PDA

View Full Version : What supplements/performance enhancers have you used? Rate them!

1-Cent
08-20-2005, 10:28 PM
List which supplements and/or performance enhancers you've used and breifly review their effectiveness. Curious to see whats worked for some and what hasn't for others. Remember to post dosage and duration too, copy my layout of you want.

SUPPLEMENTS: Rated in comparison to other supplements only

Generic Name: Protein
Brand: Bio-X Chocolate Power Meal
Comments: Tastes great with milk and mixes well in a blender, does what it sets out to do
Rating: *****

Generic Name: Creatine monohydrate
Brand: Bio-X
Mass: ***
Strength: **
Side effects: *
Keepable: ***
Dose: 15g /day ~4 years
Comments: Mass is not directly increased by creatine. Creatine increased indurance which means more reps/set which then leads to more mass and strength as a result. Slight water retention.

Generic Name: Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE)
Brand: Bulk No name
Mass: **
Strength: ****
Dose: 5g /day for 6 months
Comments: Very much like old school creatine except basicly no water retention and I also noticed a good amount of additional strength, way more so than creatine monohydrate. Highly recommended! Never seen it in stores though but its easily found online.

Generic Name: L-Glutamine
Brand: Bio-X Glutamine Rush
Mass: -
Strength: -
Side effects: -
Keepable: -
Dose: 1 scoop /day for ~8 weeks
Comments: Finished 2 big containers of it and nothing happend that I could tell, some people swear by it though.

Generic Name: Ephedrine HCL
Brand: Bio-X Ephedrine HCL 8mg tabs
Keepable: *
Dose: 100mg pre-workout whenever I feel like it
Comments: Never used it for fat loss, gives a little boost pre-workout though, wouldn't recommend my dose to most I just don't react much to it, never have.

Generic Name: R+Alpha-Lipoic Acid
Brand: 4Ever Fit R+ALA
Dose: 1g /day for 4 weeks
Comments: No effect by itself

Generic Name: B-hydroxy B-methylbutyrate monohydrate
Brand: EAS HMB
Dose: 2g /day for 4 weeks
Comments: No effect

Generic Name: Glucosamine
Brand: Bulk no name
Dose: 2g /day for 6 months
Comments: Helped to repair a joint problem, did what it said it would

Generic Name: Tribulus Terrestris
Mass: ***
Strength: ****
Dose: 10g /day for 12 weeks
Comments: Only testosterone booster that works, no two brands are the same, buy the purest extract you can find and bulk is much much cheaper than pre-capped. The dose they recommend won't do much, 5-10 grams daily is what you want.

Generic Name: ZMA (Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, and Vitamin B6)
Mass: **
Strength: **
Keepable: ****
Dose: 1 serving /day for 12 weeks
Comments: Trib was better, but this did something as well, its cheaper to buy each of the 3 ingredients bulk and cap your own if you know how.

Generic Name: Vitamin B12 (IM Injection)
Brand: Pharmacy brand
Dose: 1000mcg /day for 6 months and counting
Comments: Great stuff if you don't mind poking yourself with a syringe, you can buy it at any pharmacy in Canada, just go up to the counter and ask for a 30mL which will run you about $10. Brand depends on where you go, some are water suspention (red! ooo pretty), others are oil, both are good. Increases your appetite very noticably, gives you energy and a better sleep.

I don't know if anyone is interested in me posting my reviews and experiances with anabolics or not, I will if someone asks.
Ok whos next? :D

Wildcat
08-20-2005, 10:49 PM
you keep taking those vitamin b12 injections and sooner or later your going to have arms like greg valentino. :barf:

1-Cent
08-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
you keep taking those vitamin b12 injections and sooner or later your going to have arms like greg valentino. :barf:

And why is that... synthol (used by greg valentino) is a very dense fatty acid used to strech the muscle fascia, the key to it is in the fact that it cannot be easily metabolized, other compounds are often added to enduce swelling. A water based injectable like B12 is out of the injection site within minutes, an oil based injectable is gone in a couple hours if injected correctly (not in fatty tissue).

Wildcat
08-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

And why is that... synthol (used by greg valentino) is a very dense fatty acid used to strech the muscle fascia, the key to it is in the fact that it cannot be easily metabolized, other compounds are often added to enduce swelling. A water based injectable like B12 is out of the injection site within minutes, an oil based injectable is gone in a couple hours if injected correctly (not in fatty tissue).

synthol is just steriods without the active ingredient of testosterone. an oil based vit b12 will have the same effects. valentino swears by the vitamin injections and that he doesnt take synthol. probly bs anyways, but still who wants arms like that?

Diesel
08-21-2005, 07:14 PM
my comments...

Brand: Bio-X Chocolate Power Meal
Comments: Tastes great with milk and mixes well in a blender, does what it sets out to do
Rating:...generally Bio-X puts out a substandard product. i've tried it (along time ago) and would never use it again. I'm happier with taking a good quality Whey Isolate, rather than a mix of casein, whey and egg proteins. I found while taking the Bio-X product, i had the worst internal gas, and stomach pains. not much for muscle gains either.

Brand: Bio-X
Mass:
Strength:
Side effects:
Keepable:
Dose:
Comments:...with all the advances in Creatine supplements, it's almost funny that people would still use this anymore. Once again, i have used the Bio-X product, however in the past few months i have used Dymatize Xpand, and BSN NO-Xplode, with better results. The pumps and strength increases were much better(although more added ingredients) than just regular Creatine Mono.

Generic Name: Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE)
Brand: Bulk No name
Mass:
Strength:
Side effects:
Keepable:
Dose: 5g /day for 6 months
Comments: have not tried it yet, however you can find it at Better Bodies on 16th ave ne...

Brand: Bio-X Glutamine Rush
Dose: 1 scoop /day for ~8 weeks
Comments: i didn't feel or see any gains when using this product, however when i went off of it, thats when i noticed the change. immune system was a bit off, and my recovery periods between training sessions were longer.

more later....

hockeybronx
08-21-2005, 08:19 PM
For those of you who have no idea who Greg Valentino is, and why his arms are so disgusting...

1-Cent
08-21-2005, 09:14 PM

synthol is just steriods without the active ingredient of testosterone. an oil based vit b12 will have the same effects. valentino swears by the vitamin injections and that he doesnt take synthol. probly bs anyways, but still who wants arms like that?

Sorry bro but you're way off, MCT oil used in synthol is not the same as the oil ingredient found in oil based steroids and oil based B12, if it were you'd need an 18g syringe to push it thru and not many people would be willing to do that. You'll more than likely find cottonseed oil in injectables which is much too easily broken down and much much too thin to be anything close to MCT. If they were interchangable, you'd have bodybuilders going down to the grocery store to lather up with cottonseed oil and step on stage smelling like salad dressing lol.

403 Forbidden
08-22-2005, 02:29 PM
synthol is just steriods without the active ingredient of testosterone. an oil based vit b12 will have the same effects.

You are the new lowest common denominator. Way to go champ.

Maybe you guys spewing your so called knowledge should post some pictures of yourselves so we can truly judge what HAS and HAS NOT worked. How about that?

Wildcat
08-22-2005, 04:18 PM
^lmao sure thing buddy. im posting another thread about my progress sept 1st. so you can hold on to your dick till then.

403 Forbidden
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
^AWESOME.

Make sure they are full body shots so everyone can see the wheels - not just the Sikome beach special with jeans and no shirt.

1-Cent
08-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 403 Forbidden

You are the new lowest common denominator. Way to go champ.

Maybe you guys spewing your so called knowledge should post some pictures of yourselves so we can truly judge what HAS and HAS NOT worked. How about that?

What are you so pissed off about man? I'd like to post pics believe me, but I have some very unique tattoos and would rather not.
To be honest none of the things I posted really contributed significant growth, if I had to nail down the compounds that made me the size I am I'd have to say lots and lots of testosterone, trenbolone, dianabol and insulin, no point in lieing, I didn't get to 240 fairly lean at 5'10 using creatine and L-Glut lol 270 is where I'll be bulking to this off season. Keep in mind I lift for strength, I powerlift, not bodybuild, its just a nice side effect to build a solid physique at the same time.

rahim
08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
^^^ what kind of numbers do you put up? d/s/b

403 Forbidden
08-22-2005, 08:20 PM

What are you so pissed off about man? I'd like to post pics believe me, but I have some very unique tattoos and would rather not.

