PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Sizes

Rabid
08-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I am looking to buy a new helmet but I need a big one. Can't seem to find ones to fit. I've been to Walt Healey and H-D of Southern Alberta, Alberta Boot and Stallion Boot on Macleod around 50th Ave south.

Before I spend all day driving around does anyone know of a place that sells larger helmets? Probably XXL or large fitting XL.

I used to have a Bell Pro Stock full face but even that was a little tight.

viffer
08-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Blackfoot Motorsports has a large stock of helmets, but their customer service is shitty, so if you care about that, don't go there. But they are most likely to have the model, colour, and size of helmet that you want.

GW Cycle would be your best bet, IMO. I just like the shop. :)

You could also try Bow Cycle, Pro-Am, Revoluzione, I know there are a few others, but those are the major ones.

btw, XL and XXL aren't that uncommon, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Also, you say you don't want to drive around, have you heard of a telephone? lol
;)

Phy
08-12-2005, 09:06 PM
You gotta try a helmet on before you buy it, viffer. That doesn't work over the phone.

Edit: Pro-Am's gear selection always seemed pretty skimpy. Try GW or Bow.

eclipse00
08-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by viffer

Also, you say you don't want to drive around, have you heard of a telephone? lol
;)

fuggin noob

SOAB
08-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Phy
You gotta try a helmet on before you buy it, viffer. That doesn't work over the phone.

Edit: Pro-Am's gear selection always seemed pretty skimpy. Try GW or Bow.

but if you call first and ask if they have any XL in stock and they say no, then you just saved yourself a drive there.

schurchill39
08-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by eclipse00

fuggin noob

says one noob to another :rofl: :rofl:

eclipse00
08-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by schurchill39

says one noob to another :rofl: :rofl:

lol, yeah I guess... :nut:

viffer
08-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by SOAB

but if you call first and ask if they have any XL in stock and they say no, then you just saved yourself a drive there.
Thats what I was getting at. I know you have to try a helmet on, I'm not a fuggin moron!!

eclipse please remove the centipedes from your vagina before posting next time, mmkay? :thumbsup:

Rabid
08-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks but what I want to know is does anyone know who would carry the larger fitting helmets. I can't be the only guy on here who has trouble finding a helmet that fits my big melon. :bigpimp:

YamaLube
08-16-2005, 08:53 AM
^^^What is wrong with you, go to the bike shops, or phone around as people have said already, do you have a phone and yellow pages? You have a car, get in, start it, and drive to a couple bike shops, not alberta boot company or HD, and while you are at it, go find a clue.

viffer
08-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Dude like I said before an XL or XXL head isn't uncommon for helmet sizes, you aren't special. Any shop you go into should have those sizes of lids. For once I agree with yamalube, pick up the fucking phone!!!11111111111111111

edit ----- why in the hell would you go to a boot place for a helmet??!??!?!?//

SOAB
08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
go to a REAL MOTORCYCLE dealership, not some jackass place like alberta boot...:confused:

maybe you should just ride without the helmet. doesn't seem like there's much to protect anyway...

eclipse00
08-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by viffer

edit ----- why in the hell would you go to a boot place for a helmet??!??!?!?//

You mean you dont wear boots on your heard for crash protection, thats unpossible!1

SOAB
08-16-2005, 01:32 PM
they could act like head sliders!!!11

Phy
08-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Head sliders :rofl:

But yeah, guy. Call Bow, call Blackfoot, call GW. Or just go there and oogle the pretty bikes.

Also, Universal Cycle's a gear and parts store, they've got a ton of gear there but I don't knowhow they stack up for prices and service.