PDA

View Full Version : Arriva condos

Auditor
08-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Does anyone on here know anything about this project (time frame) or have any thoughts about it, was thinking of buying a unit in it at some point but still undecided.

Thaco
08-16-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.arrivacondos.com

B20EF
08-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Holy shit those are nice, do you know what the cheapest unit goes for?

Proyecto2000
08-16-2005, 06:34 PM
I was looking at their site last week, but I didnt want to call them and get a password so if any one does, post a price on their cheapest unit :thumbsup:

Thaco
08-16-2005, 06:52 PM
there was a guy selling a rebuy thing like 5 months back and said his unit cost like almost $400k

his explination was seventeenth floor unit 5 on Arriva site. 2 beds 1162 sqft. Floor to ceiling glass very trendy.

Nalgene
08-16-2005, 07:16 PM
no nothing under 200k im assuming? :P

sputnik
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
according to the Calgary Herald article on their website... they will be selling for $200-400k

danno
08-16-2005, 07:36 PM
i can tell you what the units i work in go for, if interested.
i work at the princeton on 1st ave right by eau claire. there are three buildings and the tower which is 20 stories, the most expensive is 17-20 floors as they are 3000sqft. they go for 3million for the floor space, then you have to add all your extras. i'll check what the cheapest is i'm guessing around 500k for 1200sqft. let you know tommorow

t-im
08-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by danno
i can tell you what the units i work in go for, if interested.
i work at the princeton on 1st ave right by eau claire. there are three buildings and the tower which is 20 stories, the most expensive is 17-20 floors as they are 3000sqft. they go for 3million for the floor space, then you have to add all your extras. i'll check what the cheapest is i'm guessing around 500k for 1200sqft. let you know tommorow

Ya, I know someone who lives in the first Princeton building, and I another friend bought one in the new Grand building awhile ago.

Floors 17-19 are 4500-6000 sq ft btw, not just 3000sq ft, and are full floor suites.

The 3000sq ft units (floors 13-16) in the Grand aren't 3m, they're more like low-high 1's

All the 1200 sq ft, cheapest units are sold out in the Waterside and Grand, but i'm not sure about the Cityview.

danno
08-16-2005, 08:40 PM
ok well i guess you know more since you know someone that lives there.:confused:

i'm sure i could be off on the size but the 3 million is what i was told from the boss at work, that was for the 17th floor. i was working on the 18th floor today, it didn't seem like it was that big. i'll check tommorow.
:hijack: sorry

danno
08-16-2005, 08:44 PM
yeah i just looked, my bad 6000sq ft for 17 floor.
oops but:whocares:

t-im
08-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by danno
ok well i guess you know more since you know someone that lives there.:confused:

i'm sure i could be off on the size but the 3 million is what i was told from the boss at work, that was for the 17th floor. i was working on the 18th floor today, it didn't seem like it was that big. i'll check tommorow.
:hijack: sorry

oh haah no, my parents and I went to the sales centre to check things out, and see if they liked anything.

17th floor is the biggest, then 18th, then 19th.

max_boost
08-17-2005, 12:21 AM
Wow very trendy! I'm having such a tough time finding something I like innercity for a reasonable price (no such thing, everything is expensive) I might just buy a nice condo instead.

boi-alien
08-17-2005, 12:25 AM
nice place, but i don't like the location... :thumbsdow

lastprodigy
08-17-2005, 12:38 AM
bad location....as soon as you leave the building it feels cheap with all the dirrty ass houses around there.....i wish it was 10-15 blocks west :D

Xtrema
08-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Isn't this by Stampede in the crack whore district?

mo_virgin
08-17-2005, 02:18 AM
yeah... you guys know ALPHA house? shit thats a pretty dirty place. Just a block away LOL. Eauclaire/West Downtown condo's rule... don't settle for anything else.