Oh you know just the usual - guys like wildcat that spew about shit they really know nothing about.

Good job on the 240 @ 5'10" bro. keep it up. I'd post up my numbers but since I don't know anyone on here it wouldn't make much difference anyway. That and I'd have some pencil calling bullshit.

1-Cent
08-22-2005, 08:38 PM

Oh you know just the usual - guys like wildcat that spew about shit they really know nothing about.

Good job on the 240 @ 5'10" bro. keep it up. I'd post up my numbers but since I don't know anyone on here it wouldn't make much difference anyway. That and I'd have some pencil calling bullshit.

Ah ok, I had you misread, can't expect them to know much about a side of bodybuilding they've never crossed over to. You've got some solid lifts though? Natty or not? Post them up if you want, I reserve my bs calling for the 15 year olds pushing 3 plates haha

lastprodigy
08-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
For those of you who have no idea who Greg Valentino is, and why his arms are so disgusting...

disgusting looks like a giant intestine! :barf:

^AWESOME.

Make sure they are full body shots so everyone can see the wheels - not just the Sikome beach special with jeans and no shirt.

lol full body shots hey ?
:poosie:

j/k thats the sweetest wording ever, props

Wildcat
08-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Brand: Prolab Prowhey (orange vanilla, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry)
Comments: mixes ok, doesnt taste too great, strawberry tastes best. nutritionally its great. Rating: *****

Brand: EAS phosphate
Dose: 12g /day
Comments: tastes great, more energy at the gym. expected gains, a little overpriced

Brand: Champion nutrition creatine extreme
Dose: 10g /day
Comments: tastes good, performs just as well as EAS. much better price, more value.

Brand: Champion Nutrition
Comments: used in conjunction with creatine and taurine. hard to directly evaluate its performance. your money could be put to better use imo.

Generic Name: Ephedrine HCL
Brand: Bio-X Ephedrine HCL 8mg tabs
Dose: 24mg 3 times a day
Comments: used with caffeine for weight loss. it works well, does what its supposed to but has an addictive nature and may throw off sleep paterns.

Generic Name: Caffeine
Brand: Bio X 200mg tabs
Dose: 3 times daily
Comments: used in conjuction with ephedrine for weight loss. very strong. has an addicitive nature, body eventually becomes increasingly more resistant/ dependant on it even after just 2 weeks time.

Generic Name: Taurine
Comments: dont get alot of volume for what you pay for, mixes like shit.

Brand: Ultimate Nutrition
Comments: mixes well, cheap, essential amino acid, results are not visably noticable.

Brand: Dymatize elite protein
Comments: best tasting protein ive ever tasted. best mixing protein. ion exchange, great nutritionally, ballpark value. highly reccomended

Brand: Muscletech Nitro-tech
Comments: tastes like shit, mixes like shit, not even close nutitionally to other leading brands on the market. way overpriced. dont be fooled by the mass advertising.

Generic Name: Creatine/ Nitric Oxide
Brand: SAN V12 turbo
Comments: tastes great, mixes great, lots of energy. kinda pricy, money could be better spent.

Generic Name: Creatine/ Nitric Oxide
Brand: Dymatize expand
Comments: lots of flavors same price and nutitional value as V12 but with more argine per serving. noticable results.

1-Cent
08-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Solid list Wildcat :thumbsup:
I've tried alot of brands of each supp but most seem to perform the same to me. Surprisingly though, the best creatine I've had is GNC's in house brand thats mixed with a bunch of other ingedients, can't remember with what exactly since it was a long time ago before I figured out how much of a scam GNC is lol.
I don't know if anyone here uses insulin or has ever, but one of the cool things about it is how much more effective it makes other supplements because of how it forces so much more of it into your cells if you take your supps during a spike. Creatine, especially CEE works 10x better, comparable even to injectable ATP which I've tried in the past. L-Glut actually makes a big dent in recovery time when used with slin and R+ALA makes a noticable impact in insulin sensitivity when it did nothing for me without slin. Just don't mess with it if you don't know what you're doing or you'll end up in a bodybag.

Wildcat
08-22-2005, 11:05 PM
Generic Name: Multi-Vitamin/ minerals
Brand: GNC Mega mens
Comments: use them all the time, great value. a multi is a multi imo.

Generic Name: Protein (weight gainer)
Brand: GNC Mega Mass
Comments: pretty much only mixes well in a blender, gives a bloated gassy feeling. better off gaining weight by just eating more.

Generic Name: Protein (isolate)
Brand: Fruit Blast by 4ever fit
Comments: mixes good, some flavors taste better than others. better than most nutritionally, costs a little more than others.

Generic Name: Protein (isolate gainer)
Brand: Fruit Blast by 4ever fit
Comments: tastes awesome mixes great, no bloatedness / gassy feeling. just like juice, visable results.

Brand: PVL whey cooler
Comments: tastes great, but mixes like shit. underpar nutritionally.

Brand: GNC whey cool
Comments: mixes like shit and tastes like shit but good value.

Brand: GNC L-Glutamine
Comments: flavored, mixes well. not worth the price.

Generic Name: Creatine Monohydrate / Nitric Oxide
Brand: ISS Satur8
Comments: not as potent as the V12 or expand, not as mush value either, doesnt taste great.

Generic Name: Effervesrant
Brand: ISS BLAST
Comments: for an added boost pre workout, noticable results. eventually get used to it only after a week.

Generic Name: fat burner
Brand: SAN Tight
Comments: surprisingly strong, noticable results. best legal fat burner on the market. highly reccommended.

my hands hurt, thats about all i can think of off the top of my head. ive pretty much tried everything in the store almost

1-Cent
08-22-2005, 11:14 PM
lol GNC Mega Mass gainer, I remember back when I was alot younger I went into GNC and this lady in there convinced me her husband gained like 30lbs on that stuff in 1 month so I bought like 4 of them and didn't gain a single pound. Damn being an ecto... GNC took me for a lot of cash before I started reading up on what I was buying

Diesel
08-23-2005, 12:07 AM
i'm starting to research alot of the smaller, lesser known supplement companies -- great products, even greater quality, but they don't advertise a lot like Muscletech or Weider used to...

check out www.bulknutrition.com

some decent articles too...

thinmyster
08-23-2005, 09:07 AM
ive been eating the advantage protein bars with (~24g of protein) pretty damn good considering... could someone shed some light on these and their effectivness compared to other types and forms of protein? (when and how much should i consume?)

5hift
08-23-2005, 10:17 AM
A little off topic, but Wildcat about the tight, how often do you take it or in what amounts. Im only taking one a day as per the bottle's recommendations, but everything who takes it seems to take more than this.

Wildcat
08-23-2005, 11:04 AM
^i took 2 at one time once and i was bouncing off the walls. lol, to cut weight i reccomend taking it 3 times daily, once first thing in the morning, another sometime in the afternoon and the last one sometime before 5pm, as it might mess with your sleep.

Wildcat
08-23-2005, 11:06 AM
lol GNC Mega Mass gainer, I remember back when I was alot younger I went into GNC and this lady in there convinced me her husband gained like 30lbs on that stuff in 1 month so I bought like 4 of them and didn't gain a single pound. Damn being an ecto... GNC took me for a lot of cash before I started reading up on what I was buying

:werd: GNC =general nutrition crooks, ive dropped some cash in that store too. :banghead:

hockeybronx
08-23-2005, 11:41 AM

Maybe you should know what the hell you are talking about before you say anything at all.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77121

403 Forbidden
08-23-2005, 11:51 AM
And? What's your point?

My comment was in reference to this laughable "information":

synthol is just steriods without the active ingredient of testosterone. an oil based vit b12 will have the same effects.

So keep it down smart guy.

hockeybronx
08-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Brand: Interactive Nutrition ISO Whey
Comments: My first protein product, had reasonable gains on it but also because this was when I became aware of protein intake in my diet. Price was astronomical $115.00 for 5lb tub so I quit once I found www.supplementscanada.com
Rating: ***

Brand: Prolab Whey Protein
Comments: Pretty good product with a good price, it's not really going to make or break someones workout regime, it's a good supplement to have in a shake.
Rating: ****

Brand: Prolab Pro Whey
Comments: One of the best priced proteins out there, $40.00 for 5lb, a solid produt, had it in chocolate and really started to get sick of the tase. I'm ready to try something new!
Rating: ***

Generic Name: Creatine Blend
Brand: Interactive Nutrition Creatine High Octane
Comments: My first creatine product, didn't do a lot for me. I hadn't done much research so I was paranoid about possible side-effects of creatine. Was quite expensive and came in extremely small tubs.
Rating: *

Generic Name: Creatine Blend
Brand: Champion Nutrition Creatine Xtreme
Comments: Started usage after I had done more research on creatine. Used only a small dosage though, 2 half scoops per day mixed with the transporters. Gained some water weight and noticed a difference, wont use my entire life though.

Comments: Used as a creatine transporter, comes free in small tubs with the creatine, too small to be able to credit any gains.
Rating: *

Generic Name: Glutamine
Comments: Used as a creatine transporter, comes free in small tubs with creatine. I recognize the value of glutamine in muscle recovery, but it's hard to credit this product with any gains.
Rating:

Generic Name: Multi-Vitamin
Brand: Centrum Forte
Comments: It says it gives me a list of vitamins and minerals... pop one a day and forget about it!

Generic Name: Multi-Vitamin
Brand: Centrum Performance
Comments: A step up from the above, it gives me a few more vitamins in different amounts. Pop it and forget about it.
Rating: ****

thinmyster
08-23-2005, 12:11 PM
any news on the bars?

hockeybronx
08-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster
any news on the bars?

Many of these meal replacement or protein bars are just loaded with useless carbohydrates, that's why they taste so great.

Now this Atkins one you are talking about claims to only have 2.5 grams of "digestable" carbohydrates (whatever that means) per bar. They also claim to be a good source of vitamin C, Zinc, and Calcium.

I don't see any problem with you taking them, just don't take them too seriously. They should be replacing meals, I'd just use them as a supplement and have them in my car or whatever so I could grab one when I'm hungry.

They definitely aren't going to make or break your fitness, there aren't any side-effects associated with them... perhaps other than the price, these bars all get pretty expensive.

Grab one a day and you'll be fine, just make sure you are working out hard and also eating your 6 healthy meals everyday.

403 Forbidden
08-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Here's the news: eat real food not chocolate bars masquerading as something else.

three.eighteen.
08-25-2005, 09:56 PM

Many of these meal replacement or protein bars are just loaded with useless carbohydrates, that's why they taste so great.

Now this Atkins one you are talking about claims to only have 2.5 grams of "digestable" carbohydrates (whatever that means) per bar.

fibre is a carb too, but you can't digest it:devil:

lastprodigy
08-26-2005, 10:02 AM
hey Wildcat....do you find this "Tight" product is better thant using epehdrine/caffeine?? ... where can you get that...

Diesel
08-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
hey Wildcat....do you find this "Tight" product is better thant using epehdrine/caffeine?? ... where can you get that...

tight is a good product - so is Lipo 6, can be found at Better Bodies on 16th across from Peters Drive Inn.

89coupe
08-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Tight is a terrible product and should be avoided. It contains Yohimbine which is a component of Yohimbe and can have very harmful side effects if abused.

Read here http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/PrintablePages/herbMonograph/0,11475,4048,00.html

bspot
08-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Holy shit.. you guys are walking chem labs :eek:

403 Forbidden
08-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Tight is a terrible product and should be avoided. It contains Yohimbine which is a component of Yohimbe and can have very harmful side effects if abused.

Read here http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/PrintablePages/herbMonograph/0,11475,4048,00.html

Go drink some gasoline.

lastprodigy
08-26-2005, 02:52 PM

Go drink some gasoline.

is this comment in favor of or not of the product? :dunno:

also, any eca users....what heart rate would be considered too high during cardio....in my case about a hard 30 mins everyday?

Diesel
08-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

key word here is "abused".....if used as directed it is safe.

89coupe
08-26-2005, 02:56 PM
Does the truth hurt? :cry:

Go drink some gasoline.

89coupe
08-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeh, and what does it say right on the bottle. Do not exceed one pill per day. How many of you have taken more then one a day?

Originally posted by Diesel

key word here is "abused".....if used as directed it is safe.

1-Cent
08-26-2005, 06:01 PM

Go drink some gasoline.

lol you're hilarious bro

Yohimbine is not harmful at all 89coupe no worries, gotta question what you read bro, that site looks to me like its rehashing warning inserts, not reliable anyway

403 Forbidden
08-26-2005, 09:14 PM
1-Cent, what's crackin?

Anyway, I tried to see what my max bench was the other night and it was just taking waaay too long as I started too light.

I warmed up with 335lbs for a couple sets of three to get things rolling. Then I started adding 5lbs per side to the original 335lbs for sets of three - anyway, I got up to 385lbs for three and quit as I was annoyed. I'll try again in a couple days but I'll start out at 385lbs and add 5lbs each consecutive set. I'd like to see 425lbs - four plates and two 10lbs per side. That would be alright.

Deads I've done 455 with no straps. With straps I've done 585 - six plates for a single.

Not bad for a skinny white guy. But really who gives a fuck anyway - it's just for decoration.

http://i.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/gangs/images/02.jpg

2.4l
08-27-2005, 03:44 PM
my mealplan a ex- competitive bodybuilder made for me, you feel like your gona puke every 3 1/2 hours but it will stack you up better then your average waste of supplements and its ALL 100% natural, so the muscle and strength you gain stays with you, and dosent dwindle away even if you stop the meal plan.. great for staking on big weight and muscle the NATURAl way
side effects- feeling bloated, stuffing down ALLOT of food.
positives- good protien, carbs, calories, good fuel..

MONSTER MAX weight gainer- hardgainer with a shitload of 1000 calories carbs and 52 grams of protien per serving, all natural food supplement. great for helping stack on more lean weight and muscle if you have troulbe eating allot daily ( those with ripped tummys feel my pain, fat boys keep eating)
side effects- well before my body got used to it i had EXPLOSIVE shits from it, now its not so bad, allot of big farts though probly not the greatest to put down before you go on a date or something ahaha.:thumbsup:

403 Forbidden
08-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by 2.4l
so the muscle and strength you gain stays with you, and dosent dwindle away even if you stop the meal plan..

Not likely.

well before my body got used to it i had EXPLOSIVE shits from it, now its not so bad, allot of big farts though probly not the greatest to put down before you go on a date or something ahaha.:thumbsup:

There's a reason for that - the protein used in that product is garbage. Try something that uses 100% whey protein isolate instead of a blend of whey concentrate and isolate.

1-Cent
08-27-2005, 07:21 PM

There's a reason for that - the protein used in that product is garbage. Try something that uses 100% whey protein isolate instead of a blend of whey concentrate and isolate.

Probably because theres 1000 cals in his shake and only 53g of protien... theres 4 calories in every gram of protien, so 53*4=212 cals and 3.75 calories in every gram of carbs, thats 210g of carbs in one shake lol the only way to do that and have the powder be mixable without a cement truck is if the carbs were extremely simple, a lot of simple carbs will make you want to crap your pants haha time for a higher quality shake.

hockeybronx
08-27-2005, 08:39 PM

Probably because theres 1000 cals in his shake and only 53g of protien... theres 4 calories in every gram of protien, so 53*4=212 cals and 3.75 calories in every gram of carbs, thats 210g of carbs in one shake lol the only way to do that and have the powder be mixable without a cement truck is if the carbs were extremely simple, a lot of simple carbs will make you want to crap your pants haha time for a higher quality shake.

