use dialup when i go back to sask. Kills me it does, but highspeed isn't available alot of places there.

kingoftheworld
08-14-2005, 10:30 PM
you work there and you still have to pay??

i had it as a backup not too long ago, that and for testing purpose since i was the troubleshooter for internet for where i used to work, it wasn't that bad actually other than connecting without busy tone. loading pictures toook forever but regular surfing, it was fine.

i'd still stick to high speed though

Projek01
08-14-2005, 10:36 PM
i donno how i could live with 8kbps anymore. i remeber staying up to 7 in the morning just to complete a download.

Fluidic
08-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Projek01
i donno how i could live with 8kbps anymore. i remeber staying up to 7 in the morning just to complete a download.

I remember those days... usually for an updated browser or something. Downloading a movie or even a large file song was unheard of back then.

Alas, the ever growing world of bigger and better technology.