PDA

View Full Version : What console to get?

cavb0i
08-16-2005, 11:36 AM
i just moved into my own apartment and i was wonderin what would be the best gameing system to get bceause it gets boring from time to time. recommendations anyone? i was never into games n such so yah and i have about 400 to spend. also games are 60 dollars each for all the new ones that is really expensive any places that have them for cheaper? my friend told me china town but why i dunno

sabad66
08-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Xbox and get an XBOX live subscription with Halo 2 and you will not need anything else.

eblend
08-16-2005, 11:52 AM
get a dreamcast and burn a crap load of games and that will be cheap and entertaining

dips87
08-16-2005, 11:52 AM
depends on what kind of games you want to play...if you like racing types and adventures/one player or even sports then xbox is the way to go but the games i've been playing is GTA:san andreas for PS2. So when it comes out for xbox if its not out already go with xbox. Way better games out for it then PS2.

eblend
08-16-2005, 11:59 AM
it already is out for the xbox dips87

pr0
08-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Get your games from www.flipgames.net, we are a beyond sponsor and the games are practically at cost. $30 is the highest priced game and that is for the latest releases.

Spread the word because right now I am having sale issues since eBay and PayPal screwed me over. :(

Chester
08-16-2005, 12:31 PM
whoa cheap! I will definately spread the word.

trikypenguin
08-16-2005, 12:39 PM
ps2 hands down, u also get free online play unliek the xbox plus u can watch dvd's on the ps2 for free without having to go out adn buy a remote like the xbox in order to "unlock" the dvd feature.

sabad66
08-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by pr0
Get your games from www.flipgames.net, we are a beyond sponsor and the games are practically at cost. $30 is the highest priced game and that is for the latest releases.

Spread the word because right now I am having sale issues since eBay and PayPal screwed me over. :(
How did they screw you over?

ugotahondaeh?
08-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by pr0

Those are nice prices! Are these new or used? Either way, I'll be spreadin' the word. :thumbsup:

QuasarCav
08-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by pr0

At one per customer you are going to need 8,000 seperate transactions to break even, why no volume sales?

GucciBoy
08-16-2005, 01:28 PM
ya burnt games are the best lol, nothing worse than having to spend $70-80 on one, only to get sick of it within a week. renting games suck because too many trips back to the store.

pr0
08-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by sabad66

How did they screw you over?

I had an eBay account, sold 3000 games, buyers paid with PayPal, I sent out the games, when I try to withdraw the money they limited my account. I faxed them the info they wanted, then they said they cannot reinstate my account because my last name matches up with another account that has a negative balance...

Originally posted by ugotahondaeh?

Those are nice prices! Are these new or used? Either way, I'll be spreadin' the word. :thumbsup:

Brand new. :D

Originally posted by QuasarCav

At one per customer you are going to need 8,000 seperate transactions to break even, why no volume sales?

I don't have a business license for distribution. I have a home business license which allows me to sell individual goods.

sputnik
08-16-2005, 01:43 PM
How are you able to get the games so cheaply? Might want to talk to Beyond about getting setup as a sponsor if you plan on continuing your business here.

pr0
08-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
How are you able to get the games so cheaply? Might want to talk to Beyond about getting setup as a sponsor if you plan on continuing your business here.

Mass ordering. I actually have to sell a lot of these games. If I somehow fail, I can always lower the price just to break even but I wouldn't be able to continue doing that since I wouldn't be making any profits... haha.

I am a sponsor. :thumbsup:

Also QuasarCav, I will eventually expand and sell multiple but I need some start up cash. An actual business distribution license isn't cheap.

slick2404
08-16-2005, 02:00 PM
do you do pickups, rather than shipping...or are they from out of province?

pr0
08-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by slick2404
do you do pickups, rather than shipping...or are they from out of province?

I don't have a place for pickup let alone a place to ship these so everything is done over the internet. Shipped. At least for now, if everything goes well I will most definitely open up a place. Its hard starting a business with no help at all... but whatever, you have to start somewhere.

cavb0i
08-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ugotahondaeh?

:werd: you can be my game guy do u sell consoles to or just games?

d.maczko
08-16-2005, 02:17 PM
wait for the xbox360 :dunno:

Impreza
08-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pr0

I don't have a place for pickup let alone a place to ship these so everything is done over the internet. Shipped. At least for now, if everything goes well I will most definitely open up a place. Its hard starting a business with no help at all... but whatever, you have to start somewhere.

Where do you ship from? On the website it says Ohio. Is it shipped from Canada or Ohio? I don't want to incur any brokerage fees...lol

pr0
08-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Impreza

Where do you ship from? On the website it says Ohio. Is it shipped from Canada or Ohio? I don't want to incur any brokerage fees...lol

It comes from the states but I'm not quite sure if there is duty. I have my shipment coming in today so I'll post if are any fees. I'll adjust the prices accordingly if there is any at all. :D

sputnik
08-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Why is there a limit of one game per customer? Seems like a rather dumb policy.

QuasarCav
08-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Pr0-----I don't have a business license for distribution. I have a home business license which allows me to sell individual goods.

cavb0i
08-16-2005, 03:08 PM
PRO said this:

I don't have a business license for distribution. I have a home business license which allows me to sell individual goods.

Xtrema
08-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Should they be duty free under NAFTA? At worst, you'll probably get hit with brokage and GST.

Interesting business model. I guess it doesn't apply to all games or you would have more on the list.

And if you're successfully sold 8000 copies of each title (BTW, that's probably the same number EBgames sold for the whole city of Calgary), won't EBGames or Walmart who weren't allow to sell this way raise a stink with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo? Sounds like someone is exploiting a legal loophole.

pr0
08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Should they be duty free under NAFTA? At worst, you'll probably get hit with brokage and GST.

Interesting business model. I guess it doesn't apply to all games or you would have more on the list.

And if you're successfully sold 8000 copies of each title (BTW, that's probably the same number EBgames sold for the whole city of Calgary), won't EBGames or Walmart who weren't allow to sell this way raise a stink with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo? Sounds like someone is exploiting a legal loophole.

That is a good point. If I do end up having legal issues I would just have to quit... I really can't handle some major corporation on my butt as I am limited with funds as it is. haha

By the way though, my first batch of games arrived today, the customs was quiet heafty, 10 bucks a game, so I will be adjusting the prices tonight. All games will be $30 or less shipped including taxes/gst/duty/etc. Resulting me with a 3-5 dollar profit per game which is still decent. :D

Despair*
08-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by pr0

Awesome prices for your goods ;) . I was also just wondering why some of your games on your site are only available to the US?

Gooseberry
08-17-2005, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Despair*

Awesome prices for your goods ;) . I was also just wondering why some of your games on your site are only available to the US?

Just what i was going to ask. Not just some... alot of them are.

Do you have them in calgary?