PDA

View Full Version : Charger SRT-8 pricing released

JCX
08-19-2005, 10:21 AM
$44,650 Canadian. Talk about a bargain. People will still cry because it has four doors, but good god that car will be an ass kicker. So much performance for the value. Guys have gotten bone stock SRT-8 300's into the 12's.

RWD, 425 HP, brembo brakes, tuned suspension, forged 20" alloys, plenty of comfort too. I don't even mind that's an automatic. Matter of fact I prefer autos in big tourquey v-8. Not to mention with the 5 speed benzo matic you aren't going to shift faster. I will have one!

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/050819-1.htm

civic_stylez
08-19-2005, 10:26 AM
that thing is nice but youll have to get a custom plate that says "buk-a-ltr" because im sure that thing doesnt get any fuel economy..nonethelss with a few additional mods, that thing would rape....

benyl
08-19-2005, 10:27 AM
An SRT-8 will be my next car... haha

not sure which, the 300, the Magnum or the Charger.

I could care less about the 4-door thing.

I hope the also put the multi cylinder thing to get somewhat better fuel economy.

oh well, you have to pay to play.

Mr. Burns
08-19-2005, 10:29 AM
That is a crazy good value, but I would still rather have the 300-SRT8... I just can't get into the looks of the charger.

lastprodigy
08-19-2005, 10:45 AM
those cars are awesome...300 srt8 is hands down the best though...mafia stlye

JCX
08-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Agreed Benyl, as a little 30 year old professional this car will likely be in the cards for me for the next couple years. I actually like the 4 door thing.

The bad news is the big Hemi, as of yet, does not have the cylinder shut down. It may come though. However regarding gas mileage, it's 425 horsepower. People can cry mileage all they want, but power costs. It's very simple.

I too would prefer the 300C SRT-8, but I'll reserve until I see an SRT-8 Charger in real life. I'm quite fond of the regular Charger.

BTW, the Magum and Grand Cherokee SRT-8 should be out soon too. Dodge thinks everyone needs a 400+ HP family car. :clap:

Aleks
08-19-2005, 10:47 AM
If you can get one for 45K at a dealership my hat off to you. I remember when this same website reported that the price of the SRT-8 300C would be 49K and I told that to a dodge dealer he laughed at me and said the price was 59K LOL. Im thinking these bad boys will start in the low 50s. Hot car tho!

Phy
08-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by benyl
oh well, you have to pay to play.

This is like the chorus for this week. :banghead:

benyl
08-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
If you can get one for 45K at a dealership my hat off to you. I remember when this same website reported that the price of the SRT-8 300C would be 49K and I told that to a dodge dealer he laughed at me and said the price was 59K LOL. Im thinking these bad boys will start in the low 50s. Hot car tho!

Just wait until all the baller are done buying and they are sitting on the lots... they will be 49K.

Stupid dealers are selling for, or more than MSRP.

If I have to, I will shop south of the boarder.

benyl
08-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Phy

This is like the chorus for this week. :banghead:

simple fact of life. ;)

JCX
08-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

They said the same thing when the SRT-4 came out. My car was one of the first 04's here and was bought at less than MSRP. The beauty of these cars is they are going to be (fairly) plentiful. Any patient human being will be able to get a decent price. It may take time, but it is doable. There are also personal connections that can help.

As enthusiasts we tend to think everyone is like us, to most of the public the SRT-8 300, Charger, Magnum, Grand Cherokee won't be worth the money. To us they are.

BTW, I wouldn't shop south of the border. From what I've seen the SRT-8s are disproportionally expensive when currency is factored.

futurecivic
08-19-2005, 12:39 PM
man if you can afford a new car and knows it has a big motor you not really going to care about the gas consumption

Phy
08-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by benyl

simple fact of life. ;)

Oh, I don't deny that. If you are rich you can do more things. It's just hearing it again and again that grates. ;)

Back to the Charger - If you can manage to find it for 45 that's not a bad deal at all. Edit: Functional brake vents, huh?

tapout
08-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by futurecivic
man if you can afford a new car and knows it has a big motor you not really going to care about the gas consumption :werd:

pinoyhero
08-19-2005, 07:54 PM
man that's cheap, what a value