PDA

View Full Version : Halifax?

Phy
08-18-2005, 12:17 PM
So I've got a trip booked out to Halifax in October. Four full days there. I already plan on seeing the Keith's plant, the maritime museum, and some of the coastal vilages. Plus apparently the Cabot Trail is not to be missed, but would that take more than a long day's driving?

What else could I check out out there? Any pubs that I shouldn't miss?

urbannomad
08-18-2005, 02:36 PM
if your're gonna go to the cabot trail. it'll take like 8 hrs from hlfx. so i suggest you go out there first so that you'll have like two full days on the trail. it is great! if you ever get the chance, find a mountain called fernie and climb it. the most beautiful view in Nova Scotia. I live there for three years, and almost everyweekend me and a bunch of friends went on the trail. It is the best thing to do in NS. the Keiths plant was great.;)
I'm not sure about the pubs in hlfx. but if you stop in sydney dont miss out on every pub on George St. the main downtown strip of road. you might also be interested in the abandoned mines. you get a tour to go down the mine shafts, dont know if you can still do that. But basically Nova Scotia is a laid back place. you just gotta find your own piece of heaven there.

Have a good trip andi hope i help.:thumbsup:

redblack
08-18-2005, 11:47 PM
How about Peggy's Cove.........coast to the Atlantic beautiful place I thinks it's like 1 1/2 hrs to 2 drive from Halifax.

Digital_7
08-19-2005, 05:28 AM
if your going to Halifax.. Head out to the "Dome" it's one of the bigger Clubs... If your lookin' for just Pub's you can check out the Keith's Pub right next to the plant....

lostincleavage
08-25-2005, 09:14 PM
While you are there, check out the donairs. Way better than anything you get here in Calgary.

EDIT: Theres an amphibious bus tour that takes you downtown, then it floats out in the halifax harbour.

lostincleavage
08-25-2005, 09:18 PM
The Cave ( cool restaurant in Halifax) , it a bunch of small rooms, table in each room, low ceiling cause its in the basement of the building. I garantee that you will get lost trying to leave the restaurant......food is awesome too.

If that maritime museum is the one in Lunenburg, saw it, its awesome!

Phy
09-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Update: Alexander Keith's 210-year party is on the 5th.

Wonder if I'm gonna even get in for a tour! :D