PDA

View Full Version : Next lapping day?

Zero102
08-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey, perhaps I'm oblivious and missed it, but I haven't heard anything about lapping days for a few weeks. Is there one coming up any time soon?

I was at the last one, but ran into car trouble, so I'm itching to go again :)

rage2
08-19-2005, 08:06 PM
There was one last week I believe but it on a day with a lot of rain. I'll find out when the next one is.

What happened to your car last time?

Zero102
08-19-2005, 10:46 PM
One last week?... I must have been dumb and missed the posts... Running in the rain would be alright, but not ideal.

The last time I thought I had lost a throwout bearing, but I got lucky and it was the clutch fork pivot pin. I left the set screw out, I didn't see the threaded hole when I assembled it all, so of course I didn't put a bolt in it, and it eventually backed out. I got less than 2 laps before it fell half-way out and I couldn't disengage the clutch. It was pretty bad, had to wait over 3 hours for a tow truck since it wouldn't be fair to stop everybody so my car could get towed out of there. I hope it goes better next time.

On the up side, it was the first time I hit 225-230kph in my 951, and did it ever feel good :)
I was braking early too. I hope I get it up faster than that next time.

I have a bad AFM, which causes some erratic running under boost and near idle, but it always seems to fail on the rich side, so I'm not too worried about racing with it like this, it will just slow me down a bit.

Z_Fan
08-20-2005, 01:29 PM
August 25th from 5 to 9 pm

[email protected]

For info and to check for available spots.