PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West - Late Registration

wildrice
08-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Albums amazing, just listened to it. Great collaborations on it.

dANK
08-19-2005, 11:20 AM
ive been lookin for it on torrents forever and never got it.. make sure its got diamonds from sierra leone on it.. cuz all the other ones that dont have it are just old mixtapes with Gold digger on it with jamie foxx

AcuraTl
08-19-2005, 11:20 AM
its out?

dANK
08-19-2005, 11:21 AM
aug 30 is release

wildrice
08-19-2005, 11:30 AM
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1VL5BSQLQXBZ01KW929XL59EU5

It's YSI so it will go real soon.
Get it while you can.

bennyhanna
08-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by dANK
ive been lookin for it on torrents forever and never got it.. make sure its got diamonds from sierra leone on it.. cuz all the other ones that dont have it are just old mixtapes with Gold digger on it with jamie foxx http://www.filemp3.org/download/13137/Kanye_West-Late_Registration-2005-RNS.torrent

or

http://www.filemp3.org/details.php?id=13137

dANK
08-20-2005, 12:24 PM
thanks

as much as i want it right now

i think im gonna wait to buy it so its a sweet sweet listen

gerrycurl21
08-20-2005, 02:45 PM
its not that good, i think its way below college dropout

"we cant a-fford no gas"

crazyning
08-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not as good as College Dropout, but has some good songs.

If everybody made half decent albums like this, I'd probably buy them....

dANK
08-22-2005, 03:48 PM
werrd

its not as good as college drop out.. i hate that crack song.. but its still good the first two songs are prime..

tictactoe2004
08-22-2005, 05:24 PM
its ok..

asuth077
08-23-2005, 08:56 AM
I thought the album was pretty good, not as good as College Drop Out, but still solid.

I liked alot of the mixes and how there was an alternative version of Diamonds are Forever. The collaberations were pretty good too.

Crazyning is right, if there were more albums this good I would buy alot more.

pinoyhero
08-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah I've heard some of the songs, very talented guy. Too bad the new DIAMONDS sinlge isnn't on there though

AcuraTl
08-23-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Yeah I've heard some of the songs, very talented guy. Too bad the new DIAMONDS sinlge isnn't on there though

are you high? chances are that one of these pieces of craps that were posted were fake, the real cd comes with Diamonds from sierra leon, remix feat. JayZ and the normal one as a hidden track...

wildrice
08-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by AcuraTl

are you high? chances are that one of these pieces of craps that were posted were fake, the real cd comes with Diamonds from sierra leon, remix feat. JayZ and the normal one as a hidden track...

the one I posted w/c is probably dead had them

track 13: Diamonds from siera leone remix feat Jay-Z
Track 20: Diamons from Siera Leone Bonus Track

gerrycurl21
08-23-2005, 12:12 PM
k, the album is growing on me. its much mature than TCD but i still feel those beats to this one. Bad comparison but this is the 7day theory to All Eyez On Me

dANK
08-23-2005, 09:37 PM
its not a hidden track its the last track before hidden isnt it?

regardless this cd is growing on me too.. at first i liked it.. but wasnt a fan of a couple songs.. but after listening to it all day.. every song is sick.. sometimes with kanye songs you after to listen to every single song in depth to appreciate it..

i cant wait for his next cd.. this is amazing.. just not as good as college drop out.. how could you top the new workout plan i mean serious.. give head stop breath get up check ya weave.. haha

wildrice
08-24-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm hooked to track three ;touch the sky'. It's awesome.

dANK
08-24-2005, 12:04 PM
i like the one with adam levine so good best song on their IMO

and of course diamons with Jay Z (fucking retire already)

lol great cd i cant stop listening to it on my ipod at work

gerrycurl21
08-25-2005, 08:10 PM
If ya'll wanna see how much Hey Mama changed, heres a live performance of the song in Amsterdam 2004. He had this song written and pretty much completed before he dropped College Dropout.

http://members.shaw.ca/gerrycurl21/21-kanye_west_-_hey_mama-sc.mp3

86max
08-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Late Registration CD is in stores today.

15.99$ @ HMV.......I'm actually not that impressed with it, it seems he's wasted his talent on a cd with annoying "urban style" beats and gay intermissions, just like TCD. I'm surprised he didn't have collaborations with kaos or jurassic 5 lol. The songs he produces for others tend to be way better than his own. Diamonds is a wicked song though.

EK 2.0
08-30-2005, 03:35 PM
It's sick...

if you appreciate Kanye for his off the wall samples, for the lyrical style he brings to the table then Late Registration is for you. If you are all into the singles G.O.O.D. releases then stick to your mainstream rap/hip-hop.

I am blown away. I don't think it was made to out do College Dropout. I feel both albums are different chapters in Kanye's life ala Jigga-Man. This album is more of what Kanye wanted to do, no what he felt would do well in the stores...

Good Job Kanye...:thumbsup:

dANK
08-30-2005, 03:42 PM
regardless of what he wanted to do kanye knows what sells

this album is no different, its going to get a lot of sales

86max
08-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm giving the guy credit, he's an awesome rapper, I guess I was just let down a little because my hopes for this album were too high. The lyrics are fine, it's just lacking any sort of beat that will cause me to listen to it for more than a day or two in my cd player. Instead of the usual rappers with wicked beats and shitty lyrics (aka little jon), here we have a good rapper with shitty beats. Mind you some are alright, but the majority on this cd are so boring they make days of our lives look like wwf. If I wanted to hear boring talking I'd listen to cbc radio.

Then again everyones different right:D I like to nod my head to the beat while doing 2mph around the mall over and over and over :rofl:

dANK
08-30-2005, 04:19 PM
haha you might like that song by luda then

86max
08-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by dANK
haha you might like that song by luda then

"2 miles an hour so everybody sees you..."

:rofl:

He jacked that from Will Smith - Summertime
:hijack:

sin
08-30-2005, 04:53 PM
if you think kanye makes shitty beats you really dont know what you're talking about, hes a grammy winning producer. he's just too innovative for a lot of people and they dont really get it. as if lil jon has shit on kanye. the sax that he used in drive slow was basically sampled from tupac's "shorty's gonna be a thug", and he somehow knew how amazing it would sound with a sax. pure genius.

dANK
08-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 86max

"2 miles an hour so everybody sees you..."

:rofl:

He jacked that from Will Smith - Summertime
:hijack:

serious if someone jacks something from will smith its time to rethink life

PGTze
08-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
It's sick...

if you appreciate Kanye for his off the wall samples, for the lyrical style he brings to the table then Late Registration is for you. If you are all into the singles G.O.O.D. releases then stick to your mainstream rap/hip-hop.

I am blown away. I don't think it was made to out do College Dropout. I feel both albums are different chapters in Kanye's life ala Jigga-Man. This album is more of what Kanye wanted to do, no what he felt would do well in the stores...

Good Job Kanye...:thumbsup:

:werd:

I think everyones expectations were too high, people were expecting the greatest album ever. I'd say it's easily the best hip- hop album of the year so far.

EK 2.0
08-31-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by PGTze
I'd say it's easily the best hip- hop album of the year so far.

whoa whoa, buddy...easy there...you forgot about Common...his record is off tha chizzain...

finboy
08-31-2005, 08:51 AM
i'd probably give it 5 or 6 out of 10, i'll edit this post later and explain why...

dj_honda
08-31-2005, 09:19 AM

whoa whoa, buddy...easy there...you forgot about Common...his record is off tha chizzain...

funny how kanye produced it haha

gerrycurl21
08-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Common's album was too mellow for me, something id clean my house to on a sunday afternoon rather than bump in my car lol. but the intro to BE was tight

Zephyr
08-31-2005, 10:56 PM
i love this cd, very very good cd, i really like his lyrics. 9/10 for me

WhiteNikes
09-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by gerrycurl21
Common's album was too mellow for me, something id clean my house to on a sunday afternoon rather than bump in my car lol. but the intro to BE was tight

Maybe it's me, but Common ain't seem like the kinda cat that want his joints t' be banin' in tha clubs. That cat want peeps t' hear what he gotta say 'n' what he be sain' be da truf.

When it comes t' beats... I ain't know how it is someone talkin' like Late Registration ain't got em. Tru, Lil' Jon got 'em hype up gon' kill a nigga beats, but Kanye gots them throw back vibin' joints. If you ain't got tha background f' that joint you prolly ain't gon' feel it.

