PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know the law about loud music in your car?

brabus190e
01-31-2003, 11:26 PM
Hey does anybody know the law for loud music in your car??....isn't it that your not allowed to have loud music past 10:00pm

Silencer
02-01-2003, 12:07 AM
Check the City of Calgary site under city bylaws.

theken
02-01-2003, 12:44 AM
i got a ticket for having my stereo too loud at 3:00 in the afternoon, based on cops judgement, also he was a dick, and it was classified under stunting, basically if you can hear it outside the vehicle u could be ticketed :thumbsdow

CVPP
02-01-2003, 01:15 AM
I know in one of the suburbs where I live if you have it above a certain decibal (where it annoys the cops) they can ticket you..200 bucks!

RickDaTuner
02-01-2003, 01:26 AM
90 bd max ive gotton pulled over for that once before

4wheeldrift
02-01-2003, 09:10 AM
Just turn it down. Hearing damage is forever.

Hakkola
02-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

I thought it was "diamonds are forever." Remind me to tell my misinformed gf :rofl:

I've wondered about this for quite awhile too, I usually have my music pretty loud except in residential area's or when driving conditions aren't good. Is it really stunting though? I don't think any cop would give that kind of ticket for loud music.

4wheeldrift
02-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I thought it was "diamonds are forever." Remind me to tell my misinformed gf :rofl:
Hearing damage is a heck of a lot more cheaply obtained than diamonds, too :D

drox
02-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by theken
i got a ticket for having my stereo too loud at 3:00 in the afternoon, based on cops judgement, also he was a dick, and it was classified under stunting, basically if you can hear it outside the vehicle u could be ticketed :thumbsdow Id be taking that one to court. The cop doesnt have any way shape or form to accurately measure how loud your stereo was. Just because *he* thought it was too loud doesnt necessarily mean it was. It would take 30 seconds of talking to the proc to get that shit dismissed. If he thinks 90db is loud, send him over to my house to hear my car run.

RickDaTuner
02-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by drox
Id be taking that one to court. The cop doesnt have any way shape or form to accurately measure how loud your stereo was. Just because *he* thought it was too loud doesnt necessarily mean it was. It would take 30 seconds of talking to the proc to get that shit dismissed. If he thinks 90db is loud, send him over to my house to hear my car run. ugh when i was pulled oever for my stereo being to loud the "police officer" had a DB meter in his hand asked me to turn up my stereo, im not sure if its standard equipment or he just hapened to have it

Glowrider
02-02-2003, 01:09 AM
Roll up your windows...if it's too loud for you to take, it's too loud.

drox
02-02-2003, 01:10 AM
Well, then you can always say "i didnt have it that loud as when he asked me to turn up my stereo" ;)

brabus190e
02-02-2003, 02:14 AM
they can't make you turn it up can they??

CLiVE
02-02-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

:werd: learned that the hard way back when I was 18, and had 4 12" subs in the trunk of my celica. Finally figured out why I had all those headaches also....lol

95acc
02-02-2003, 10:48 AM
I am pretty sure they can give you a ticket becase they consider it a distraction, and you can not hear emergency vehicles. Undo care and attention i think. You really should not listen to your system that loud anywhere a cop can pull you over, it is a major heat score and thiefs do pay attention to the loud cas and some will follow you if they are really interested. Keep it to the main roads, deerfoot, glenmore, ect when you do not have to stop alot and you will be fine.

theken
02-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Is it really stunting though? yes :thumbsup:

Id be taking that one to court. The cop doesnt have any way shape or form to accurately measure how loud your stereo was. Just because *he* thought it was too loud doesnt necessarily mean it was. It would take 30 seconds of talking to the proc to get that shit dismissed. If he thinks 90db is loud, send him over to my house to hear my car run. i went to court and he never showed up :D it was a joke because i didn't have it loud, i guess he just didn't like me :dunno: but he was a prick.

SilverRex
02-02-2003, 02:03 PM
there will have to crack down the whistle tip woo woo before they touch me oO

NEO
02-02-2003, 02:30 PM
I got stopped at a check stop about 1:00am and the cop said he could hear me comming for 3 blocks, he was nice about it, he just let me go with a warning. If your nice to them they will be nice in return.

drox
02-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Driving around w/ ur music that loud at 1am is fucking rude and ignorant. You would deserve a ticket for that. However the day time is a completely different story.

lammer
02-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Driving around w/ ur music that loud at 1am is fucking rude and ignorant. You would deserve a ticket for that. However the day time is a completely different story.

i sleep inthe day time..:thumbsdow

haha j/k.

m@+CH
02-03-2003, 02:08 AM
4 your house yeah
not for u're car!!!
no rules