PDA

View Full Version : Business Law

Mr_John
08-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know if ADMN 1230 aka Business Law is a tough course?
I heard its really tough but I also heard its easy.
Any input on this course?

It's at MRC and the prof. is Don Fetherston
Any input is appreciated.

Khalil
08-18-2005, 09:46 PM
e a s y!

You get a work book, that has EXACTLY the same stuff as you go through in class. That, combined with the text book make the class extremely easy. Keep up with the readings, and you'll have no problem at all.

idriveabox
08-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Don is the best prof ever!
easy class. Pay attention, ask questions, get an A.

Chandler_Racing
08-19-2005, 12:00 AM
The class is a GPA booster if you put any effort into it. You get a full cheat sheet front and back. If you can though, get Susan Mcmanus, very nice teacher and she makes the content somewhat interesting.

idriveabox
08-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing
The class is a GPA booster if you put any effort into it. You get a full cheat sheet front and back. If you can though, get Susan Mcmanus, very nice teacher and she makes the content somewhat interesting.

haha gotta disagree man, Don will make the content FUNNY.
Susan is our program coordinator....YAWN.

BebeAphrodite
08-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Just reading some of the comments, is this class the same as the old SGMA 395?

Hmm.. I took SGMA 395, the business law class, at U of C and it was actually really hard. I remember the highest mark on one midterm was 79% and the average mark in my class was around ~60% but the teacher was fantastic and funny. The fact that we had cheat sheets made the final all the more difficult because the questions were so specific.

in*10*se
08-19-2005, 02:24 AM
bsen395 as it is now termed (sgma395)

is stupid hard. highest mark on the final i heard was a 78... and that was an A... like damn that's fucking hard, most A's in haskayne are like 90+

meh...:whocares:

Mr_John
08-19-2005, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by idriveabox

haha gotta disagree man, Don will make the content FUNNY.
Susan is our program coordinator....YAWN.

Yeah apparently Don is hillarious and is a wicked prof.
I specifically tried to get him and he fit into my schedule PERFECTLY. I'm looking forward to his class if he's as funny as everyone says he is.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Mckenzie
08-19-2005, 07:17 AM
haha and you wonder why the people coming from MRC see their 4.0 GPA cut in half once they transfer to UofC. SGMA 395/BSEN 395 is a super tough class at UofC. I slaughtered the midterm two years ago with a 98% when the class average was like 54%. The final was even tougher and the highest mark was in the 70s. Ever since then, everyone I know has had a super tough time with that class as there is so much material to learn and cover. Very interesting though...

random
08-21-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm sort of scared now haha. I'm taking Business Law (BSEN 395) at the U of C this fall. Can't remember which lec I got into... one was tought by Malach though and the others don't have a prof listed so I don't know. I was looking forward to it... is it really that hard though? Any advice?

Gainsbarre
08-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by random
I'm sort of scared now haha. I'm taking Business Law (BSEN 395) at the U of C this fall. Can't remember which lec I got into... one was tought by Malach though and the others don't have a prof listed so I don't know. I was looking forward to it... is it really that hard though? Any advice?

Cram as much on the sheet that you're allowed to bring in for the midterm and final. Didn't help me much on the midterm (got 76% on it), but it saved me on the final when I came roaring back with a 97% to get an A overall in the course. I think the averages for both exams were in the low to mid sixties...this was back when I took 395 in Summer 2004.

If you're really desperate, I can send you a copy of my combined lecture/textbook notes (I've been typing out all of my lecture/textbook notes in MS Word since May 2004).

Godfuader
08-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing

Susan is a crack head. U give her an alternative answer to her question and she goes off on tangents involving dogs and aliens. Me and a buddy didnt do too well on the first midterm. talked to her that this is an intro course...we got 20 bonus marks. This teacher is odd.

eeseen racing
08-24-2005, 07:15 PM
breeze man came out with an A honestly pay attention and go to every class in this course HUGE GPA booster

colinderksen
08-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Its hard if you get the old lady teaching it at mt royal. I forget her name but it was like pulling teeth, that and she speaks in monotone.