EK 2.0
09-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by WhiteNikes

Maybe it's me, but Common ain't seem like the kinda cat that want his joints t' be banin' in tha clubs. That cat want peeps t' hear what he gotta say 'n' what he be sain' be da truf.

When it comes t' beats... I ain't know how it is someone talkin' like Late Registration ain't got em. Tru, Lil' Jon got 'em hype up gon' kill a nigga beats, but Kanye gots them throw back vibin' joints. If you ain't got tha background f' that joint you prolly ain't gon' feel it.

EXACTLY...KanYe knoes how to sample beats that make a nukka think...not about poppin them bottles of Henny in tha club...

Xtrema
09-03-2005, 12:37 AM
After watching this clip

http://www.zebrality.com/media/2005/kanye.avi

I think his CD will bombed. Act like an ass.

coolstoryhansel
09-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by sin
if you think kanye makes shitty beats you really dont know what you're talking about, hes a grammy winning producer. he's just too innovative for a lot of people and they dont really get it. as if lil jon has shit on kanye. the sax that he used in drive slow was basically sampled from tupac's "shorty's gonna be a thug", and he somehow knew how amazing it would sound with a sax. pure genius.
In light of recent years, winning a Grammy isn't the biggest accomplishment in the world. It's just not that credible. However, I do agree that Kanye is one of the better producers out there and his flow has improved. He does sample like crazy but he does use a lot of songs that usually wouldn't appear on a 'hip hop' track. On Slow Drive, that sax is sampled from Hank Crawford's Wildflower, which is a classic jazz track. Also, Curtis Mayfield's Move On Up shows up on Touch the Sky.

Anyways, Late Registration is a great album. One of the better releases this year. Now if J5 would put out an album...

dj_honda
09-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Grammys lost their credibility like 2 decades ago lol. I love how simpsons makes fun of them hardcore.

I can't believe how people whine about sampling when listening to hip hop. You guys need to go back and listen to the original stuff. Hip hop is BASED off of sampling/cutting/scratching other beats. That IS hip hop and thats how it started.

I agree, Kanye has some sweet and diverse musical tastes to come up with the samples he does.

coolstoryhansel
09-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda
Grammys lost their credibility like 2 decades ago lol. I love how simpsons makes fun of them hardcore.

I can't believe how people whine about sampling when listening to hip hop. You guys need to go back and listen to the original stuff. Hip hop is BASED off of sampling/cutting/scratching other beats. That IS hip hop and thats how it started.

I agree, Kanye has some sweet and diverse musical tastes to come up with the samples he does.

The Grammys lost their credibility the year after MJ won 8. And then were rekindled briefly when Alicia Keys won a couple (5 the one year and then more recently?).

And yes, that's how HIP HOP started--with sampling. Puff Daddy (or is it Sean Combs? or P. Diddy? or just Diddy?) is the Godfather of HIP HOP! j/k

Here's a database of a lot of (mostly older) hip hop tracks and the original tracks they sample: http://www.the-breaks.com/

jumperman8
09-03-2005, 01:10 PM
wow is this cd sick

dDUB
09-03-2005, 02:13 PM
great cd amazing!

sin
09-03-2005, 11:24 PM
kanye is more likely to sample that from a tupac beat than a jazz song. if you havent heard the tupac song, d/l it, its dead on.

coolstoryhansel
09-04-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by sin
kanye is more likely to sample that from a tupac beat than a jazz song. if you havent heard the tupac song, d/l it, its dead on.
That could be the case. Shorty Wanna Be a Thug could've been one of his favorite tracks of all time and wanted to take the beat and slow it down and use it for one of his tracks. But it could be possible that his mom had this jazz record that she played all the time when he was a kid and he would later sample it (just like Tupac's producer did).

dj_honda
09-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by coolstoryhansel

And yes, that's how HIP HOP started--with sampling. Puff Daddy (or is it Sean Combs? or P. Diddy? or just Diddy?) is the Godfather of HIP HOP! j/k

I said BACk to the original stuff. If you consider puff daddy old school then you have no clue about hiphop. Try listening to Eric B and Rakim tracks. Its all James Brown samples.

coolstoryhansel
09-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda
I said BACk to the original stuff. If you consider puff daddy old school then you have no clue about hiphop. Try listening to Eric B and Rakim tracks. Its all James Brown samples.

