PDA

View Full Version : Gyms Downtown

BigBanana
08-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Does anyone know of any good/ nice gyms downtown??
When I mean 'good' I mean gyms that actually have all the correct weights and when I mean 'nice' I mean gyms that don't have that stanky gym smell.

If anyone has been to the Good Life Fitness gym at Canyon Meadows (formally Gold's Gym) that's the kinda gym I'm talking about.

The commute to Canyon Meadows is killing me. So if anyone has any thoughts please do share.

As well, price should be reasonable.

Thanks in advance.

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 11:33 PM
I know there is the YMCA in Eau Claire, and also on 6th Ave... have you tried one of those?

What does YMCA stand for anyways?:hijack:

Talies R
08-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
I know there is the YMCA in Eau Claire, and also on 6th Ave... have you tried one of those?

What does YMCA stand for anyways?:hijack:

Young Men’s Christian Association :eek:

hockeybronx
08-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Talies R

Young Men’s Christian Association :eek:

Thank you for your incredibly useful post:thumbsup:

SilentGiant
08-16-2005, 12:23 AM
The Eau Claire Downtown is very nice.

I used to be a member, but the cost was really expensive.

So I started to go to Talisman after they renovated..

Its really nice too...

just gotta go when its not too busy....

GucciBoy
08-16-2005, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by SilentGiant
The Eau Claire Downtown is very nice.

I used to be a member, but the cost was really expensive.

same here, until it went up to $1900/yr I think it was for health club memb.

Crasian
08-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Try the bankers hall club. Mostly older business people, so its clean as hell and its never that busy. Also they have a swimming pool and some spa services.

bigboom
08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Crasian
Try the bankers hall club. Mostly older business people, so its clean as hell and its never that busy. Also they have a swimming pool and some spa services.

im a member at BHC and the only drawback for a lot of people is the price. you are looking at $80 per month.

hockeybronx
08-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Crasian

I didn't even know there was a gym in Bankers Hall. Yeah I bet it would be a little pricey though:dunno:

CLiVE
08-16-2005, 01:28 PM
YWCA (Fitness on 5th).

rc2002
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Bankers hall is your best bet if you're looking for a pool. Otherwise try fountain club, fifth avenue club, etc.

I'm at BHC as well and it's just under $80/month. You get 10% off for the year if you prepay a whole year.

GSR Zero
08-16-2005, 01:33 PM
There's World Health's Bay Club on 7th Ave. I'm not sure how much it is though but its up there.

gkAeris
08-16-2005, 04:01 PM
BHC is a men's club right?

bigboom
08-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
BHC is a men's club right?

its men and women...bow valley is a seperate mens only and womens only club.

i think WHC is about $60-70 a month...there is also fountain park in gulf canada square and thats about $60 a month.

JeremyD
08-17-2005, 10:03 AM
WHC in the Bay was a nice clean club. I was there for a year and it cost me 70 a month. That was a 3 years ago tho. It is mostly suits that go there. One or two bodybuilders. They played a lot of pop music. The staff was moderately friendly but nothing spectacular. A very large selection of equipment - though the dumbbell area would get rather hot in the summer as it was in an atrium.

Fifth Avenue Club I was at for a year and a half or so. The staff was incredible. Beyond super friendly. I never used the personal trainers so I can't comment on them. It was a clean place as well. The music selection varied. No Brittney and no Metal either. The selection of equipment isn't as good as WHC, but decent enough. It wasn't super busy either.

CLiVE
08-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by JeremyD

Fifth Avenue Club I was at for a year and a half or so. The staff was incredible. Beyond super friendly. I never used the personal trainers so I can't comment on them.

The trainers are excellent. Great club, not busy, great facilities, friendly staff, decent membership prices. All depends which side of downtown you work on....

JeremyD
08-17-2005, 03:54 PM
^
Plus there is a chance you can discuss your views of Premier Klein's policies with him in the locker room. He has been a member there since the mid 90s.

I was lucky enough never to have run into him in the showers. :eek: