PDA

View Full Version : anybody have a hacked sr20det engine harness??

dymz999
08-13-2005, 08:38 PM
YAY YAY YAY i found the problem with my car and why it was cutting out. you won't believe this. the signal wire that runs to the CAS was partially cut, well i found the problem today after installing the new blow off valve (greddy type RS). Car wouldn't start as the wire got totally disconnected.

Now here is the question, who here has a spare harness laying around? the plug can not be re-pinned and the wire is broken right at the connector so you can't solder it.

If anybody has a spare harness laying around with the CAS plug sitting there i will give ya $20 bucks just like that, not bad for a cheezy little plug. Please let me know asap. pm me or just reply....

schurchill39
08-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Dont u love when your huge problem was one little thing. Imagin what would of happend if you would of sold your car and the person after figured it out. Wouldnt u just be kicking yourself

dymz999
08-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Nah that was just 1 of the problems, i fixed the other problem by removing the head, taking the block apart and sticking in new rings and then well putting back together, trust me not fun as i did this just a few months back and i'll say it now i'll never use the OEM nissan piston rings again. They lasted a grand total of 9 months and just a little high horsepower usage. Not sure if the hardcore bump and fuel pump dying contributed to it, but no chances this time.

GRRR what a pain, on a side note when i make it to the next meet you'll see a bunch of new goodies under the hood, uhmmm looks like a new engine. Still doing the RB25DET swap though, i'm going to jdm source this upcoming weekend just to check things out and confirm pricing and such. Will be a fun winter.

-=MJ=-
08-14-2005, 10:56 PM
I have an extra CAS plug.

But i live in edmonton.

Let me know

dymz999
08-15-2005, 07:04 AM
I can send you $25 using paypal then you can just send it down here, should only cost like 3 or 4 bucks for shipping. pm me your paypal addy or pm your addy and i'll mail you a money order.

this a CAS plug from an s13 sr20det motor correct?

-=MJ=-
08-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Pm'd.

And i am looking for more than 20 bucks. Every looked for a Z32 MAf plug?? 100 bucks from Tomei.

dymz999
08-15-2005, 07:19 AM
just so you know i wont go more than 20 bucks as it is not even worth that. I'll wait if i have to until this weekend if i really have to. A tomei plug is different as it is a brand new aftermarket plug for something hard to find. up to you though, no difference to me.

the plug also is $100. maybe if you buy it some place in town where prices are jacked up. They go for $30 USD simply because it is a brand new plug that is meant for the application and has the proper wires already nicely removed for you. You can also buy the standard 300zx plug used for around 10 bucks on ebay...

-=MJ=-
08-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Sounds good

Have a nice day

schurchill39
08-15-2005, 06:53 PM
You are comparing a stock used plug to a brand spankin new afterm arket plug and are looking for the same price (roughly) Wow you relly need to re think that dude.

dymz999
08-15-2005, 09:43 PM
I found one today for 5 bucks. Some people just want to rake others over the coals in times of need, kind of unfortunate. I'm personally more than willing to help others in our community and not kick them in the nuts when they are done.

like c'mon i was talking about a used plug, its not a high in demand item its not worth much if anything and the 20 bucks was a good fair offer.

-=MJ=-
08-15-2005, 11:29 PM
See the probem is that is is still attached to a semi-working haness. It just has a short in it somewhere. Not that i was trying to get 100 for it. It is just that i would have to cut up a harness that is extremely valuable (new is 400 USD). I was not trying to get ever cent out of dymz999 is just that the price had to be justifiable to cut up a whole harness for ONE plug.

If it was on some piece of shit but harness i would have charged 10 for it.

Oh well if someone need a harness that need a little bit of repair i have one for 100.

TypeS
08-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Why would you offer him the plug anyway? if its a complete harness the LAST thing you want to do is part it out!