PDA

View Full Version : wtf brad pitt spotted in calgary?!

eNeRgY
08-23-2005, 04:19 AM
http://www.canada.com/calgary/calgaryherald/news/story.html?

A_3
08-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Yeah, I believe he's in town shooting a movie. A guy I work with is an extra in it. I could be mistaken but I believe he owns/owned a house in the Bragg Creek area.

izzoblitzo
08-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Someone at work ran a check, no.. Brad Pitt doesnt have property in Calgary. :)

sputnik
08-23-2005, 07:18 AM
A friend of mine is working in the art department of that movie. They have all signed HUGE confidentiality agreements to ensure the location of the shoot isnt leaked.

toyboy88
08-23-2005, 07:59 AM
ya yesterday he was like front page news..."finally spotted with pics" LOL its like the EVO8 thread haha :drama:

jdmakkord
08-23-2005, 08:07 AM
My sister seated him at the verve downtown last week. He seems to like that restaraunt quite a bit, a few spottings at the two locations.

Phy
08-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Wonder how many people try to fight him.

djayz
08-23-2005, 10:34 AM
haha wasnt he at some club recruiting chicks for his new flick?
tantra or something?

Def_3
08-23-2005, 10:36 AM
my gf's salon is doing his hair and the casts, pretty cool around there

they were at royale tyrelle museum last night with the kids

Pitt's Jolie dinosaur day
BANG

(BANG) - Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have enjoyed a family day out with the actress's children.

The Hollywood couple looked happy and relaxed at a dinosaur exhibition in Canada's Royal Tyrell Museum with Angelina's adopted kids, four-year-old Maddox and baby Zahara.

Onlookers claim little Zahara particularly enjoyed the visit.

One told America's People magazine: "She was smiling and giggling - she was so adorable."

Museum spokeswoman Wendy Taylor revealed to Canada's Calgary Sun newspaper: "They did not ask us to close the museum for an after-hours visit or to be given any special treatment.

"The other people in the museum at the time were very respectful. No one approached them."

However, Angelina and Brad, who met on the set of 'Mr and Mrs Smith', were forced to leave the museum through a back exit after a crowd of fans gathered outside.

Brad - who recently signed divorce papers from ex-wife Jennifer Aniston - is currently in Canada filming new movie 'The Assassination of Jesse James'.

The Canadian Press BANG Media International

heavyD
08-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Phy

Why would anyone want to fight him? Unless they are a jealous idiot or thug, what would be the point? I envy a guy that makes millions of dollars, had Jennifer Aniston and now has Angelina Jolie or pretty well any woman on the planet. Hate & jealousy is for lowlifes.:thumbsdow

Troy
08-23-2005, 10:55 AM
thought he was shooting a movie in edmonton aswell?

atomic
08-23-2005, 11:09 AM
$9 / hour to be an extra . :whocares:

pitwipe
08-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by atomic
$9 / hour to be an extra . :whocares:
Are you kidding? I'd love to be in a movie. Not everything is about money.

Davetronz
08-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Yup he is in town shooting a movie...
Also keep your eye out for any of the kids from the OC or Dawsons creek as they are also filming a movie in town called "September Dawn"...
I was working on a laptop for one of the producers a few days ago :thumbsup:

Street_Soldier
08-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Yeah most of the shooting is going to happen in Edmonton, I guess they are going to do shots here too.

edit: if you want to be an extra you can look in the FFwd at the back they have an add. You have to be a cowboy looking person or Hispanic.

Hakkola
08-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Why would anyone want to fight him? Unless they are a jealous idiot or thug, what would be the point? I envy a guy that makes millions of dollars, had Jennifer Aniston and now has Angelina Jolie or pretty well any woman on the planet. Hate & jealousy is for lowlifes.:thumbsdow

:rofl: He was in fight club, remember? ;)

Lexxan
08-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
And you think his house would actually be under his name? lol.

sputnik
08-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

:rofl: He was in fight club, remember? ;)

That wasnt Brad Pitt... it was Ed Norton beating himself up. :rofl:

That being said. Apparently (according to my friend in the art dept) his stunt double looks EXACTLY like him.

Godfuader
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by A_3
Yeah, I believe he's in town shooting a movie. A guy I work with is an extra in it. I could be mistaken but I believe he owns/owned a house in the Bragg Creek area.

Im pretty sure it was in Canmore that he had a house with Jennifer and ppl said he used to ride his quad lots.:dunno:

DJ Lazy
08-23-2005, 12:58 PM

Yes, he did, Well not in Calgary per-say.

Jennifer Aniston and Him had a place out in the Bragg Creek area... They also looked into purchasing the SMED mansion out in Priddis.

Aleks
08-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

That being said. Apparently (according to my friend in the art dept) his stunt double looks EXACTLY like him.

Damn it! I guess I can't keep my other job a secret forever :banghead: :rofl:

dcoultis
08-23-2005, 02:16 PM
i wana see angelina jolie!!!

abyss
08-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe

Being an extra is actually pretty fun, I got to be a chippie in the Sam Elliot western they shot in Calgary. It's neat to see it finished after watching it being made piece by piece. Also when you're getting paid $9/hr to stand there and look pretty or walk down a street it's really not that bad at all, free food and stuff too.

dcoultis
08-23-2005, 02:18 PM
hey what happened to that last post?:confused:

Hakkola
08-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Yes, he did, Well not in Calgary per-say.

Jennifer Aniston and Him had a place out in the Bragg Creek area... They also looked into purchasing the SMED mansion out in Priddis.

It's sad that I know this, but didn't he deny owning a house in Canada? He's one of my favorite actors, but :whocares:

finboy
08-23-2005, 05:32 PM
i don't get why this is such a huge deal :dunno:

asp integra
08-23-2005, 05:54 PM
ya, some people just blow stuff out of proportion, who cares if a famous person is in town, the only good thing is that its good for calgary tourism/economy because more movies are gonna be shot here and its more exposure for our city, also my company makes all the western boots for this movie, we just finished making frontier boots for robert duval who is also in this movie

Nalgene
08-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

Im pretty sure it was in Canmore that he had a house with Jennifer and ppl said he used to ride his quad lots.:dunno:

Thats such a rumor, along with the whole Smed mansion thing. They looked at buying a house here but it never fell through.

Seanith
08-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by finboy
i don't get why this is such a huge deal :dunno:

because brad pitt = :eek: :love:

lol..

SuPhistiKatEd
08-23-2005, 08:54 PM
He was spotted playing golf a week ago by one of the course marshalls at Stewart Creek Golf and Country Club. Funny though, he doesn't strike me as the golfing type.

Mr_John
08-23-2005, 09:08 PM
he was also spotted playing golf at the Valley Ridge Golf Club

ZorroAMG
08-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Phy

WTF? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by djayz
haha wasnt he at some club recruiting chicks for his new flick?
tantra or something?

That was at the Mynt, it had nothing to do with him and everything to do with getting people to the bar for a publicity stunt. It was an extras casting call done by low end casting directors that have as much pull on that set as saddam hussein. Dumb people wasting a day thinking they'd get to meet Brad. :rofl:

The movie is being filmed in both Calgary and Edmonton (45% calgary 55% Edm) and it's official name is The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Brad plays JJ and Casey Affleck plays Robert Ford.

Also Robert Duvall is shooting a mini series here as we speak called Daughters of Joy.

I had 2 auditions for JJ (one scene would be with Brad) and 2 for Daughters of joy ( again 1 with duvall, one without)...they are going to be great projects IMO and it's great for our Calgary industry. Last year Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger were here for Brokeback mountain and about 2 months ago I saw Ray Liotta who was here for Comeback Season. They are currently casting a movie with Matthew Perry here in town as well. Lots going on, I just need more auditions! :D

BerserkerCatSplat
08-23-2005, 10:52 PM
On a related note, they're still looking for (get this) a hand double for the movie. They need someone that is missing the top part of their middle finger, I think. There was a blurb on it in the Sun yesterday.

MrPid
08-23-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
A friend of mine is working in the art department of that movie. They have all signed HUGE confidentiality agreements to ensure the location of the shoot isnt leaked.

I heard from very reliable source - House in Bragg Creek - Not under his name - wants his privacy.