Auditor
08-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Anyone know of any condos coming to market in downtown Calgary in the next little while

?????
08-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Theres so many condos in development right now downtown. But if your talking about condos coming to market you'd probably have to talk to some real estate guys. Otherwise http://condolivingmag.com/index_1.asp has most of the new condos listed.

Fivewayradio
08-17-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm no speculator but there's A LOT of condos coming available in the core in the next couple years. There's got to be like a couple thousand units under construction right now, or in the development stage. I'm suspicious that those high condo prices aren't going to be sustainable for very long.

And Vic park is a total shithole. It's always an adventure because there's inevitably six crackheads passed out on your block, puking in the alley, fucking on the lawn, selling crack on the corner. I know they're developing it, but I'm willing to bet that it's at least ten years before the area's gentrified enough to actually feel like a 'nice' neighborhood.

And if you buy in Arriva remember to buy a unit on the street sides. They're planning to build more buildings so where you formerly had a nice view, in a couple years you'll be 20 feet away from your neighbor's living room.

robpark
08-17-2005, 11:19 PM
If I was going to buy an Arriva COndo, I would wait until towers 3 and 4 get built, so my view isn't blocked by another tower from the same development, if that makes sense.....

Auditor
08-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, it seems as though Calgary has more than enough downtown condos going up. I wanted to buy for more of an investment and possible future home but might as well wait as there are lots of units on the market or coming to market.

HRD2PLZ
08-18-2005, 09:04 AM
One of the ones I am interested in is The Montana, which is supposed to be the sister building to The Emerald Stone. I sold quite a few units in Emerald Stone and was pretty impressed with the quality throughout the building. Definitely a far cry from some other units I have sold in the past. Not to mention, the location will be great.
In the next couple years we should see a ton of new high-rise condominium developments, just look around now, they are popping up all over the downtown area.

Xtrema
08-18-2005, 10:11 AM
^my question is, are all these condo developments based on population research?

Is there really that much people willing to live urban lifestyle in Calgary? It almost seems like there are 3-4 units available to every single buyer.

ZorroAMG
08-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I bought in Arriva's first phase back in December and the prices have risen SUBSTANTIALLY since then. It's a great project with good construction and finishing. The area is definitely in need of improvement, but that's how you make money....having the vision to see something before it's there for the masses to say ooooh now it's nice. By that time, the masses will pay 2 times as much for it.

Real estatowned.

TDA
08-18-2005, 03:40 PM
I was seriously considering buying it.. heck, I had a unit reserved and deposited. I ended up backing out for various reasons... I want to live in it... so that "crackwhore" image of present day vic park figured in..wouldnt care so much if it was an investment only. plus its quite expensive ... minimum price was more like 240K for the basic bottom level 1bdrm and that was a few months ago.

Originally the plan was for a 4 tower development.. that's changed to 3 + garden.

Oh yes, they switched around plans during my recission period, which didnt give me a very good feeling. Instead of the garden, the new plan is to have a lowrise office building there. Except that I picked my unit with the park/gardenview in mind. It's not too high up.. but it would have been okay with the garden there. Now its an friggin office building. If I had already signed and locked in, I would be PISSED. :banghead:

Also it's Torode Residental's first Residential development, their experitise is commercial..

I decided to buy somewhere else, upscale too, but more contemporary. Arriva tried to keep me, which included offering me a pretty hefty discount/incentive package. Ultimately it wasnt enough to keep me.

Completion of first tower is like Dec 2006 or something.

Khalil
08-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by ?????
Theres so many condos in development right now downtown. But if your talking about condos coming to market you'd probably have to talk to some real estate guys. Otherwise http://condolivingmag.com/index_1.asp has most of the new condos listed.

Definately more to come ;)

Be on the look out for one if not end of this year, spring of next year..'The Slopes of ______"

3 Buildings build in a terrace formation, each one higher up in elevation over the other, all overlooking downtown. Interior appointment similar to that of Arriva condos - except think a step up in contemporary style.

:thumbsup: