PDA

View Full Version : question about turbo and truck.

crazytou
08-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Got a question....can anyone direct me towards where to get electric turbo? And i dont know much about turbo's but im wanting to put a turbo on my truck just to help it on the highway and shut it off when 4x4-ing or whatever. im not looking for 14lbs or anything i want were moderate...and was wondering if it was electric turbo how i would control boost and where to get?

QuasarCav
08-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Electric turbo will restrict rather than help.

Hook a bilge pump up to you air intake and you basically have the same principle, It's not compressing the air it's just blowing it around. And when you dont have more air, you dont need more fuel.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-19-2005, 07:10 PM
Please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT buy an electric turbocharger. There's a stickied thread in the Performance Modifications section, go read it.

They're a joke and a waste of money.

mroseneder
08-19-2005, 07:35 PM
I can sell you a turbo off an old international DT466 or 7.3L. No wastegate, no BOV, you'll run 7 - 10 lbs of boost... Just have a custom manifold made, some PVC piping and away you go...

600 - 700 dollars...

crazytou
08-20-2005, 01:04 AM
well i just thought so i could turn it off...and on when im 4x4ing i guess i dont want major power cause more power more problems with 4x4's so i just want something that will pull me down the highway alittle better....i wasn't sure if talons and what not were electric or vacuum...