Shooting Location - Try the old Fortress ski hill site...

But :whocares: about him - bring on Angelina...

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe

speaking of extras, anyone else here was an extra in shanghai noon? :rofl:

izzoblitzo
08-24-2005, 12:34 AM
There's rumors going on everywhere. For all we know, Brad Pitt was shopping at the Superstore in Westhills.:nut:

Everyone said Mel Gibson owned a place in Bragg Creek. Every big celeb that comes to town always "falls in love" with this place, and 'purchases' property.

Most of the time, they will end up living in swanky hotels under their management/publicist names or in the case of say.... Jackie Chan when he came, they just rented a place nearby for him. He's actually a pretty cool guy... my dad was a musician on Shanghai Noon and had a change to talk to him between takes..

I've been an extra on movies before.. the most famous people I've met/seen... Milla Jovovich and Nastassja Kinski (movie called The Claim filmed in Nakiska), Summer Pheonix (Jauquin Pheonix's younger sister), Nick Stahl (john conner from T3), Busy Philipps, Lindsay Felton, Mark Harmon to name a few... I think I only got 8bux an hour as a background extra back then.. except for Caitlin's way the TV show.. I got 25bux an hour for that... I have my episodes on tape.. I was basketball player #2. hahaha

but rule of thumb is to not talk to them.. they can get angry with you if they're the moody ones.. but I've talked to some.

Well... anybody who's anybody that owns a home in Calgary we'll know down at work! There's alot of diehard movie buffs and star gazers in my department so if someone famous buys a home in his name under title.. we'll be the first to know! Some of our Calgary Flames actually live in very modest homes!

Street_Soldier
08-24-2005, 12:40 AM
^^ Which Flames and where??

Kobe
08-24-2005, 12:41 AM
There's rumors going on everywhere. For all we know, Brad Pitt was shopping at the Superstore in Westhills.:nut:

Well... anybody who's anybody that owns a home in Calgary we'll know down at work! There's alot of diehard movie buffs and star gazers in my department so if someone famous buys a home in his name under title.. we'll be the first to know! Some of our Calgary Flames actually live in very modest homes!

I remember meeting a few flames at superstore, anyways....:hijack: Didn't one of the flames own that big white house on top of the numbers in Signal hill...
That house is soo nice from the back, but the front it looks like ass :barf:

nismodrifter
08-24-2005, 12:53 AM
I think the house with brick chimneys own both sides was owned by Fleury back in the day

cityhunter2501
08-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by dcoultis
i wana see angelina jolie!!!

qft..thats all I want to see aswell

izzoblitzo
08-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Street_Soldier
^^ Which Flames and where??

I cant release details or anything like that... :D

All I can say is... Conroy sold his house as soon as he knew he was gonna leave town... Iggy owns a <b>nice<b> modest dwelling, And a few are really very low key... they are your neighbors.. just wouldnt really realize it.

except for Mike Vernon... his house was very publicized last year cos he was building a huge massive house on the river.

a retired Minnesota Vikings football player (I think it was the kicker, Anderson)... he built a huge lodge/cabin style home in Canmore or Cochrane.. I cant remember which.

the big white house on top of Signal Hill is styled very much to Calvin Klein's old house in the Hamptons (New York)

mac_82
08-24-2005, 01:08 AM
I thought the big white house was owned by Nieuwendyk back in the day. Gelinas had a house in Scarborough, not sure if he will be keeping it or not.

izzoblitzo
08-24-2005, 01:12 AM
I just cant really see stars.. especially american stars buying property in Alberta in general.. I mean.. whats there to do here... why in Canada?? They can have all of this in Aspen Colorado... Wyomming... Montana.. stay within the USA!

With their busy schedules, there's just really no point in having a stopover home in a place like Springbank or Lethbridge! Stars usually have a home on the west coast, and then a home on the east coast!

If I was an American Star, and decided on a Canadian spot... I'd have a home probably in the outskirts of Vancouver.. or a home outside Toronto.

