PDA

View Full Version : Calgary tower!!

GQBalla
08-13-2005, 04:36 PM
hey everyone well im deciding either calgary tower or that restaurant by the bow river to take my girlfriend out for our 1 year anniversary!

and i was just wondering do you need to make reservations to go to the calgary tower place?

im thinking im leaning more to the calgary tower because of the view and i would like it to be during night time so it would be nice...

or anyone recommend anywhere romantic???

illeagle
08-13-2005, 04:39 PM
nothing is wrong with dinner in teh tower.. On your way back down in the elevator... Jump as high as you can.. you float like 4 feet in the air for a bit... haha :thumbsup:

GQBalla
08-13-2005, 04:42 PM
hrmmm sounds pretty tempting i do like to have fun.... AHAHHA

t-im
08-13-2005, 04:47 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97093

GQBalla
08-13-2005, 04:56 PM
do you need to make reservations?

Kobe
08-13-2005, 05:02 PM
http://www.calgarytower.com/panorama.htm

I think so...

GQBalla
08-13-2005, 05:10 PM
wow thanks for the webstite kobe!

Kobe
08-13-2005, 05:17 PM
no worrys man :poosie:

FiveFreshFish
08-15-2005, 12:13 AM
I think you have to pay for the elevator ride up, despite the fact that you'll be spending a decent amount of cash to dine there.

http://www.calgarytower.com/reception.htm

You can walk up the stairs at no charge but that kills the romance! The elevator ride down is free. :D

GQBalla
08-15-2005, 12:22 AM
hrmmmmm lol its okay!

BebeAphrodite
08-15-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
hey everyone well im deciding either calgary tower or that restaurant by the bow river to take my girlfriend out for our 1 year anniversary!

and i was just wondering do you need to make reservations to go to the calgary tower place?

im thinking im leaning more to the calgary tower because of the view and i would like it to be during night time so it would be nice...

or anyone recommend anywhere romantic???

I'd say neither restaurant.
The Caille on the Bow (which is the restaurant on the Bow) gave me the worst so called fine dining experience I've ever had (I have a review in this section if u look for it).
I've only been to the Calgary Tower three times but it was a complete miss each time - it's pretty hard to want to go to somewhere if each time it's been a miss. I had pretty bad main courses each time and a DECENT appetizer but for the price you pay you shouldn't be getting decent, it should be good.

Maybe try Centini... Muse... Sugo... hmm.. can't really think right now but I'll probably think of more later.

Impreza
08-15-2005, 01:32 AM
The Muse would be a better choice IMO.

d.maczko
08-15-2005, 01:34 AM
hmmmm when i went to the tower it was kind of a spur of the moment thing, we were having fun so i said lets go for dinner, no reservations or anything, didnt have to pay for the elevator either, but mind you this was a couple years ago. not bad service there, i didnt mind.

special note: dont forget where the bathroom is, because the restaraunt does spin and you have to find the damn door haha. quite amusing to watch people ask others where it went :)

t-im
08-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

Maybe try Centini... Muse... Sugo... hmm.. can't really think right now but I'll probably think of more later.

I went to Muse a few weeks ago and it was pretty sub-par compared to the other times i've eaten there, and especially for the price you're paying, it doesn't exactly come off as "fine dining." I don't think i'll go there again.

dam_guy
08-15-2005, 03:13 AM
i'm not sure if this applies to anyone who has ate there, but whenever i went, i kinda get motion sick. :dunno:
even though the tower is spinning so slow, its unsettling to my stomach, especially since i'm eating at the same time.

lastprodigy
08-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

I'd say neither restaurant.
The Caille on the Bow (which is the restaurant on the Bow) gave me the worst so called fine dining experience I've ever had (I have a review in this section if u look for it).
I've only been to the Calgary Tower three times but it was a complete miss each time - it's pretty hard to want to go to somewhere if each time it's been a miss. I had pretty bad main courses each time and a DECENT appetizer but for the price you pay you shouldn't be getting decent, it should be good.

not everyone likes to adorn to your hoi-tee-toi-tee tastes ...:rolleyes:

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I think you have to pay for the elevator ride up, despite the fact that you'll be spending a decent amount of cash to dine there.

http://www.calgarytower.com/reception.htm

You can walk up the stairs at no charge but that kills the romance! The elevator ride down is free. :D

If you want to save the money on the elevator ride up without killing the romance THERE IS a solution. Throw her over your shoulder "fireman style" and start running:bigpimp:

You can't go wrong :D

GQBalla
08-15-2005, 01:07 PM
LOL maybes you can perhaps teach me the fireman style tricks???

sxtasy
08-15-2005, 01:10 PM
I wouldnt recommend the tower for dinner. Service was very average there, and food was below average. I've read some pretty bad reviews of La Caille as well. I would suggest heading out to Bragg Creek for dinner, nice place called Infusion, good food, nice people and it could be romantic as well.

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 01:24 PM
LOL maybes you can perhaps teach me the fireman style tricks???

Yeah I really have no idea what I'm talking about. I hear the women like that kind of thing but I've never had the chance to prove it for myself:dunno:

And running up every step of the Calgary tower might be a little excessive. Hey it's his 1 year anniversary he should do whatever he feels right.

jdmakkord
08-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

How about mine then?:rolleyes: Calgary tower's restaraunt has miserable cooks. I've worked with their ex head-chefs, and am not impressed at all. Wanna try their cooking? Go eat at moxies! lol

If you want to show a bit of class and have good food, try Centinis, Wildwood, Verve, etc. If you are spending a decent amount on a meal, why eat sub-par?

BebeAphrodite
08-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

He's asking for experiences at "fine dining restaurants", why get decent to below average food for the price you are paying?

It's not like I'm suggesting fine dining restaurants when he is asking for a good burger joint. :rolleyes:

GQBalla
08-15-2005, 01:48 PM
hrmmm

so can anybody get me the addresses and and names of these places that everyone is recommending??

seems to me like not a lot of people like the calgary tower....

t-im
08-15-2005, 02:26 PM
hrmmm

so can anybody get me the addresses and and names of these places that everyone is recommending??

seems to me like not a lot of people like the calgary tower....

I just think the Calgary Tower seems a bit...i duno..touristy??..to go eat there..esp. when theres alot of other perfectly good restaurants

and hey, that money you would spend on the elevator ride up can be used for an apetizer probably wahaha

gkAeris
08-15-2005, 02:40 PM
UMM i went the the tower before nothing special, it was cool, i mean if it's something you never done before you guys might as well go and try it out, it's a different atmosphere

As for Muse, i really wouldn't call it FINE DINING

ooo i always wanted to try the place inside the Princes Island Park, it's a little walk from the car, but it would be pretty romantic, i think it's called the River Cafe

(on a side note, i think i got most of the english spelled right yaaa)

GSR Zero
08-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by dam_guy
i'm not sure if this applies to anyone who has ate there, but whenever i went, i kinda get motion sick. :dunno:
even though the tower is spinning so slow, its unsettling to my stomach, especially since i'm eating at the same time.

I know what you mean. I went to eat at the Tower during Dining week. I don't usually get motion sick but I did feel a bit queesy at first. I wouldn't recommend taking someone there who easily gets sick.

d.maczko
08-17-2005, 02:44 PM
heres an idea, how about you cook for her?
i did that once, worked like a charm i tell you,
small table outside is always good, couple candles,
a nice touch would be to have a violin player there,
very romantic, lol
chicks dig that sorta thing

Mosquito_R
08-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by d.maczko
heres an idea, how about you cook for her?

There's this book called "Win Her with Dinner". Pretty decent recipes and tips on how to make it all romantic. :)

As for the tower, yeah, the food is only average, but I got pretty good service with my gf. We went on a night where the sky was very clear so it was a good view. Call in ahead and ask for a window-facing booth and the view should be excellent. I asked my gf if she'd like to go back there to eat again, she said maybe not, because it really wasn't anything outstanding for the price you pay... but, it's worth it to try just once... and we don't really care that much for high-quality food.

Elevation cost is excluded from the meal, so you still gotta pay $10-ish per person for the elevator ride. :thumbsdow

sputnik
08-17-2005, 03:12 PM
www.ververestaurants.com