PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Evo to canada

talonboi
08-16-2005, 11:41 AM
K my friend is currently in the US working for his dad...so he's gonna buy the evo down there, and it will be insured under his dads name but the border wont even let him drive it back to canada. but i;ve seen evos from california. hes called the border and told him they wont let him through with that vehicle..is this true?

hes gonna come here for 6months then back down to the states..

d-UNiT
08-16-2005, 11:42 AM
if your moving to a country for a certain ammount of time you have to change your registration and insurance it cant be insured in cali as you are only insured in that state/province i think

talonboi
08-16-2005, 11:44 AM
so he cant even come up here with the car to visit?

benyl
08-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Where does he live?

SwitchBlade
08-16-2005, 11:51 AM
I swear I saw a silver one in Crowfoot on Saturday. It had the front mount intercooler rear spoiler and evo badges. If not it looks like a very convincing Evo 8. Anyone else seen it?

googe
08-16-2005, 11:52 AM
way too many evo importing threads :banghead:

talonboi
08-16-2005, 12:12 PM
well hes doesnt want to register it in canada, he just wants to bring it up here to goto skool, then when the semester is done, back down he goes..

he lives in calgary, but the car will be reistered and insured under his dads name.his dad lives in the states

sputnik
08-16-2005, 12:16 PM
FOR THE LAST TIME!

No, you CANNOT import and EVO to Canada.

Yes, there were a FEW EVOs imported legally as Lancers prior to the model being placed on the RIV ineligible-for-import list.

sputnik
08-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by talonboi
well hes doesnt want to register it in canada, he just wants to bring it up here to goto skool, then when the semester is done, back down he goes..

he lives in calgary, but the car will be reistered and insured under his dads name.his dad lives in the states

That would be fine. Given that he stays a student and has proof that his permanent residence is in the US.

-KiTtY- boo
08-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
FOR THE LAST TIME!

No, you CANNOT import and EVO to Canada.

Yes, there were a FEW EVOs imported legally as Lancers prior to the model being placed on the RIV ineligible-for-import list.

if u read carefully hes not saying he wants to IMPORT it to canada.. or INSURE it in canada... hes just wants to DRIVE it in canada for the 6 months that hes gonna be here for... its goin to be insured and registerd in the states under his dad who is a resident of the states!!!!!!

benyl
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
If he lives in Canada, he cannot bring it across the boarder... simple as that.

If he was an american, with
proof that his permanent residence is in the US.

then he could bring it.

Bones21
08-16-2005, 01:40 PM
This thread needs to be :closed:

schurchill39
08-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Why does it need to be closed? there is no problem here just a few people not reading it right.

Just tell your friend (like sputnik said) If he has proof of residence in the states to show the customs guys. I dont see how it would be a problem.

BubbaSTi
08-16-2005, 02:09 PM
But if he comes to Canada to go to school for 6 months, he will have his residency in Canada, not the US.

Now if that is the case then he may not be able to bring it up. Maybe it is because he is the primary driver.

talonboi
08-16-2005, 02:41 PM
well his dad is going to be the primary driver, but with the hassel and laws involved, he has decided not to get the EVO maybe sume other time

:closed:

Team_Mclaren
09-19-2005, 06:46 PM

That would be fine. Given that he stays a student and has proof that his permanent residence is in the US.

So is it possible to "bring" a R34 into Canada if a person has proof of permanet residence in the US, and the ar is register and insuranced in the US?

btw: how did that R34 in the beyond booth during SCN cross the boarder?

finboy
09-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

So is it possible to "bring" a R34 into Canada if a person has proof of permanet residence in the US, and the ar is register and insuranced in the US?

btw: how did that R34 in the beyond booth during SCN came across the boarder?

the guy who owned the r34 lived in seattle i beleive

Team_Mclaren
09-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by finboy

the guy who owned the r34 lived in seattle i beleive

ya that's what im saying, if someone's has a permanet address in the US, the car is registered and insured in the US, He can cross the boarder without problem right? and he wont be in shit unless someone finds out that the car has stayed in canada for longer than 40 days or w/e the regulation is

streetarab
09-19-2005, 07:19 PM
well, i just went across the border into ontario, if the guy that you pull up to at the border is totally fuckin clueless about cars, how is he supposed to know there not allowed in canada? i handed the dude my id, he asked me how long i was stayin there and i was on my way

the next problem comes when you get pulled over...

btw, i saw a silver one today, mmmmm, nice wide fenders, wide rims, IC, :drool: :drool: