PDA

View Full Version : SRT-4 vs 300ZX

MiniMan
08-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Not too sure who or which SRT-4 it was as there's so many of them in the city... but I saw him gunning it going 100km/hr or more in a 60. The SRT-4 was an orange color, with windows that looked misty and blue underglow in the back window. After he screamed passed me, he got hung up at the next set of lights. Well, sure enough I end up right behind him and the two lane becomes one as we go through an area of construction. As we get back onto some good quality road, he pulls into the right lane doing 50 in a 60 zone. As I pull up beside him I hear his BOV crack twice and he see him looking over at me. I crack my BOVs once in neutral and the next thing you know he's stomped on it and he's got about 2 lengths on me. So I toss it into 2nd and absolutely floor it. As I hit boost in 2nd my back wheels start to break free, but surpringly didn't spin too bad. I look up ahead and the road starts to gradually curve; I'm in the outside lane with the SRT-4 in the inside lane. Mid way through the corner I've closed the gap to half a length and by the time we exited the corner we were doing speeds in excess of 200km/hr. As we came back onto a straight bit of road I start to pull ahead of him only by 4-5ft. I see a red light up ahead and the turn I have to make is at that set of lights... so I let off, pushed the "stop now" pedal and pulled in behind the SRT-4. As I got behind him, I stuck my signal on, flashed my lights and hoped he would pull in too, but to no avail. I wouldn't mind knowing what mods were done to that car... cause god damn it was quick.

Sorry, no pictures besides of my Z (which is for sale):
http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/11895vancouver_113-med.jpg

If anyone happens to know what's done to that SRT-4, please post up.

As a side note, the Z32 is a "Stage 9" w/o NOS and underdrive pulleys. It's currently only running 10.5psi of boost or so, but should be able to make 15psi once tuned.

Corey

ninjak84
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Holy, nice 300zx!

Fez_turbo
08-22-2005, 10:31 PM
good story.:thumbsup:

my heart would be beating hardcore if that was me.

MiniMan
08-22-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Fez_turbo
my heart would be beating hardcore if that was me.
Hoooooly shit was it ever. I was so focused on the curve in the road, looking for any bumps and keeping all thoughts on the car. I don't think I took a breath for literally half a minute. Needless to say, closest race I've had yet (only other "real" races I've had were against a late 90s vette and a mid 90s camaro).

Corey

DelSoln
08-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Beautiful Z. Would hate to see it wrapped around a pole. Keep it on the track next time.

JCX
08-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Darwin missed...

Phuqu
08-23-2005, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by JCX
Darwin missed...

Isn't that the guy from Hootie and the Blowfish??

Freebs
08-23-2005, 04:13 AM
it might have been the ACR SRT-4... i think they do like 13.5 or low 13's in stock form with just a set of slicks..... i could be way off though.

duffspec
08-23-2005, 06:29 AM
You craZy man! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

R-Audi
08-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Ugh...
Did you blow out the floor panels to your car too Brian??

heavyD
08-23-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Freebs
it might have been the ACR SRT-4... i think they do like 13.5 or low 13's in stock form with just a set of slicks..... i could be way off though.

ACR's have no extra power than regular SRT-4's. The only advantage they have over a regular SRT-4 is smaller/wider 16" wheels/tires compared to the larger/skinnier 17" on the regular ones and slightly lower center of gravity due to lower spring perches on the custom Tokico Illumina shocks.

speedracer
08-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

ACR's have no extra power than regular SRT-4's. The only advantage they have over a regular SRT-4 is smaller/wider 16" wheels/tires compared to the larger/skinnier 17" on the regular ones and slightly lower center of gravity due to lower spring perches on the custom Tokico Illumina shocks.

