PDA

View Full Version : 4 Brothers

Nalgene
08-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Urgh...

Saw this movie just about 3 hours ago at Chinook. All I can say is that this movie would barely be worth renting.
Sure it had its funny moments but it was just a bad movie.

Whats everyone elses thoughts on it?

GQBalla
08-14-2005, 12:48 AM
REALLY????

wow i saw this yesterday at silvercity and all i can say is GREAT MOVIE!!!

good story line and has everything!

cops, corrupt cops, gangsters, guns, cash, tyrese's girl wasn't bad looking definatily nice body!

eblend
08-14-2005, 09:57 AM
I loved the movie too! Great movie. Whatever you were on during the movie was imparing your judgement. Other then a few corny parts the rest of it was awsome, great action and a great story line

JAYMEZ
08-14-2005, 10:27 AM
I didnt like it at all :thumbsdow

awd
08-14-2005, 11:08 AM
I knew it was a bomb after seeing the first preview.

brandon
08-14-2005, 11:30 AM
I thought the movie was amazing!

GQBalla
08-14-2005, 12:44 PM
the movie was great had a great story line too! especially the part when tyrese was holding fowler hostage but than when all the cops came out fowler though he was caught red handed!
MWAHAH that part was absolutly intense!
i thought the movie was intense throughout the whole movie!

James
08-14-2005, 02:42 PM
huh, apparantly its either HORRIBLE or AMAZING.. wtf?:confused:

Nalgene
08-14-2005, 03:02 PM
What?

With all the gang shootings where were the cops? Or other bystanders? Its Detroit! There are supposed to other people out on the streets. Did they run out of money for extras?
also when the mom keeps appearing and talking to them. The ending was horrible.
Also the stroy just kept building off of nothing. "Oh lets go kill this guy, oh the guy we just killed mentioned this guy was involved, lets go get him..." And that went on and on for the whole movie.

Boo urns.

GQBalla
08-15-2005, 12:17 AM
ermmm the ending was okay..not that great but the movie was pretty good!

and it was in the middle of the winter so there weren't people outside in the cold!

the story actually builds off everything that happened

TrevorK
08-15-2005, 09:53 AM
I thought the movie was great....

finboy
08-15-2005, 10:00 AM
judging by the fact that tyrese is one of the main actors, you know the quality of the movie will be sub-par

gkAeris
08-15-2005, 10:03 AM
it was alright,

ummm too much people die lol

sputnik
08-15-2005, 10:03 AM
mixed reviews on rottentomatoes.com - 49%

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/four_brothers/

b_t
08-15-2005, 10:31 AM
What happened to John Singleton that made him go from Boyz in the Hood to "2 Fast 2 Furious" to this?

AllGoNoShow
08-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Looks good, hopefully will be seein it soon!

Primer_Drift
08-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by finboy
judging by the fact that tyrese is one of the main actors, you know the quality of the movie will be sub-par
:rofl:
My thoughts exactly, I'll wait for this on cable ..many years from now.

GQBalla
08-15-2005, 01:57 PM
i thought tyrese played his character pretty good too

cityhunter2501
08-15-2005, 04:23 PM
i guess ill just wait for the dvd version? :dunno:

Gurpy
08-15-2005, 04:30 PM
think it's only in theaters.

Fluidic
08-16-2005, 03:44 AM
lol

Kind of a hurt movie. Saw it Monday night... I dunno... the guns were nice... :dunno:

Das_Amaretto
08-16-2005, 04:17 AM
liek wtf, when everybody drove out so far, and he's all like "so who's gonna do me, huh?" then he walks up outta nowhere like he was buried and hiding in the snow or something, jus waiting for da moment :bullshit:

tyrese/fowler scene was da shiet

andre (outkast) was a million times better as Daboo in Be Cool

rice_eater
08-16-2005, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by brandon
I thought the movie was amazing!

they killed mama !!!!!!! you dont understand, it was an EXECUTION :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: if that's the premise of the movie, a gangsta drive by killing of someone's mother i'll pass thanks :rofl: :rofl:

sl888
08-16-2005, 05:18 AM
It got 2 thumbs up so I guess its worth going to see in theatres.

Chester
08-16-2005, 03:33 PM
I saw it last night, thought it was a pretty good movie.

Chandler_Racing
08-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Wasn't the best movie of the year by any stretch, but I enjoyed it.

turbotrip
08-16-2005, 03:57 PM
i thought it was a great action movie.... some people in this thread are a little too analytical

AcuraTl
08-16-2005, 04:04 PM
saw it at crowfoot 2days ago, thought it was a pretty decent movie, the plot gets a bit dragged on in some scenes, but all in all i believe it succeeded!

Nalgene
08-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Well what made the movie alright was the previews and the occasional joke :dunno:

SneakyNeek
08-16-2005, 10:05 PM
i thought it was pretty good myself

stevieo
08-17-2005, 12:38 AM
i dunno why you guys didn't like it..

I liked it. movie was pretty good imo.

asp integra
08-22-2005, 07:47 PM
ya i really enjoyed it, thought it was a great movie

GSR Zero
09-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Just checked it out on Tuesday night. Not a bad movie overall. It definitely had some cheesy moments in there.

soupey
09-01-2005, 01:46 PM
two things i noticed while watchn it

1) they're eating an evening dinner at first, then 2 seconds later its broad daylight and they're playin hockey in a rink

2) they randomly drive out from detroit to the arctic where there are apparently no roads, or snow on any vehicles, only on teh ground, oh and also the main guy (forgot his name) who fights the main villain...pops out of nowhere...what did he walk it there?, no car behind him, no nothing, kinda weird how they flipped between so many settings....

storyline was pretty good i guess, but it jus seemed like they were climbing up the chain, seemd like tehy killed mroe ppl than they needed to, and they didnt explain why the white punk brotehr guy was having so many flashbacks (well i did miss the first 5 mins of the movie, duno if they explained it then) when they killed the ppl in the car after they flipped it....

i didnt think they needed to kill off one of the brotehrs, they cudve jus hospitalized him, kinda put a sad spin on a decently happy storyline...

AcuraTl
09-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by soupey

1) they're eating an evening dinner at first, then 2 seconds later its broad daylight and they're playin hockey in a rink

2) they randomly drive out from detroit to the arctic where there are apparently no roads, or snow on any vehicles, only on teh ground, oh and also the main guy (forgot his name) who fights the main villain...pops out of nowhere...what did he walk it there?, no car behind him, no nothing, kinda weird how they flipped between so many settings....

storyline was pretty good i guess, but it jus seemed like they were climbing up the chain, seemd like tehy killed mroe ppl than they needed to, and they didnt explain why the white punk brotehr guy was having so many flashbacks (well i did miss the first 5 mins of the movie, duno if they explained it then) when they killed the ppl in the car after they flipped it....

i didnt think they needed to kill off one of the brotehrs, they cudve jus hospitalized him, kinda put a sad spin on a decently happy storyline...

Movie had its inconsistencies, but the main bad guy's enterage came with him...the funniest part was when they popped like 10 guys outside the guys house and the police just let them off w.e even booking them or even a slight investigation..."it was self defence" :nut:

stevieo
09-02-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by soupey

probably drove to the lake erie or something?:dunno:

SneakyNeek
09-02-2005, 01:54 AM
bahaha it swas a pretty good movie yea couple wierd parts but hey its a movie

:closed:

403Gemini
09-02-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Nalgene
What?

With all the gang shootings where were the cops? Or other bystanders? Its Detroit! There are supposed to other people out on the streets. Did they run out of money for extras?
also when the mom keeps appearing and talking to them. The ending was horrible.
Also the stroy just kept building off of nothing. "Oh lets go kill this guy, oh the guy we just killed mentioned this guy was involved, lets go get him..." And that went on and on for the whole movie.

Boo urns.

could argue that the movie payback with mel gibson is almost the exact same thing, yet that movie was phenomenal