Let me answer your quote with another quote.

Originally posted by coolstoryhansel
j/k

j/k means just kidding

b_t
09-04-2005, 09:07 PM
damn, just picked this up, and it is crazy... Drive Slow is a wicked tune, haven't had time to listen to it all... Jay-Z's version of Diamonds was pretty weak though..

EK 2.0
09-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by b_t
damn, just picked this up, and it is crazy... Drive Slow is a wicked tune, haven't had time to listen to it all... Jay-Z's version of Diamonds was pretty weak though..

are you joking...

"I'm not a businessman...I'm a Business, Man." is like THE line of the year...

b_t
09-04-2005, 11:17 PM

are you joking...

"I'm not a businessman...I'm a Business, Man." is like THE line of the year...

oh there is no denying that some of the lines were like... "oh, DAMN!"..and Jay-Z was nuts, but Kanye's bit just wasn't as good as it was on the single.. but I still like that production, like damn... that first bass note.. not sure if you have any buddies with a system like mine (probably do...haha), but you can feel that in your chest ..I love it :D

Clever
09-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by b_t

oh there is no denying that some of the lines were like... "oh, DAMN!"..and Jay-Z was nuts, but Kanye's bit just wasn't as good as it was on the single.. but I still like that production, like damn... that first bass note.. not sure if you have any buddies with a system like mine (probably do...haha), but you can feel that in your chest ..I love it :D

It's albums like these that make me miss my system so much more, i'm still quite amazed how Jamie Foxx sounds just like Ray Charles in "Gold Digger"................ broke pi broke, we ain't got it!

Billet
09-08-2005, 12:14 PM
too bad hes a freakin racist

i was going to buy his album... but not no more :guns:

EK 2.0
09-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Billet

I was watching some Entertainment News shows last tnight and you would be surprised as to the Celebrities who are standing behind Kanye and his comments. He has the cojones to say what the masses are thinking. Yes he might hav chosen his words a little more carefully, but he spoke the truth.

Kamen
09-08-2005, 12:40 PM
He's gonna be in Kingston for the Queen's University concert for the first year students Friday at 8pm apparently. I'm gonna try to get tickets to that.

86max
09-08-2005, 12:53 PM

I was watching some Entertainment News shows last tnight and you would be surprised as to the Celebrities who are standing behind Kanye and his comments. He has the cojones to say what the masses are thinking. Yes he might hav chosen his words a little more carefully, but he spoke the truth.

Who does he think he is, Malcolm X the remix? I don't care who stands behind him, his actions probably caused more people to dislike Black people as a whole rather than gain them any sympathy. Anyways back to the topic at hand.

Listened to the cd a few more times since my last comments, still not a huge fan but it's alright. Probably rate it a 6/10, roses, diamonds, drive slow, and gold digger are the best :) I still feel that it lacks any "classic" value, as in it will probably never enter the cd player again after this week.

Billet
09-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Kamen
He's gonna be in Kingston for the Queen's University concert for the first year students Friday at 8pm apparently. I'm gonna try to get tickets to that.

are you serious???? hes on tv balling his eyes out cause 'his people' are suffering from Katrina
(last time i checked we all live on the same planet)

doesnt sound like no benefit concert

finboy
09-08-2005, 03:01 PM

just because he dislikes one white person doesn't make him a racist :rolleyes:

WhiteNikes
09-08-2005, 04:02 PM

are you serious???? hes on tv balling his eyes out cause 'his people' are suffering from Katrina
(last time i checked we all live on the same planet)

doesnt sound like no benefit concert
I don’t believe it would be incorrect for one to feel for their family if they were killed in 9/11 despite the others that were lost. I believe this is a similar situation. Can one not feel for those of similar ancestry despite the others that are sharing in the same plight?

To refer to the man as a racist is going too far I believe. He spoke out against one other person of another race. I do not deny that his comment might bring about racial tension, but one might look at the comments that are being made about him here. There have been many here to speak out against Kanye for his comment and his alleged distaste for Caucasians and label him a racist. It seems to me that a very similar application of logic would brand every one of those that spoke out as a racist. That is not something I believe to be true. Perhaps one might ask what his opinions are when it comes to Clinton or another white person and one might find his response to be more amicable.