That's a pretty philosophical explanation but it makes sense.

It also can be used as the answer to the infamous "are all proteins the same" question.

1-Cent
08-27-2005, 08:42 PM

That's a pretty philosophical explanation but it makes sense.

It also can be used as the answer to the infamous "are all proteins the same" question.

True, but I don't have the lab equipment to incinerate his protien to give him an accurate calorie estimate lol I think its safe to assume however that theres a ton of simple carbs present in that shake.

SUPRAPHAT
08-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Has anyone tried Kre-Alkylyn? A few of my friends are using it with great results but I have yet to try it

Jason

1-Cent
08-31-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by SUPRAPHAT
Has anyone tried Kre-Alkylyn? A few of my friends are using it with great results but I have yet to try it

Jason

You won't see a difference in result between it and regular creatine, just in price. The only difference biologicly is that it doesn't readily convert to creatinine like regular creatine dose, so more can be absorbed in a smaller dosage and less "strain" on the liver. I took normal creatine for years on end and my creatinine values were never elevated even taking up to 20g a day. It makes more sense to buy cheaper creatine monohydrate and take a little extra.

reno97637
11-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Here are my reviews. Hope this helps a couple of you guys.

Product Name: All American Pharmaceutical's Kre-Alkalyn
Comments: This thing sucks! I didn't pay for these but I got a 15 day sample. Advertisements say 2 pills is 10g of buffered creatine but the label on the container says 1 pill has 2.5g of buffered creatine. I took one pill after every work out and after I went through the sample, I didn't get any stronger, my weight was still the same, and I didn't notice any physical changes. The company is a bit shady too so I would steer away from AAP.

Product Name: PrimaForce Nitrocharge
Comments: A basic nitric oxide type supplement. I got it for $39.99 in Winnipeg and I think Better Bodies might carry it soon. I was supposed to take in 10g a day but I mistakingly took 5g a day till I finished the bottle. Strength was the same, mass was the same, but I noticed I was getting more lean and defined. I'd buy it again to see if there would be a difference if I took it correctly and if I stacked it with creatine. PrimaForce is also a reliable company.

Product Name: BSN's Mass Stack; Nitrix, NO-Xplode, Cellmass
Comments: Expensive stuff. I think all three came up to about $300, give or take $30. I only took NO-Xplode on training days, 6 Nitrix tablets per day (instructions says 9 per day), and I took Cellmass post workout. Doing this made the stack last for about a month. Mass and strength went up and as for physical changes, I'm definitely a lot thicker and my veins are popping out everywhere. I'd definitely be on this stack again.

Product Name:: Dymatize Xpand
Comments: I think this is the same price as NO-Xplode. I didn't really see much of a difference but my diet at the time wasn't that great. Maybe if I ate properly I would've seen a difference. I'd try it again but the Energized version.

Product Name:: MuscleTech GAKIC (powder)
Comments: I bought this because a reliable source says it works. Well, it helps with endurance but a 10.5% strength increase? Nope, does not do that at all. The tastes sucks big time. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I also hear the tablet form sucks too.

Product Name: Ultimate Nutrition's Tribulus and ZMA Stack
Comments: The ZMA and tribulus combo definitely helped with strength. Sex drive went up as well. Make sure you have a girlfriend or you'll be running in circles, haha. My cycle is over but I'll be on it again in 6 weeks.

Welp, that's it for now. I'll be posting more stuff later. Right now I'm on VPX's CEX, Muscle Nitrous, and Ultimate Nutrition's CreaPure.

bigbadboss101
11-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Too much work to put things in the nice format so I will just type away.

BSN stuff are expensive. I have used NOXplode and it's good stuff. When I use it, 40 minutes into the workout I get a 2nd wind. I would want to do more and more while my partner is pooped and want to go home. Got a headache when I first started. Very nice pump, and cool bulging veins.

Redline by VPX. Not cheap, but works well. Drink up 20 minutes before workout and my lifts all are up for that workout. Taste like caught medicine.

ON Whey. I use the 5lb tub. Take good, mixes well, does the job.