PDA

View Full Version : How can get rid of this trunk rattle?

dreamchaser
08-15-2005, 02:36 PM
any ideas?? or any product available outthere??
I mean the rattle created by the sound from subwoofer.

GQBalla
08-15-2005, 02:37 PM
dynamat!

dreamchaser
08-15-2005, 02:56 PM
WHere can i find it in calgary?
any other ideas?

snowboard
08-15-2005, 03:02 PM
audio stores. its kind of expensive i think, but totally worth it. or just shove canadian tire money between everything. thats what i did with my old car. haha

shakalaka
08-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Or if you dont have too many people riding in your car all the time. Flip down the back seat of the car. I did that in my civic, and the damn thing totally stopped rattling. Its a cheap fix. It has to do with not enough pressure building in the trunk since the back is open, and it doesnt make the trunk rattle then.

QuasarCav
08-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Wrap electrical tape around every place that plastic meets plastic.

bspot
08-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Expanding foam between the rattling panels... just be careful!

lastprodigy
08-15-2005, 04:06 PM
hmmm ill try that seat trick when i drive again....if the weather gets any better :thumbsdow

soupey
08-15-2005, 04:46 PM
i hear u can do a not-so-clean looking job if you go to ur hardware store and buy some sort of shingle thing for ur roof, works just like dynamat does, cept its designed to waterproof ur roof, not sure what exactly its called, i suppose u cud look it up urself tho...should be MUCH cheaper than dynamat.

rahim
08-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Wrap electrical tape around every place that plastic meets plastic.

that wouldn't work, might just change the sound

Originally posted by bspot
Expanding foam between the rattling panels... just be careful!

what happens when you need to take the panel off?

Originally posted by soupey
i hear u can do a not-so-clean looking job if you go to ur hardware store and buy some sort of shingle thing for ur roof, works just like dynamat does, cept its designed to waterproof ur roof, not sure what exactly its called, i suppose u cud look it up urself tho...should be MUCH cheaper than dynamat.

worst idea yet, unless you are only using it on the floor of the trunk, that stuff doesn't stick very well and will fall off of verticle panels and the top of the trunk if it gets too hot, not good for equipment and wouldn't be fun to clean up, also its made of tar, imagine what your car would smell like the first summer its in there

dreamchaser
08-15-2005, 09:40 PM
My car is a mercedes, its built like a Tank. I can not fold the seat but i tried taking the Emergency kit out and now i have a 10 inch x 8 inch hole on back behind the seat , that did not help.

I searched on the net , dynamat is like 150 us for two mats. thats expensive but if i wont have a choice i guess i will use that.

I was wondering how about the stuff that we use to insulate house walls that comes in pressurized cans? its kind of a foam.
i think its called something like polyeurothane or something.

b_t
08-15-2005, 09:50 PM
dynamat costs a fortune. I would recommend you try and get fatmat into Canada http://www.fatmat.com/ or eDead (my personal favorite) http://www.edesignaudio.com/
Both perform the same, but cost much less

rahim
08-15-2005, 10:15 PM
B-Quiet Extreme (50 sq. ft.) $130 shipped to your door
http://www.b-quiet.com/extreme.html