In BC, they can have the mountains, the lakes, and all the other kinds of weather they're used to!

if a major star had a home, or was looking for a home here, Im sure the media would have been ALL over it by now.. and way MANY more sightings... not just "a friend of a friend of mine saw him on the C-Train" or "I heard from my sister's friend that her dad sold so and so a Toyota Prius the other day" etc etc... The news would still be big... Mel Gibson comes to town, Brad Pitt comes to town.. it's all crazy hype right now, because they're here to do movies.. but when they buy property... nobody cares? George Bush came like, last year? All of a sudden people are saying he wants to retire in Airdrie because he likes hunting deer... c'mon folks!!! dont believe everything you hear!

My cousin's good friends with Kelly Hrudey's daughter.. he lives in a really nice house in the southwest not far from me... has a few nice toys in his garage! For her 16th birthday, she begged him for a VW beetle.. and when she opened her present, it was one of those model VW beetles... she flips open the mini trunk... and inside was a set of keys to a brand new beetle sitting on her driveway/dealer lot or something like that.

Kobe
08-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Remember a few flames lived in Evergreen back in the days aswell...

o yah izzoblitzo I keep seeing your car around my area now lol....

tapout
08-24-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by finboy
i don't get why this is such a huge deal :dunno: :werd: :whocares:

djayz
08-24-2005, 02:14 AM
haha fluery used to live in coral springs...was neighbors with some friends of my parents

MrPid
08-24-2005, 06:31 AM
I just cant really see stars.. especially american stars buying property in Alberta in general.. I mean.. whats there to do here... why in Canada?? They can have all of this in Aspen Colorado... Wyomming... Montana.. stay within the USA!

With their busy schedules, there's just really no point in having a stopover home in a place like Springbank or Lethbridge! Stars usually have a home on the west coast, and then a home on the east coast!

If I was an American Star, and decided on a Canadian spot... I'd have a home probably in the outskirts of Vancouver.. or a home outside Toronto.

If you were a star and had Pitts kind of cash to play with, why wouldn't you buy a house and live in it if you had to be at the location shooting for a while? Especially when it's in a market that's not going anywhere but up and you know for sure when it resells it's going to be pushed as "The house that Brad Pitt lived in" by every realtor this side of the Rockies.

Hakkola
08-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
I think the house with brick chimneys own both sides was owned by Fleury back in the day

German Titov lived a couple blocks from me, his daughter was friends with my sister, she's a model and FINE!

Kobe
08-24-2005, 01:34 PM

German Titov lived a couple blocks from me, his daughter was friends with my sister, she's a model and FINE!

isn't she only like 17 or 18???

rage2
08-24-2005, 01:40 PM
hehe I guess Angelina's here too :love:.

Pitt and Jolie Tour Dinosaur Museum

Brad Pitt marked the impending end of his marriage to Jennifer Aniston with a visit to a Canadian dinosaur museum with rumored lover Angelina Jolie. The couple's four-year marriage was terminated in Los Angeles on Friday, but their "marital partnership" will not officially end until October. Over the weekend, Pitt entertained Jolie and her son Maddox, who came to visit him in Calgary, Alberta, where he is due to begin filming The Assassination Of Jesse James next week. The Mr. And Mrs. Smith co-stars and four-year-old Maddox enjoyed a tour of the Royal Tyrrell Museum near Drumheller on Saturday, confirms the museum's spokeswoman Wendy Taylor. Taylor enthuses, "They did not ask us to close the museum or for an after-hours visit or any special treatment. They arrived around 7pm and stayed for an hour. The other people in the museum at the time were very respectful. The only unfortunate thing was that word leaked out and quite a crowd collected outside the main entrance, so we had to find an alternate exit for them. They are both very down-to-earth people and most appreciative."

Kirbs17
08-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Im gonna put money down that Brad is staying at this house, exactly like he did when he stayed here for the filming of legends of the fall. He paid the home owner $30000 a month to stay there last time. With all the renovations and huge landscaping that went on, with the deadline given, this is my bet:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9366/pictures0465pm.th.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures0465pm.jpg)

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/4262/pictures0390ow.th.jpg (http://img282.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures0390ow.jpg)

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8224/pictures0474si.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures0474si.jpg)

Nice view from the patio:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9587/pictures0537pc.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures0537pc.jpg)

toured the house during reno's: the master suite is 1200+ sq ft!! :eek:

