View Full Version : Book reviews

Tyler883
08-14-2005, 12:18 PM
the books that I have on my bookshelf are:

- Arnold's Encyclopedia of BodyBuilding
- Gold's Gym encyclopedia of Building
- Joe Weider's encyclopedia of body building

IMO,

- Arnnie's book is a good read for anyone, and I like it's exercise description because they also show you common mistakes. If I had to have only 1 book, this is the book that I would choose.

- Gold's gym enclopedia has some good sections on the ATP cycle(crebb's cycle), muscle recovery, it doesn't cover as much as Arnnie, but it has more detail on the things that it does cover.

- Joe weider's book, I think could easily be a close substitute to the first two books, but I have to admit that I read it last, and as a result - I didn't really get into it much ie it didn't impress me. Although, I think its has the best information related to building your own work out routines.

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm not intending this to be a useless post, however I'm really not a fan of these "how to be what you want" books. I remember in a previous thread heavyD said that he wished people would spend more time in the gym and less time obsessing about petty details.

Although these books are definitely good for some people, they are a petty detail for me. I find my fitness regime is best when my attitude is living a healthy lifestyle and working hard in the gym.

As soon as I let things get too compicated I end up skipping workouts and staying on my computer researching on bodybuilding.com till midnight... like I'm doing tonight:thumbsdow

Tyler883
08-15-2005, 09:06 AM
:rofl: :werd: