PDA

View Full Version : auto body

fivespeed
08-15-2005, 09:51 PM
K i don't know if anyone here will know to much about this but.heres the situation first of all im taking an autobody course in saskatchewan,and let say i plan to move after i am doen this course and become and apprentice but do that in another province,would the stuff i take in sask work in another province as a apprentice?

LOL i dont even know how to explain this sry if you dont understand.

since this is dealing with a career i think its ok to post this in here.

Tyler883
08-16-2005, 08:31 AM
I don't know the answer, but you might want to try your college couselors, or the alberta apprenticeship board, and ask them the same questions.

philipoo
08-16-2005, 09:52 AM
i am pretty sure you will write your experience on a resume?

Phuqu
08-16-2005, 11:30 AM
If you are still an apprentice you may apply the hours you have banked to the Alberta Program. You may have to challenge the first years test.

If you are licensed in Saskatchewan you must have your Interprovincial (Red-Seal) to work here.

fivespeed
08-16-2005, 02:01 PM
phugu yea you are right man,Well i have set up a meeting to ask about this stuff,and get some more info on it,Its not that sask is bad there actaully alot of work here for autobody in the winter slow donw a lil bit in the summer and spring though. just can't see myself living here for the rest of my life.

And even if i do get laid off in the summer,i have a back up plan my dad is a push in alberta working and ive already got my certificates to work with him plus my dads boss is an awsome guy.the reason im not working oil rigs for a career is because its not steady work ive seen the hard times my dads went through when roadban comes along and you don't work for 4 months. Plus my dad said if i go fulltime on oil rigs hes gonna kick my ass,even if id be making good money.lol

So yea i have a meeting next week and there gonna tell me some more about this stuff.

I emailed them last night and they said well if you plan on moving to lets say alberta when you finshed why dont you just take the program in alberta and do the apprentice there...Well yea would be nice but i dont know anyone there and prob wouldnt be able to afford to live there on a part time job at macdonalds or wherever.

Im not sure what the average yearly salary is for a starting apprentice in alberta but here it like only 30-40K.After i am done and become a journeyman i plan to open my own business maybe.

So thanks for the info guys.