PDA

View Full Version : TEIN HA - adjusting the perches.

Skyline_Addict
08-21-2005, 01:03 AM
Hey guys, I have a set of TEIN HA on my Prelude right now. I have the 2 hook spanners that are supposed to cling on to the perches to get them to move (and adjust the height). That's the part where I'm stuck right now, I can't figure out how to get the perches to move using the hook spanners or how to get them to "hook" the perches right so I can turn them. Am I doing anything wrong? Hopefully someone here who is familiar with adjustable coil overs, specifically the TEIN HA can help me out.

Thanks

Skyline_Addict
08-21-2005, 01:04 AM
I tried looking online for some pictorial/video tutorials, but couldn't find any, so if someone can find me some, that'd be awesome.

GTS Jeff
08-21-2005, 08:13 AM
Well teh perches may need to be unlocked first by undoing a little screw that clamps the perch to the sleeve.

1-Bar
08-21-2005, 12:58 PM
for the teins, I believe its the same as any other height adjustable shock. You have the lock ring (the bottom one) and the perch ring (the top one). You have to crack the bottom one counter clock wise while holding the top ring.

Just hold the hooks like this: hold the top one with your left hand and hold the bottom one with your right hand and push. They should crack pretty easily.......

Skyline_Addict
08-21-2005, 01:35 PM
got it, i'll go at it again! thanks guys.

1-Bar
08-21-2005, 04:47 PM
if they are still stuck, put the wrenches together in the same direction with one a notch or two off and squeeze them together. I believe to loosen it, the wrenches need to be to the left.....gl :thumbsup: