PDA

View Full Version : Working out twice a day

LUDELVR
08-22-2005, 09:32 PM
I've had a few friends as well as seen many people who work out twice a day. I'm not sure about what they do, but what do you guys think about this? What is the recommended exercises as well as reps and weights etc. for working out two times a day?
If you do work out twice a day or know of a good program, let me see it please and thanks. :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
08-22-2005, 10:06 PM
I don't see how it can be. Part of the trick is working out, but the other half is allowing your muscles tissues to heal after being torn. Once these muscle tissues heal, they become thicker and you slowly see results.

Of course, it all depends on what they're doing in those workout sessions.

1-Cent
08-22-2005, 10:28 PM
The only reason you'd do that is if you did cardio in the AM and weight training in the PM

cavalieracing
08-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Theres lots of substances that help your muscles to repair quicker. If you work out in the morning b4 work and after work thats 8 hours for your muscles to get ready for more fibre tearing!

natejj
08-22-2005, 11:39 PM
As long as you dont do the same stuff, you should be ok...

I heard a while back of this one kind of training... you Absolutely destroy the same muscle, over and over, and over, giving it no time to heal... like for 4 days in a row, just do arms or something... and it absolutely explodes the next week... Not supposed to be done without the supervision of an expert physio though...

Just something i heard.

1-Cent
08-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by cavalieracing
Theres lots of substances that help your muscles to repair quicker. If you work out in the morning b4 work and after work thats 8 hours for your muscles to get ready for more fibre tearing!

fraid not bro, not even steroids will allow for that, most muscle groups require 72-96 hours to heal, the only exception is abs which only need 24-36 hours. Training the same muscle more than once every 6 days and you're asking for overtraining and a high likelyhood of injury. You'll lose muscle if anything working the same group every 8 hours.

... Working legs in the AM and chest in the PM is possible, but you'd be pre-exausted from the morning workout and its doubtful you'd be able to consume enough protien and carbs to be able to support that much growth in a day. Less is more in bodybuilding.

K271
08-23-2005, 05:53 AM
So not a good idea to work out twice. Muscle tissue needs time to heal. When you work out you stretch the tissue which builds the muscle but you need to allow the tissue to shrink after a work out. Each time you work the muscle it stretches a little bit which is how muscles grow. Like others who have posted, if you work out twice, you can blow up your muscles and second because you are fatigued from an earlier work out the second work out is pointless as you are not giving full strength to the work out. Go for a run and then work out. No one needs to work out twice in one day. You won't get bigger or more in shape because you go twice in one day.

Carfanman
08-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Why do you want to work out twice a day anyway? Do you need to get big or lose weight really quickly for something?

Wildcat
08-23-2005, 06:36 PM
^jay cutler is the only ifbb pro that does 1 day splits and hes definetly not trying to get bigger, just more definition and muscle density.

split day workouts are tricky, you need to eat alot of calories. definetly not for a gym newbie.