PDA

View Full Version : Remote starter problems.

creeper
08-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I just did a quick search for remote starter related keywords on Beyond.ca and came up with nothing - so here goes:

I have a remote starter purchased & installed from Visions (yeah, I know) and it worked fine for a few months.

But now, when you press it - I can hear some shit clicking and then nothing happens, so it appears to have stopped working. The batteries have been replaced, and the problem continues.

Since the remote has stopped functioning, my car has been having some issues starting when I use the key. The engine will turn over, and kind of sputter a bit - and then shut off.

This happens on occasion. For example if I were to go and drive for about 10 - 15 minutes - then stop, turn the car off and try to restart it, chances are it would not start properly, but instead do what I described - sputter a bit, and die.

I unfortunately have not had the time to take the car into either Visions, or an auto-mechanic.

So I am curious - has anyone had any experience with this issue in the past? I have heard alot of people talking about how they had to have their car starter removed because it isn't functioning properly.

The spark plugs all look good, and I don't think it is bad gas, as I generally fill-up at the same location, and have never had an issue (with their gasoline).

If you have any information or insight, I would be happy to listen.

The vehicle in question is a 1992 Honda Accord EX-R with over 160,000 kilometers on it.

Cheers.

Velox
08-17-2005, 11:22 PM
sounds like maybe some of the wiring came loose or maybe something wrong with the brain unit, remote seems fine if you hear clicking from the box i would take it back to visions as it should still be covered and if its a wiring problem they would have a better idea of what wires they tapped and where the taps are. hope this helps

creeper
09-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Just an update - had the car fixed at Honda, the problem was the "Main Fuel Relay" which by the looks of it, is some kind of giant fuse thing, that controls the fuel pump.

Anyways, $273 later - all is well, car runs fine and the remote starter is now working.

Swell!

:D