PDA

View Full Version : Nürburgring - Nordschleife Pictures

Fluidic
08-15-2005, 01:36 PM
http://members.lycos.nl/nordschleife/

Posting from another thread on a different forum. Some very nice cars and photos from an interesting perspective - the passenger in a MK3 1.8l Golf.

rage2
08-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Nice! Hopefully next year I'll have my own set of pics and vids from the ring.

Fluidic
08-15-2005, 01:44 PM
You better have the "new and improved" HD-cam with you!

/////AMG
08-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Nice! Hopefully next year I'll have my own set of pics and vids from the ring.

And which car?

Fluidic
08-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm thinking the Porsche. However getting cars shipped overseas isn't the easiest task in the world. Depends on the dedication. :)

Impreza
08-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Damn sexy cars! :drool: I'm loving the RS4

habsfan
08-15-2005, 02:12 PM
cool pics, i love the caterhams.

rage, i'm so bloody jealous, mind if i hide in one of your suitcases? :angel:

rage2
08-15-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm prob. gonna rent a M3 there for a week and camp at the ring. Working out details already with some rennlisters out there ;).

I'll be going by myself cuz nobody's crazy enough to go with me, but hey, if u can afford plane ticket and food, u can sleep on the floor and ride with me while I try not to die lol.

And yea, I already have my new Sony HD cam along with a shitload of stickypods.

Fluidic
08-15-2005, 03:44 PM
but hey, if u can afford plane ticket and food, u can sleep on the floor and ride with me while I try not to die lol.

Tell me the when and I'm so there. I'm not going to pass up such an opportunity. I'll leave my "annoying bastard" side here in Calgary. :)

Tuner1
08-15-2005, 03:56 PM

I'll be going by myself cuz nobody's crazy enough to go with me, but hey, if u can afford plane ticket and food, u can sleep on the floor and ride with me while I try not to die lol.

Thanks for the invitation :cry:

I have been there four times, I love the place and have a good feel for the track :burnout:

Rob

rage2
08-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32
Thanks for the invitation :cry:

I have been there four times, I love the place and have a good feel for the track :burnout:

Rob
haha ya I know. Heard about you ripping around in a Ferrari delivered to you at the ring. Bastard! lol

Ya, I mostly wanna go to learn the track (in real life, not in GT4 hehe) and have 3 HD cams filming a good lap from multiple angles.

milesmcewing
08-15-2005, 06:19 PM
I have one from a 2WD Porsche in the snow if you want it.

When are you going, Rage.

Rob we talked about it, you going again? We plan to be there ~June 14 next year.

Lets hook up!!

Oh, we are booked for Laguna Oct 14-16, wanna come?

Need two more guys.

Cheers
Miles

rage2
08-15-2005, 06:54 PM
I was thinking May next year, but June works too!

I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of actually doing nothing but driving there for a week. ie tires, brakes, etc. Chatting with guys that live there right now trying to see how it can be done haha.

milesmcewing
08-16-2005, 06:53 PM
June is our favourite because then you can do Le Mans and Goodwood.

Been to Goodwood four times (gotta brag!!)

Cheers

We always have a hard time at the 'ring, someone always falls off their bike and causes a delay for three hours, then they open up and the next biker falls off their bike.....

repeat ten times, and poof! just missed two days!

Rob seems to have always been a lot luckier with getting a clear track, maybe we need to go with him!

RickDaTuner
08-16-2005, 07:10 PM
I was thinking May next year, but June works too!

I'm just trying to figure out the logistics of actually doing nothing but driving there for a week. ie tires, brakes, etc. Chatting with guys that live there right now trying to see how it can be done haha.

yeah the tires and brakes are the first thing that come to mind for me aswell, but hey may, or june, I would seriously be up for that, in my own rented M3 of course, tandem attack comes to mind...

finboy
08-16-2005, 08:02 PM
fuckin' :bigpimp:

Canmorite
08-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Been there 3 times, and once for a ride around the 'ring in the Zakspeed viper :poosie:

http://members.lycos.nl/nordschleife/gfx/IMG_0086.jpg

Not my pic but same car.

It is THE place to see and hear amazing cars. I saw a red Carrera GT and about 7 Enzo's, plus every other Ferrari and Exotic car imaginable.

See this for my pics from Ferrari Days 2004 at the Nurburgring.

http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/Ferrari-Days-2004

Pics from around the 'ring.

http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/album767

Rage2...Let me know if you need someone to split costs up with for your trip!

finboy
08-16-2005, 08:54 PM
didn't see any cossies in that groupl unfortunatly, but nice a3 in there

Tuner1
08-16-2005, 10:15 PM

haha ya I know. Heard about you ripping around in a Ferrari delivered to you at the ring. Bastard! lol

Yeah I've had many good times at the 'Ring and would always jump at the chance to go back. In my four visits I've managed about 45 driving laps and 25 passenger laps, which may not sound like many until you've been around the 'Ring! A sub 8:20 lap around the track is quite an eye opener :eek:

Personally I would only go back in the off-season (Sept, Oct or Mar, Apr) and even then the weekends are quite busy. If you are really trying to learn the lines and get faster your days are wasted when the track is crowded by European teens in 1800<cc hot-hatches and useless motor bike riders!

Rob

Mr.Freeze-cgn
08-25-2005, 02:55 AM
Thats Funny ...these Pic where Taken on the same day when I was there ! !!! even at the same time !

I was there with some friend ..with our bikes ! A group of ZX12R drivers .

The white VW Golf which you could see on one photo runed like Hell !!! He was after a Porsche GT3 and he had no chance to get away from him !

On Sunday I will go to the Nurburgring again ! Perhaps I take some photos !