PDA

View Full Version : HELP- wheels stolen!

racerocco
08-17-2005, 08:43 AM
So I got up this morning, and some little theaving bastards stole my wheels and left my poor Jetta on cinderblocks...so if any of you car nuts come across someone with a newly aquired set of 15" Hockenhiem R rims, 4-100, 35mm offset, with 195/50/15 Aurora tires please let me know:banghead: :banghead:

-KiTtY- boo
08-17-2005, 08:47 AM
ouch shitty.... no alarm system?/?:dunno:

racerocco
08-17-2005, 09:31 AM
nope, and it was sitting in my driveway, under a street lamp, on a bus route.

rc2002
08-17-2005, 11:20 AM
What?!? They did this in your driveway? You didn't have any locking lugs?

Who the hell would steal those rims anyway? :guns:

-KiTtY- boo
08-17-2005, 11:44 AM
harsh u need an alarm system man.... now a days u need one no matter car u have

AllGoNoShow
08-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Post Pictures..

Khyron
08-17-2005, 12:48 PM
No wheel locks?

Khyron

duffspec
08-17-2005, 12:58 PM
That's ass! You need to post pics.

racerocco
08-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Here is a link to the older tsw rims
http://www.tsw.com/new/productline_classic.php

it is the hockenheim r, about half way down the page

i've tried all kinds of wheel locks, and there's nothing out there a skillfully used gatorgrip can't remove....

Khyron
08-17-2005, 02:27 PM
I use these:

http://www.concept1.ca/Black%20Tops.htm

Gator won't work on em.

Looked at the pic of your wheels, nice BBS looking - can see why they were taken at least. Watch Ebay/buysell.com :(

Khyron

racerocco
08-18-2005, 12:02 AM
used to have euro locks, but one good smack with a hammer and chisel and the nylon inside breaks apart.... they look pretty but don't work to well

Supa Dexta
08-18-2005, 04:36 PM
what do ppl think of this type of lock?

here (http://www.mcgard.com/automotive/wheellock_glow.gif)

good luck getting yours back..

I also thought of putting silicone inside the tuner lugs, that way they can't get the wrench in them, either can you, but when the time comes to take them off, you put in a little extra work getting the silicone out, it'll slow them down some..

:)

Thaco
08-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

dooman24
08-18-2005, 04:59 PM
that sucks man!! right on your driveway.. that blows!! sucks ass and cant even drive the car to get new rims...
that sucks!!

CalgarySupra
08-19-2005, 12:09 AM
blah. sorry to this, i had FACTORY toyota supra rims stolen this week too with firestone tires on them. good thing they were not on a car. who the hell steals factory rims?????????

SilverBoost
08-19-2005, 07:15 AM
I had a friend who's alarm was set to page him, but had no audible sound at the car....I have this option as well, I don't know if they all do?? Anyway, he came out to find this guy bent over loosening the lugs on one wheel.... well let's just say that this guy was set up perfect to receive a kick to mid section good for about 70 yards. And that's what he got.

He held him with a knee in his neck then till the cops came.

Sorry to hear about your loss man, I wish more people would get the opportunity to catch these guys in the act. IMO they deserve WHATEVER they get.

I park mine in a garage anyhow and set the alarm on top of that, but sometimes when at a mall or something I'll set it on silent just so I can get time to come out after them before they even realize the alarm is going off.

:guns:

dooman24
08-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
I had a friend who's alarm was set to page him, but had no audible sound at the car....I have this option as well, I don't know if they all do?? Anyway, he came out to find this guy bent over loosening the lugs on one wheel.... well let's just say that this guy was set up perfect to receive a kick to mid section good for about 70 yards. And that's what he got.

mine's a 2 way pager.. too bad i'm was in a deep sleep when they broke in my car..