PDA

View Full Version : Lumina Z34 Manual

1badPT
08-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey all, been a while since I last visited, good to see the place is just as active as when I last visited.

Hoping to get some help here for a friend of mine who has a 1992 Lumina Z34, he's having a bitch of a time getting it fixed due to obsolete parts, mechanics who aren't familiar with the car etc. Anyone know where he can get some help? His car has transmission problems - unfortunately up to now, that's all we have to go on because none of the mechanics we've went to seem to be able to isolate the problem.

Any suggestions on where we can go for information or mechanics who are familiar with this make and model?

QuasarCav
08-16-2005, 10:30 AM
You might try searching the Jbody forums. Some of those guys are into the 3.4 DOHC.

It's a bitch to work on, alternator replacement calls for 8hrs of labor.

finboy
08-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
You might try searching the Jbody forums. Some of those guys are into the 3.4 DOHC.

It's a bitch to work on, alternator replacement calls for 8hrs of labor.

werd, spark plug installs aren't fun either, my buddy had a monte z34 in highschool.

there is a lumina/montecarlo forum, but i can't remember the address, and most of them don't know shit about the car's they drive anyways, but he might have some luck there, it should turn up on google if you search for "z34 message board" or something like that

BubbaSTi
08-16-2005, 02:51 PM
I did the alternator pretty quickly. In about 1 hour I think.

But sparks plugs are gaaaaaaaaaaaay...