PDA

View Full Version : car bra help

xtreme prelude
08-16-2005, 12:23 PM
i just had my prelude repainted, this is a daily driver and will see winter, do you guys recomend using a car bra in the winter to protect the front or will it damage the paint by rubbing and collecting moisture. what are your recomendations.

GSR Zero
08-16-2005, 01:24 PM
I'd recommed not using a Car bra at all. I've heard it actually can promote rust by holding moisture against the paint. Also most bras are black and retain heat.

Go with the 3M clear tape for the front.

calgarygts
08-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I agree, use the 3M clear bra. Make sure the car is spotless and I would do a polish before getting it applied (wait two months after painting to do this).

dmtx
08-16-2005, 03:23 PM
I used to worry about paint chips... I installed clear bra and never had to worry about it again. I mean on areas where you have coverage. I covered my bumper, fenders, and 23" of the hood.... mostly beaten part of my car. Now I don't have to worry about that. The clear bra takes most of the beating...

And yes, wait for a while before installing bra if you just repainted your car.

xtreme prelude
08-16-2005, 04:16 PM
thanks guys.

where can i get this 3m installed and what is the approximate price i will be looking at if you know?

dmtx
08-16-2005, 04:27 PM
I suggest to check shadowtinting.

To get some idea you can check http://shadowtinting.com/PartQuery for their kits.

I would call them because when I was shopping around, their internet price is higher than what they quoted me over the phone. I went with Trimline because they are just near my place... and a bit cheaper too.... but I don't recommend trimline... they cut their films on your car and cuts the paint too.... Most guys suggest shadow tinting because their films are precut before going to your car.