PDA

View Full Version : tweeters

Impreza
02-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Hi, i am looking to buy some tweeter for my car, i was just wondering how i go about mouting these and how do i connect it to my system? I have a 98 civic hb..
thanks,
i am looking at something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3004944525&category=3292

D'z Nutz
02-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Wire the connections that would've normally gone to the speakers to the crossover's input. There should be 2 outputs, a higher range output, and a lower one. Higher range goes to the tweeters, and the lower ones go to your midrange/midbass (the ones that go in your kickers/door panel).

As far as mounting them, that's gonna involve cutting your door panels or where ever you're going to put them. A suggestion is to tape them in various places in your car where you might mount them and listen to them and try to figure out where's the best position. Like actually sit in the driver's seat and aim them towards you. If it doesn't sound good, move it and repeat until you've found a good place for them.

That.Guy.S30
02-01-2003, 07:41 PM
jon.. mount them where ur pillar is.. like every other car.. i think they sound awsome there.. my sister had tweets in the door panel and it sucked ass.. anywyas.. dotn go buyin jl.. go buy infinity's.. ahha jokin... either way its a great set up..
p.s. go buy infinity's.. hah

Impreza
02-01-2003, 11:38 PM
haha...thx binh!
so.....what infinity's do u recommend? how much?

That.Guy.S30
02-01-2003, 11:48 PM
go to future shop.. (since they are the only store that sells infinity) they are like 3/4 inch and are aroudn 70-80 bucks.. i think they are either the infinity kappa or the infinity refernce?.
Jl audio is also a very good choice too man..
i bought an infinity system and damn i love it.. the sub is so clean..
jon do u need a sub? or an amp?

Impreza
02-01-2003, 11:54 PM
i am good for everything else! thx!

CanadaCivicSIR
02-01-2003, 11:59 PM
You can buy from Honda or a junkyard the mounts that fit on a Civic SI, so you can mount the tweet on the top of the door, without having to drill into your car.

That.Guy.S30
02-02-2003, 12:02 AM
yea jon.. the newer civic coupes and shit have tweeter pillars.. just go replace it.. great idea sir