PDA

View Full Version : sports select

cman
08-12-2005, 10:59 PM
so with EPL, CFL, MLB all in full swing, and NFL, NHL, and NBA to start in the next couple of months i was just seeing if anybody else here plays.
if so we should compile our picks and why, that way all of us beyonders can win or lose together.

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 11:53 PM
I was hooked on it for a while. Won some, lost most and got bored of it:dunno:

I might start it back up when the NHL comes back but we'll see.

MiG_Master
08-16-2005, 01:14 AM
I never felt the need to pay the Alberta government yet another form of tax. Not that I disapprove, I just don't play.

jumperman8
08-16-2005, 10:05 PM
wins -1
lost - 25

then i decided it was a waste of money.

Dope Dealer
08-16-2005, 10:58 PM
I'll get you syndicate plays...

It's almost impossible to win on Sports Select. I've had friends that have had crazy luck last year (winning 2500+ on two tickets), but other than that, waste of money.

hockeybronx
08-16-2005, 11:43 PM
I pretty sure however most people who play Sports Select don't play it to "make a mill", it's more for the connection of knowing all the scores and for the slight rush that gambling your money can have.

cman
08-17-2005, 01:39 AM
exactly, i win very few and lose often but it is still fun to be cheering for your result while the game is being played lived.
and hey, occasionally you win some money right.

what is syndicate plays?

DelSoln
08-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Putting money on a game always makes things more exciting. Hell I needed to on some weeks to watch those Ravens play. :zzz:

ronaldo
08-17-2005, 01:17 PM
used to be soo addicted to sport select back in high school

illl prolly get back into it when NHL starts up again

lastprodigy
08-17-2005, 01:30 PM
i guess sports select was cool in gr10

Jynx
08-19-2005, 05:01 PM
you can make alot of money on sport select if you dont get greedy.
However, i was never able 2!!

hockeybronx
08-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Jynx
you can make alot of money on sport select if you dont get greedy.
However, i was never able 2!!

Yeah, I guess that's the key with any type of gambling. However it's nearly impossible to live up to it.

"Hmm I started with $20.00 and now I have $25.00... I could leave or I could try some more"

Dope Dealer
08-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by cman
what is syndicate plays?

Syndicate plays are plays that big groups of people play to beat the books and move lines.. Had good luck with them last year, but unlike sports select, they are not parlay (3 games or more). These are just one game with a spread in which the line is usually -100 or -110 (1.91 odds) unless you are betting against a huge dog where the line can go from 2.00 odds to 5.5 odds (spreads usually only get this big when the Atlanta Hawks are bet straight up against a +14.5 spread haha)

People who make syndicate plays are professionals though and play as a living (you'll see them bet b/w 2500-10 000 a game).

Sport Select get's easier once you learn to read the lines since I think the spread on all SS games are 5 for basketball.. So if you find games that the spread should be 7,8,9 etc., then its logical to bet that along with 2 other games..

The easiest to bet is NHL, and I am wondering how the spreads will work since there is now no overtime.. Only a shootout to determine the game.. (Usually spread was -0.5 for favs, +0.5 for underdogs.. goes to a tie, the underdog ticket wins).

cman
08-21-2005, 09:35 PM
i usually stick to EPL and have been fairly succesful with it.
only problem for me is having to pick some gay baseball game to make it 3 games on some days, i usually lose.
i cannot wait for hockey for that exact reason.

itstrue
09-08-2005, 08:47 PM
so with EPL, CFL, MLB all in full swing, and NFL, NHL, and NBA to start in the next couple of months i was just seeing if anybody else here plays.
if so we should compile our picks and why, that way all of us beyonders can win or lose together.

Is that system working for you?

cman
09-08-2005, 09:31 PM
well nobody has really shared anything.
for me if its EPL i can usually come pretty close, with the other leageus not so much. im a footy freak.

benyl
09-08-2005, 10:20 PM
some guy got banned from playing sport select as he figured out a system and started winning big... it was on the new a few years ago.

calgary350z
09-08-2005, 10:35 PM
sports select is a big rip off if you are really into sports gambling. If you want a great sight that pays out alot more and requires less games to win a bet use gamblerspalace.com. if anybody wants to use my pics i would love to help people out as i have won over $30,000 in the past 3 years. NFL is about the only sport i will bet on though as the other leagues are more unpredictable due to how many games in there respective league's seasons.

cman
09-08-2005, 10:41 PM
does your website have EPL or CL soccer on it?

calgary350z
09-08-2005, 10:51 PM
pretty sure it does, take a look as you do not have to join to see what they have available www.gamblersparadise.com

calgary350z
09-08-2005, 10:51 PM
sorry iam on crack tonite www.gamblerspalace.com

Dope Dealer
09-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Most online sites have every sport. I prefer PinnacleSports.com over anything else. But there are a ton out there (Bowmans.com, supported by the Eskimo's... 5dimes, betroyal, bodog, olympic (the greek), skybook, canbet etc. etc.)

The ones I listed the the most respected and have good track records (some sites take a while to payout or try to scam their members)...

Dope Dealer
09-08-2005, 10:56 PM
calgary350z, what is your YTD (w/l units up/down) record in NFL? If you have been playing so far?

