PDA

View Full Version : V8 - V10 Triton

CVPP
02-02-2003, 12:27 AM
Alright, I have been hearing some rumors about this but it is finally here. I am not sure if you guys will even care about this because it is a Ford but please lend me your eyes and your opinions. Basically I am running my crown vic with a normal 4.6l rebuilt this past fall. Now, I am debating if I should rip that 4.6l out and drop in either a V8 or the new V10's? What do you all think about that. Now, I have already ripped out my 4.6L 2 times so that only takes me about a day but I am wondering if I should go through the hassle.

RickDaTuner
02-02-2003, 12:37 AM
im guessing these engine have more electronics than you can shake a stick at, so im gonna take a stab in the Dark and Say

not Worth the hassle

CVPP
02-02-2003, 12:42 AM
I am just trying to figure out the the torque vs. hp ratio taking a triton engine and sticking it in a small car...wow! It would hussle.

Glowrider
02-02-2003, 12:48 AM
I think it would be really cool. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea. God only knows what kind of shit you might run into trying to pull this off.

XylathaneGTR
02-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by CVPP
I am just trying to figure out the the torque vs. hp ratio taking a triton engine and sticking it in a small car...wow! It would hussle.
Most likely it would Handle like ass if you stuck a 10 cyl in it.
Sure, it would be quick in a straight line, but unless u REALLY stiffened up the front suspension, and did a lot of chassis/susp work, it would roll and handle even worse.
Its like sticking a VG30dett into a Civic, can fuck up the handling.

300rwhp
02-02-2003, 01:45 AM
Some guy in the states put a v10 mod motor in a sn-95 mustang so its do able
and very fast

Matrix1
02-02-2003, 03:50 AM
wow, V10 would be:burnout:

turbocharge it as well:angel:

Light_Speed
02-02-2003, 04:10 AM
hope u do that soon
wanna see it rip up some shit

mrmattyk
02-02-2003, 04:16 AM
If you put in a triton you'd have to redo the suspension and upgrade the brakes. Your car is designed for the 4.6L V8 and not that beastly engine!

Might as well just buy the truck guy.

4wheeldrift
02-02-2003, 09:33 AM
Throwing the V10 into a mustang has been done, but it takes A LOT of custom work. Its not like you just pull the 4.6L V8 out and throw the V10 in. It requires custom engine mounts, modifications to the firewall and fenders, changes to the radiator mounts, and the list goes on. I can't see it being any easier on a crown vic, I'm willing to bet it would be harder. It also completely destroys the weight distribution on a car that is already incredibly nose heavy. It would be different, for sure. But is it a good idea? :dunno: Got me

300rwhp
02-02-2003, 03:40 PM
its actually not that different of an engine the motor mounts are the same as the block is the same with two more pistons attached the mod motors (ie tritons are all the same block basically that was what was so impressive about them). The firewall and fender do not need to be changed but your rad does.

300rwhp
02-02-2003, 03:47 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=248160&make_type_query=make%3DFord&model_brand_query=model%3DCrown%20Victoria&tree=Ford%20Crown%20Victoria

4wheeldrift
02-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
its actually not that different of an engine the motor mounts are the same as the block is the same with two more pistons attached the mod motors (ie tritons are all the same block basically that was what was so impressive about them). The firewall and fender do not need to be changed but your rad does. The only mustang I'd seen this conversion done to had the living hell hacked out of the engine compartment to make the V10 fit in there. That was 3 or 4 years ago now though. Guess they've gotten better at doing the conversion, or the engine bay in the Crown Vic is quite a bit different.

300rwhp
02-02-2003, 04:24 PM
was it red if so i have seen that car in person at a car show and it wasnt that bad. But doin a liittle searching on the net and a lot of people have done the conversion lately.

4wheeldrift
02-02-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
was it red if so i have seen that car in person at a car show and it wasnt that bad. But doin a liittle searching on the net and a lot of people have done the conversion lately. It was red, yes. I think it was a 95 or a 96 that had been converted. As far as I know it was the first time that conversion had ever been done. When i saw the car in a magazine right after the conversion was done, they couldn't find a hood to fit over the throttle body and filter, so it was going hoodless. It didn't look that bad, they did a good job with the body work but there was a fair amount of surgery involved making it fit.

300rwhp
02-02-2003, 04:50 PM
yeah that was the one i saw that car was a v6 so it did require alot of work to shoe horn the engine in . Impressive becuase the compression ratio in those motors is like 8.0.1 so they take well to boost. And they make gobs of torque

Nix87
02-02-2003, 07:14 PM
I think it would be pretty fricken sweet to have ur vic packin a v10....good luck and hope it works out..that would be very impressive.

Nick

CVPP
02-03-2003, 08:58 AM
The conversion is actually not that difficult, mainly cause the suspension is already beefed up because it is a police package and it actually fits right on the engine mounts. I am thinking about proceeding because I have been in contact with someone who did the conversion and he didn't find it to difficult. So We Will See.

V10stang
03-23-2005, 07:58 PM
whats all this crap about cutting up the eng compartment, its to big a eng to fit in a mustang, to much wireing, you dont have a mechanical clue do you. I did it in 97 with a new 6cyl mustang in my garage on a sunday afternoon. The triton V10 is a direct bolt in no modes on the eng or the car, and the v10 eng is 50lbs lighter than a 5.0. lot a talk out there. the 4.6/5.4/6.8 are same eng. mounts are the same, the trans is the same, everything is the same it bolts directly to the 96 up sn95 6or 8cyl car.Ive heard a lot people doing this swap but what happened ya chicken out. paul in las vegas, nv V10stang@aol any questions

PGTze
03-23-2005, 08:09 PM
^^^ You do reallize this thread is over 2 years old eh?