PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious red bump that hurts like nothin else

b_t
08-15-2005, 12:33 PM
alright so I just had this weird bump show up the other day, at first it was no problem, but now it is quite a bit bigger and it hurts like a motherfucker. Its smooth, about 1.5 centimeters around, and fuck does it ever hurt, plus it is on the bottom of my arm so I always hit it against my side when I walk. I have no idea what it is, where it came from, or how to get rid of it.
any ideas?

Thaco
08-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Its a too-ma

FiveFreshFish
08-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Bug bite?

b_t
08-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Bug bite?

I don't think so... I was camping a week ago, so I might have gotten it then, but this bump has only really been obvious since Saturday.

Originally posted by Thaco
Its a too-ma

I hope not, but that's what it looks like

GQBalla
08-15-2005, 12:42 PM
maybe a cyst???

go to the doctor man and see whatsups

b_t
08-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
maybe a cyst???

go to the doctor man and see whatsups

haha I haven't seen my doctor in six years and don't really want to go now. I was hoping I could self-treat this bad boy.

QuasarCav
08-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Cut it out, be sure to use some Hydrogen peroxide.

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by b_t
haha I haven't seen my doctor in six years and don't really want to go now. I was hoping I could self-treat this bad boy.

Yeah but there is no way to self-diagnose a "red bump" by posting a thread on Beyond.ca. I'd say wait about a week, then go to a doctor for sure. That way you can tell him that it's been there for 2 weeks and it's causing you discomfort and he'll be able to more accurately look into it.

Originally posted by QuasarCav
Cut it out, be sure to use some Hydrogen peroxide.

Dude you better have been joking, and if you were at least add a smiley in there so people know when you are joking. Nobody can hear you laughing behind your computer screen!
:rofl:

Definitely do not cut it out - go see a doctor if it doesn't go away:thumbsup:

QuasarCav
08-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Dude you better have been joking, and if you were at least add a smiley in there so people know when you are joking. Nobody can hear you laughing behind your computer screen!
:rofl:

Definitely do not cut it out - go see a doctor if it doesn't go away:thumbsup:

WTF do you think people did before doctors. Either cut it out or see a doctor.

Be sure to use some hydrogen peroxide and a sharp knife, it's better if you have a few drinks in you so the pain wont hurt as much.

Ever since I realized that I can perform my own surgeries doctors have become obselete.

GQBalla
08-15-2005, 01:10 PM
hrmmm maybe its a insect bite that planted their eggs underneath your skin is acutally about to hatch after they have had enough to eat within your body???;)

JAYMEZ
08-15-2005, 01:12 PM
^^ Lol thats the worse advise ive heard for a long time .

Wait a week , maybe take some antibiotics ( if its an infection) , if it does not go away , go see the doc.

Maybe you got stung by something like a wasp/hornet/bee ?

Thaco
08-15-2005, 01:16 PM
LOL

FYI alcohol thins your blood, disallowing it to clot, therefor making you bleed to death.. worst advice EVAR!!!

WTF do you think people did before doctors. Either cut it out or see a doctor.

Be sure to use some hydrogen peroxide and a sharp knife, it's better if you have a few drinks in you so the pain wont hurt as much.

Ever since I realized that I can perform my own surgeries doctors have become obselete.

Davetronz
08-15-2005, 01:17 PM
It could be gout... Not only does it affect the toe but it can also affect any joint...

bigboom
08-15-2005, 01:20 PM
an ingrown hair or a pimple would be my best guess...

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I don't know why we are all becoming guilty of falling for QuasarCav's B.S... he's just being an idiot so ignore him.

b_t
08-15-2005, 01:27 PM
all of the sudden it changed from sore to unbearable, so I am checking out of work early to drop by a clinic and get it looked at.. when something suddenly changes for the worse, it is not a good sign

QuasarCav
08-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by b_t
all of the sudden it changed from sore to unbearable, so I am checking out of work early to drop by a clinic and get it looked at.. when something suddenly changes for the worse, it is not a good sign

And when you remove it the pain will stop.

And forget my idea about the alcohol, I was a little drunk myself. A tough guy like you should have no problem sucking up the pain.

bundi
08-15-2005, 01:36 PM
could be an absess (sp?) pretty much like a big pimple, but if you lean on your arm (where the bump is) often, it could be caused by the constant pressure on it.

My friend came back from Park Lake with 3 huge red bumps on her arm (bout loonie/twonie sized) and she went to the doctor and he told her it was West Nile :D

Good luck with things....

definately new sig material

roflmao

b_t
08-15-2005, 01:37 PM

And when you remove it the pain will stop.

And forget my idea about the alcohol, I was a little drunk myself. A tough guy like you should have no problem sucking up the pain.

cutting it out? haha no problem. its the stiching it up back up again that would be a tricky operation.

Originally posted by bundi
could be an absess (sp?) pretty much like a big pimple, but if you lean on your arm (where the bump is) often, it could be caused by the constant pressure on it.

My friend came back from Park Lake with 3 huge red bumps on her arm (bout loonie/twonie sized) and she went to the doctor and he told her it was West Nile :D

Good luck with things....

definately new sig material

roflmao

west nile? hahaha I just came back from camping, got eaten alive by bugs. maybe I have west nile :D

QuasarCav
08-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by b_t

cutting it out? haha no problem. its the stiching it up back up again that would be a tricky operation.

Just give me call man, I keep fishing line and a rusty needle in my glove box.

J/K (happy hockeybronx?)

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 01:53 PM
J/K (happy hockeybronx?) '

Cha-Ching:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Primer_Drift
08-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a spider bite to me. They can last for weeks because of the venom. Very localized and they swell a bit and hurt like hell.

kiwi
08-15-2005, 03:44 PM
So did you get the bump removed? What was it & where did you get it from?

Khyron
08-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I was thinking a tic, or a black widow bite.

Khyron

V6-BoI
08-15-2005, 04:37 PM
It could just possibly be a zit as well on your arm. And don't worry about it being a "too-ma" cuz I don't think those sort of bumps hurt, they are just there.

Tyler883
08-15-2005, 04:56 PM
I think the bump is probably infection around whatever it is that he has. Cutting into it would be a bad idea cause it might get abcessed, right?

hondafetish
08-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
Its a too-ma

It's not a too-ma. I have a headache.

b_t
08-15-2005, 06:44 PM
ya it was an infection, prolly from slicing myself open when I was working on my car. he gave me some antibiotics and said it should disappear by Wednesday, if not I have to back and see him and he said he'll have to freeze it and like suck it out or something? and it was absessed like Tyler883 said, so cutting it would have been a terrible idea since the infection would get into the bloodstream

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by b_t
ya it was an infection, prolly from slicing myself open when I was working on my car. he gave me some antibiotics and said it should disappear by Wednesday, if not I have to back and see him and he said he'll have to freeze it and like suck it out or something? and it was absessed like Tyler883 said, so cutting it would have been a terrible idea since the infection would get into the bloodstream

Well it was a good call to go get it looked at, at least now you know what it is and you don't have to worry anymore. Glad it wasn't anything too serious:thumbsup:

asp integra
08-23-2005, 12:28 AM
check with a doc, remember , like spike tv says, check up or check out!!!

hockeybronx
08-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by asp integra
check with a doc, remember , like spike tv says, check up or check out!!!

He alread did:dunno: :

Originally posted by b_t
ya it was an infection, prolly from slicing myself open when I was working on my car. he gave me some antibiotics and said it should disappear by Wednesday, if not I have to back and see him

lastprodigy
08-24-2005, 10:48 AM
post pics

Raz
08-24-2005, 10:57 AM
ewww :thumbsdow

EK 2.0
08-24-2005, 11:12 AM
the REAL Finboy had a "too-mah" looking thing...on the wrist (add snickering here)...t was apparently some water filled bullshit that got removed or something try searching for that thread...complete with pics...it might offer you some answers...

b_t
08-25-2005, 08:41 AM
it was the same type of thing... it went away already. It was fuckin huge when I had it though, but it popped and drained like a gigantic pimple. It was gross. like sick. whoa.