PDA

View Full Version : Car options for me!

izzoblitzo
08-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm thinking about trading my car in for something a little more pristine. ;)

I've never sold a car/traded a car before, but Im guessing private sales are usually ALOT better than trading your car at the dealer.

I mean, my car is a fun little car and all, but in the end, I just dont have the heart to drive it in the winter! (it's a freaking 2000 model year, and I've only got 27k on it! It never sees the winter.. doesnt have any rust or dents or anything like that on it.. I wash and wax it three times a week during the summer! I baby the thing like crazy.. even smells like new inside. hahaha. Anybody got any recomendations on what I should do?

Like, if the resale value is just too low, I might as well just keep it and use it as a summer vehicle, and buy something somewhat middle of the road.. and only mod it a little bit like wheels and a little tuck. Or if I trade it in altogether, I could get something a little nicer, and still get wheels and a little tuck.

Right now, I really dont have any idea what I'd be looking for.. but probably something mid-range and something still practical enough so I could drive it in the winter time... maybe a jetta? mazda 6? corolla? bmw 325? imprezza? acura tsx?

I really dont know! but at the end of the day, I'd just like to know I'd have no regrets driving in the winter, whether I buy another eco car and dont put a body kit on so I can drive it in the winter (and not be completely stock... ) or trade in altogether and have something year round.

What's the consensus from everybody that has a winter car and a summer car? or just one general car?

I need advice!:D

benyl
08-18-2005, 09:14 PM
cars are meant to be driven. 'nuff said.

izzoblitzo
08-18-2005, 09:17 PM
I know I know.. right now, it's just a really expensive art exhibit in my garage during the winter. hahaha.

It's always been good to me.. never had a problem ever! Just seems like such a waste to not drive it in the winter.

I dont have the heart to drive it in the winter! I need something a little bit more versatile when it comes to the weather. I wont be getting a body kit on my next car for sures.:D

I've been thinking about different alternatives all week! from getting a big suv for all my loading needs to even getting an echo and pimping it out. hahahaha Im just open to everything I guess. *shrugs*

BerserkerCatSplat
08-19-2005, 02:13 AM
An Impreza seems to fit your bill. You can drive it year-round, it's loads of fun, and it looks good. Heck, you could be even more different and get a WRX wagon and pimp it out! :D

duffspec
08-19-2005, 07:05 AM
My summer car barely gets driven, only on nice days on the weekend. I know it defeats the who purpose of the car but, I really don't mind it being my "baby" and seriously thinking about keeping it long term.

It sounds like your a person who takes mad care of your rides and IMO you should consider a car with better resale value in the end. If your indeed that anal with your ride you will have no problem selling it or having a car that will out last your life. You will never know if you will out grow the "pimped" cav later down the road, you might even throw more money into your future ride, who knows.

Good luck with it bro.

benyl
08-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Why does everyone think that keeping a car clean leads to better resale value? Why do people always think that their car is worth more than the normal car of the same model? For most cars, you can spend 2-300 bucks and get it cleaned so it looks showroom. You obviously can't remove the worn out parts, but that is what happens when you drive a car.

I know people like to take pride in their cars, but when you realize it is a depreciating asset, it becomes "just a car."

You should buy a house and "pimp that pad."

4doorj
08-19-2005, 03:52 PM
u wont get anything for your cavalier, even with the good condition and low milage...
if i were u... take the cavalier back to stock.. sell everything else off it... use that as your everyday car/winter car... and by a wrx as your car to mod ... or what ever car

BerserkerCatSplat
08-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Even better, pimp a Yugo. :devil: