PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Power Rangers actor facing murder trial

creeper
08-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Interesting article in the Calgary Herald for Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ex-Power Rangers actor facing murder trial
Steven Edwards

"A former child actor of a popular TV show, and his wife, will stand trial for the murders of a wealthy California couple - who police believe were tied to the anchor of their yacht and thrown overboard alive"

The article goes on to read that the accused - Skylar & Jennifer DeLeon forged a plan to defraud the retired couple of their 17-meter yacht & then "raid" their bank account (s).

What had happened is, this couple posted their yacht for sale - and the power ranger and his gal responded to the ad, and requested a test-run. They then tazered, hand-cuffed and duct tape the victims, and forced them to sign over power-of-attorney. The couple complied, and signed the papers. And were then both thrown overboard, and presumed drowned.

The main quote that has been enlarged and centered in the article reads:

"It's haunting to think these nice, loving people were trying to hold their breaths as they sank to the bottom of the ocean".
- Deputy District Attorney Matt Murphy

The bodies have not been recovered.

dooman24
08-18-2005, 11:11 PM
which power rangers were they?? the pink and the green...

creeper
08-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Oh its just the one guy that was a power ranger. Skylar DeLeon. His wife wasn't on the show.

I'm about to post a pic of this dude, I'm dying to know which one he was - this was a pretty popular show a while back, I definelty watched it. I'd bet more than a few other Beyonds did as well.

creeper
08-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Update! I've looked into this, and as it turns out - this guy was not actually a power ranger.

He had appeared on the show a number of times as an extra, and had (i think) a few lines here and there. Not an actual recurring cast member.

CNN, Reuters and The Herald - have all reported this story as DeLeon being the star. I couldn't determine if anyone had printed a correction, or retraction.

eb0i
08-18-2005, 11:38 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050818/people_nm/crime_yacht_dc

says he "once" appeared on the show, heh.

k_dawg
08-19-2005, 10:34 AM
I was hoping to see the power ranger that did it but it turns out its not even a regular on the show. When that guy and his wife get sentence I hope they get the death penalty for what they did to that couple.

2000_SI
08-19-2005, 10:39 AM
:eek:

That’s brutal! How did they think they where going to get away with it? This old couple signs over power of attorney to some completely random strangers, then disappear... yeah, that’s not suspicious...:rolleyes:

dANK
08-19-2005, 10:39 AM
this story got a lot worse when i found out that he wasnt actually a power ranger

i want an update on those guys

tommy zach kimberly jason and trina

oh the good ol days

statick
08-19-2005, 11:31 AM
^don't forget billy

dooman24
08-19-2005, 11:38 AM
that's harsh.. can you picture yourself helpless with your wife tied up and thrown over board tied to an anchord.. that'd piss me off so bad cause i can't do anything to save my wife.. or beat hte crap out of them..

creeper
08-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 2000_SI
:eek:

That�s brutal! How did they think they where going to get away with it? This old couple signs over power of attorney to some completely random strangers, then disappear... yeah, that�s not suspicious...:rolleyes:

heheh, good point.

creeper
08-19-2005, 08:30 PM
sweet, check out what the apostrophe did to that quote!

Skyline_Addict
08-19-2005, 09:39 PM
great, now I have "go, go power rangers" song in my head.

calgarys13
08-19-2005, 09:44 PM
what would zordon say?
you just know this is all lord zedd's doing!

Kirbs17
08-19-2005, 09:49 PM
yikes, still scary

Nalgene
08-20-2005, 02:13 AM
isnt this the the cruise ship murder? Registered in Panama, company based in Florida and it was sailing in the Medterrarian... :drama: .
If it is the same one they could face the death penalty if convicted, becuase they use the laws of where the ship is registered. Sucks to be them... Panama has the death penalty.

heinz256
08-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by dANK
this story got a lot worse when i found out that he wasnt actually a power ranger

i want an update on those guys

tommy zach kimberly jason and trina

oh the good ol days

trini aka yellow ranger died in a car crash a while back

http://imdb.com/name/nm0870962/

Chester
08-20-2005, 07:00 PM
go go power rangers, daa na na naa, mighty morphin power rangeeeeeeers