PDA

View Full Version : Crown Victoria = Pinto 2?

4wheeldrift
01-31-2003, 08:11 AM
Here you go Jeff, more fuel for your anti-ford fire, no pun intended.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/01/30/crown.victoria.lawsuit/index.html

CVPP
01-31-2003, 08:21 AM
Yea Bro, I drive a Ford and when I heard that I wanted to get rid of it ASAP. It is crazy and Ford won't reimburse anyone or give anyone the shields besides Police Depts. Trust me I have tried. So, I am talking with a Lawyer about the possibilities.

mwmhong
01-31-2003, 08:39 AM
FORD=Factory Ordered Road Disaster.

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, whatcha you gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you. :guns:

Matrix1
01-31-2003, 08:58 AM
any other car would do the same thing if you read the whole article. all the crashes happened at speeds above 70mph, a direct crash into the rear to any car at that speed means a high chance of hitting the fuel tank. maybe the fuel tank on a victoria is mounted back further:dunno:

but because the police use this car as their main car and they have had like 12 or so deaths in the last 20 years as a result of the tank exploding, every crash over 70mph, gives no reason to dis ford:confused:

pHaCeLeSs
01-31-2003, 11:09 AM
fords probes and mustangs are probably some of my favorite cars.

I like bein picked up in the impalas when drunk tho, so roomy and such a nice ride... oh man so nice...

hinggu
01-31-2003, 11:19 AM
At 70 MPH, who knows what will happen.. I also heard that lots of Police Depts. are taking out the spare tire to fit more gear in and this is one of the reasons for the fire, cuz the spare acutally helps.

GTS Jeff
01-31-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Matrix1
any other car would do the same thing if you read the whole article. all the crashes happened at speeds above 70mph, a direct crash into the rear to any car at that speed means a high chance of hitting the fuel tank. maybe the fuel tank on a victoria is mounted back further:dunno:

but because the police use this car as their main car and they have had like 12 or so deaths in the last 20 years as a result of the tank exploding, every crash over 70mph, gives no reason to dis ford:confused:

very good point. ford still sucks though.

GTS Jeff
01-31-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Here you go Jeff, more fuel for your anti-ford fire, no pun intended.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/01/30/crown.victoria.lawsuit/index.html :D