I'll give out free picks to anyone on this board...

calgary350z
09-08-2005, 11:00 PM
last year i was 88w (covered the spread) 18l(not covered) it was a okay year.

Dope Dealer
09-08-2005, 11:03 PM
wow, that is quite an unbelievable record... Are you using online picks or just picking yourself? I have a friend that is an ex-bookie that is quite good at NFL... I mostly play NFL, NBA, NHL and NCAA hoops..

cman
09-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Ill be playing CL EPL and maybe NFL since you guys seem to know your shit pretty good!
i am considering pinnacle sports, its so weird compared to double play so i probably wont play for a few days at least lol.

calgary350z
09-08-2005, 11:10 PM
i am adicted to NFL and there is a knack to knowing the match ups and previous history. I look at injury reports and go mostly off instinct and knowledge. I had a realtive that made a living off sports select before they changed some rules and he coached me alot on playing parlays and risk factors. Other than that not much else i bet except NHL playoffs. I usually bet at least $100 a week which makes the payouts higher than normal, as you cant really make much profit unless your are willing to lose a decent amount at the same time

cman
09-08-2005, 11:13 PM
i just never played the lines befoer. i just went win/lose and over/under
any simple explanation of them? i think i figured it out but dont want to find out the hard way that i didnt.

Dope Dealer
09-08-2005, 11:15 PM
calgary350z, I'd be interested in seeing your picks for the NFL.. and you too cman for the EPL leagues.. I took up NFL after the lockout and did pretty well.. I play NBA now and then but take my word for it, it is a bitch to win in that league...

I usually wont play for a few weeks when the seasons start, just to get a feel for the new teams and whatnot.. Don't want to throw away good money on teams I havent seen play for a year with new players..

350, are you betting parlays on those bets? I usually just play spreads with one game or straight up (depending on team/spread).. Rarely parlay games unless I am only throwing 5-25 bucks on a parlay...

Dope Dealer
09-08-2005, 11:17 PM
i just never played the lines befoer. i just went win/lose and over/under
any simple explanation of them? i think i figured it out but dont want to find out the hard way that i didnt.

I dont know how soccer works, but in football and such, if the team is a favorite, they will have a negative value.. take for instance next week.. Stamps at Esks.. Stamps suck.. They are given 7.5 pts (+7.5 by their name on the spread and Edmonton is -7.5... that means they must win by over 8 pts for you to win).. Say the score ends up 27-20 for the eskimos, you win since you have that extra .5 pt if you lay the money on the Stamps.. Usually playing spreads, the odds range from 1.85 - 1.95 (that means if you put down 100 dollars on a 1.91 odds, you will win 91 dollars in return along with your 100 bet), depending on the juice of the book.

calgary350z
09-08-2005, 11:26 PM
i find if i play parlays consistantly after the seasons done I usually win a decent amount of money. Single games to me do not payout well enough to make it worth the while, but each to there own. Philly is a lock this week at only -1 against Atlanta. You never know I guess, I can tell you that it will be in my picks this week!

itstrue
09-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by calgary350z
i find if i play parlays consistantly after the seasons done I usually win a decent amount of money. Single games to me do not payout well enough to make it worth the while, but each to there own. Philly is a lock this week at only -1 against Atlanta. You never know I guess, I can tell you that it will be in my picks this week!

How about not losing another sport bet again!

The profit is not as big but neither is the risk but you win everytime.

calgary350z
09-09-2005, 04:08 PM
ill give you an example why, I just bet $35 american on only 6 pretty easy pics, and i stand to win $1442.50. If i only won on a quarter of the games this year i would stand to make alot more profit than betting individual games in my experiences. But like i said earlier, each to there own. Whatever you feel more comfortable betting on. I would rather bet more games smaller wagers and bet every week than individual games bigger wagers.

cman
09-09-2005, 05:52 PM
so are any of you guys willing to help a n00b to the internet betting scene, just to help me get started lol.
never even tried on the net before.
BTW i signed up for the pinnaclegames.com site.

crazytou
09-09-2005, 06:07 PM
i keep it very simple $100 per ticket no more then 3 games per ticket and over and under i found made my money back better. Last year was $14,000into it it was a bad year.....this year will be much better i feel it!!!!

itstrue
09-09-2005, 06:13 PM
you guys have to try Sports Arbitrage Trading.

You will win everytime.

Dope Dealer
09-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by itstrue
you guys have to try Sports Arbitrage Trading.

You will win everytime.

Yeah, if you are lucky enough to find a real true arbitrage which rarely happens..

You may win everytime, but you won't make shit unless you have an HUGE ass bankroll.

itstrue
09-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer

Yeah, if you are lucky enough to find a real true arbitrage which rarely happens..

You may win everytime, but you won't make shit unless you have an HUGE ass bankroll.

RFP spits them out all 24 hours a day.

If you have a big bank roll in just about anything you will make more of course.

But you can still start smaller and keeptrading your profits.

I want your opinin on this.

If you were to invest 1500US and each week an average of 4.74% was returned each week and compounded each week for a year would you think this is good profit.

And would you invest in something making those returns.

Just think if you were to put more than that in.

Plese let me know what you think.

crazytou
09-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Im betting today over and under...looks good so far.