And weight reduction

schurchill39
08-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Nice car but i dont think this is the best place to come and talk about a street race. 200km per hour on a city street? You want to kill yourself or worst off some one else? Keep it on the track

JCX
08-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

And weight reduction

I believe the ACR SRT-4's weigh basically the same. They have the same interior, A/C and all that jazz. Just the wheels and suspension are different for the most part. Plus the pretty badges and seats with harness slots. :angel:

calgarys13
08-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by MiniMan
I just bagged my car in a race against an srt-4...btw its for sale!

heavyD
08-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by JCX
I believe the ACR SRT-4's weigh basically the same. They have the same interior, A/C and all that jazz. Just the wheels and suspension are different for the most part. Plus the pretty badges and seats with harness slots. :angel:

Correct. Any weight reductions are minimal.

turbo minivan
08-23-2005, 05:28 PM
now thats a good story! "street racing is bad".. yadda... yadda..
but we all know, this is a prime example of what a "street encounter" should be! unles your into 18 of the same post about seeing a lambo but dont have a pic, or its off a cell phone!
you sound dangerous, but a good story indeed!:thumbsup:

Freebs
08-24-2005, 03:31 AM
heavyD - thank you for the correction, i was just under the impression they had more power as well for some reason... well then i guess i was way off...

schurchill39
08-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Man of course, heavy D knows everything.... and if you dare argue with him prepare for a bitch slap:thumbsup:

adrianracer
08-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
Man of course, heavy D knows everything.... and if you dare argue with him prepare for a bitch slap:thumbsup:

Maybe you should appreciate a guy who is obviously a car nut and spends a lot of time educating himself and sharing that info. with you. Sounds like you are envious that you know little?? He is right once again!!

403Gemini
08-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Ugh...
Did you blow out the floor panels to your car too Brian??

hah im just guessing danger to manfold

ZorroAMG
08-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Wow, this thread is a gem.

Your 300ZX sounds slow, you need NAWS two bottles harry, the big ones.

:rolleyes:

talonboi
08-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Wow, this thread is a gem.

Your 300ZX sounds slow, you need NAWS two bottles harry, the big ones.

:rolleyes:

and he needs them by tonight:drama:

dmtx
08-25-2005, 09:52 AM
That is a one neat Z....

dmtx
08-25-2005, 09:57 AM
BTW, I have yet seen an orange SRT4. I've seen a killer SRT4 in red color with black rims (atleast 18") and tinted all the way... running atleast 120 by himself on a 60kmh road.... an awesome looking car....

sputnik
08-25-2005, 10:38 AM
DUDE! Dats whack y0!!!111

Da SRT4 is jus a NE0N ne-wayz. No1 likez it cuz it duznt look as cool as yer Z! Jus put in a bigger turbo n shit like more nawz n you they will be hating you in yer rear view mirror!

keep on it bro... can you out run da po-po?

arian_ma
09-06-2005, 06:40 PM
nice car

Rockski
09-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

hah im just guessing danger to manfold

sure wouldnt want damage to my man fold

schurchill39
09-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by adrianracer

Maybe you should appreciate a guy who is obviously a car nut and spends a lot of time educating himself and sharing that info. with you. Sounds like you are envious that you know little?? He is right once again!!

Oh sorry if i came across the wrong way I wasnt in anyway trying to make fun of heavy D. I have been around for a while and am still amazed at his knowledge and his willingness to share that knowledge where ever he can. You are right, i am envious as i do know very little compared to him, but thats why i am here: to learn.

shabari2000
09-10-2005, 02:02 PM
hahah therse people are whoring your thread, I should have been there to see it then u copuld have killed my srt-4 too
try t o do that ion your New car :thumbsup:

adrianracer
09-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by shabari2000
hahah therse people are whoring your thread, I should have been there to see it then u copuld have killed my srt-4 too
try t o do that ion your New car :thumbsup:
At least our posts are readable, and have something reasonably intelligent to say!:english:

Lo)2enz0
09-12-2005, 03:23 PM
man I had a race just exactly like your!!

except it was in a video game

be smart and don't do dumbshit like that. there is a reason why there are speed limits posted. even if its late at night and some asshole wants to race, flip him the bird and mind your own business. at speeds like that and on calgary roads you never know what is going to happen and the last thing i want to see is something like this on the news the next day:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100864

just because your car is fast doesn't mean that you need to prove it.

Godfuader
09-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
man I had a race just exactly like your!!

except it was in a video game

be smart and don't do dumbshit like that. there is a reason why there are speed limits posted. even if its late at night and some asshole wants to race, flip him the bird and mind your own business. at speeds like that and on calgary roads you never know what is going to happen and the last thing i want to see is something like this on the news the next day:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100864

just because your car is fast doesn't mean that you need to prove it.

:werd: Keep it on the track Brian Spilner!