Hakkola
08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

isn't she only like 17 or 18???

yeah, she was like 16 last time i saw her. But Hot damn! His wife is really good looking too, nice family, even took my sis with them for a bit when they moved to anaheim.

ca2p3r
08-24-2005, 03:23 PM
brick house signal hill = hart family house
pitt = bragg creek not canmore ... or used to be

izzoblitzo
08-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by MrPid

If you were a star and had Pitts kind of cash to play with, why wouldn't you buy a house and live in it if you had to be at the location shooting for a while? Especially when it's in a market that's not going anywhere but up and you know for sure when it resells it's going to be pushed as &quot;The house that Brad Pitt lived in&quot; by every realtor this side of the Rockies.

I just really dont think Brad Pitt is gonna buy a house in the area just for the what... two months that he's here. Stars dont just buy houses out of the blue.. they are just like any other person.. they have to see the house first. The guy makes 20-30 million a movie, so somehow buying say, a million dollar house and then flipping it over for any kind of profit when he leaves is somewhat hard to believe. And the types of houses stars would buy are hard for the average Calgarian to buy. And whatever house he'd buy, he'd have to spend ALOT of time in a local store.. and ALOT of money to furnish it too. And you would think realtors would use the "Brad Pitt used to live here" thing as a selling point... but we havent ever heard that. It's just general he said she said rumors going on here.

If Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, or even Angelina Jolie owned any kind of property in this area, it would be HUGE news. There would be sightings EVERYWHERE and on a regular basis.. The second night Brad Pitt was in Calgary, and the first time Angelina stepped off the plane, The Herald and the Sun both had pictures... but it's been 2-3 years supposedly that Bradd Pitt and Jennifer Aniston bought a place in Bragg creek... yet no sightings, no pictures, no news... and not even people coming forward to the whereabouts of this home.

dcoultis
08-24-2005, 11:29 PM
someone tell me where Aj is damn it.

ZorroAMG
08-25-2005, 12:43 AM
^He's on tour with the rest of the backstreet boys. Why the heated interest?

MrPid
08-25-2005, 02:07 AM

I just really dont think Brad Pitt is gonna buy a house in the area just for the what... two months that he's here. Stars dont just buy houses out of the blue.. they are just like any other person.. they have to see the house first. The guy makes 20-30 million a movie, so somehow buying say, a million dollar house and then flipping it over for any kind of profit when he leaves is somewhat hard to believe. And the types of houses stars would buy are hard for the average Calgarian to buy. And whatever house he'd buy, he'd have to spend ALOT of time in a local store.. and ALOT of money to furnish it too. And you would think realtors would use the &quot;Brad Pitt used to live here&quot; thing as a selling point... but we havent ever heard that. It's just general he said she said rumors going on here.

If Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, or even Angelina Jolie owned any kind of property in this area, it would be HUGE news. There would be sightings EVERYWHERE and on a regular basis.. The second night Brad Pitt was in Calgary, and the first time Angelina stepped off the plane, The Herald and the Sun both had pictures... but it's been 2-3 years supposedly that Bradd Pitt and Jennifer Aniston bought a place in Bragg creek... yet no sightings, no pictures, no news... and not even people coming forward to the whereabouts of this home.

What!!? Production companies (just like local oil companies) do buy houses, carry the expense (as an expensable cost of business of course) and yes, do sell the house when not needed at a profit or loss. You aren't actually naive enough to believe that a house would be actually bought and registered in his personal name are you? As per 2-3 years, I haven't a clue as to WTF you're referring to. I'm talking about now.

Yes, realtors would defiitely use whatever angle they could. The house I grew up in was actually marketed that way as a matter of fact. If a realtor thought they could sell a house to you on the basis that the pope lived in it, then they would definitely try.

Contrary to what you might think about furnishing a house of that size, many houses that size are sold furnished. A large portion of them are built or remodeled in conjunction with an interior designer that furnishes everything in the house and coordinates every color, etc.. It is not all that uncommon, and when a house of that nature is sold, it is sold furnished. Many individuals buying these sorts of houses are smart enough to know that their old furniture will not look right in the house and that they will end up redoing it all regardless.

Legends of the Fall was shot 10 years ago. They paid 30K a month for privacy then when he wasn't even that big of a star. If they do buy a house for him to live in, then in todays housing market they are assured that there is virtually no depreciation and the rental expense is far offset against a mortgage and even penalties if they stay for any time at all. Regardless, accommodations for the "star" are a part of the cost of production. The cost is budgeted for. period. end of story.

Privacy is very guarded amongst these people. People are paid to enforce it. There is lots of talk about Brad Pitt on this thread, but I see nothing of Robin Williams who was here last month shooting his new movie. He was shuttled all over the place in vehicles that were nondescript and pretty privacy oriented. You would not have noticed otherwise on the street if you had seen one and you would not have know that it was him inside.

MrPid
08-25-2005, 02:08 AM
... yet no sightings, no pictures, no news... and not even people coming forward to the whereabouts of this home.

Thank God!

A_3
08-25-2005, 06:56 AM

except for Mike Vernon... his house was very publicized last year cos he was building a huge massive house on the river.

It's on the new side of Elbow Valley, my mom sold him the house back in the day when she worked for Hopewell (the developer in charge of E.V.). A bunch of other Flames live there as well. Tony Lydman and Dean Macamond live down the road from each other. I remember during the playoff run Kipper was staying with Lydman and I saw him driving his X5, almost drove off the road because I was doing such a big double take.

izzoblitzo
08-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by MrPid

What!!? Production companies (just like local oil companies) do buy houses, carry the expense (as an expensable cost of business of course) and yes, do sell the house when not needed at a profit or loss. You aren't actually naive enough to believe that a house would be actually bought and registered in his personal name are you? As per 2-3 years, I haven't a clue as to WTF you're referring to. I'm talking about now.

Yes, realtors would defiitely use whatever angle they could. The house I grew up in was actually marketed that way as a matter of fact. If a realtor thought they could sell a house to you on the basis that the pope lived in it, then they would definitely try.

Contrary to what you might think about furnishing a house of that size, many houses that size are sold furnished. A large portion of them are built or remodeled in conjunction with an interior designer that furnishes everything in the house and coordinates every color, etc.. It is not all that uncommon, and when a house of that nature is sold, it is sold furnished. Many individuals buying these sorts of houses are smart enough to know that their old furniture will not look right in the house and that they will end up redoing it all regardless.

Legends of the Fall was shot 10 years ago. They paid 30K a month for privacy then when he wasn't even that big of a star. If they do buy a house for him to live in, then in todays housing market they are assured that there is virtually no depreciation and the rental expense is far offset against a mortgage and even penalties if they stay for any time at all. Regardless, accommodations for the &quot;star&quot; are a part of the cost of production. The cost is budgeted for. period. end of story.

Privacy is very guarded amongst these people. People are paid to enforce it. There is lots of talk about Brad Pitt on this thread, but I see nothing of Robin Williams who was here last month shooting his new movie. He was shuttled all over the place in vehicles that were nondescript and pretty privacy oriented. You would not have noticed otherwise on the street if you had seen one and you would not have know that it was him inside.

WHAT?? I was referring to Brad Pitt actually BUYING a house.. or owning property in the area. It's not unreasonable for a film production company such as William F. White to buy houses and set them up for stars to stay here while they're in town. For all we know, the producer could lend out one of his homes like what they do in the states.

There have been people that have mentioned that Brad and Jennifer actually own property in the Brag Creek area... well.. lets see... the Brad Pitt/Jennifer split up happened within this past year, and probably before he filmed Mr. & Mrs. Smith... which also came out sometime this year... so if you backtrack that to when Brad and Jennifer were having good times.. it would be within 2-3 years that they would have been out here buying property. They've also been together for what... 5+/- years before the split?

unibrain
08-25-2005, 07:58 AM
^true... houses in vancouver and toronto cost way more than it does here. I can't see stars trying to flip houses here whether intentionally or unintentionally. It's just not worth it. Brad Pitt will only be in Calgary for like, two months or three months tops. They wouldnt help him buy a house and then sell it. It's just not worth it.. Buying and Selling a home isnt as simple as many think.. the process takes alot longer than just listing and selling instantly. After all the lawyers and realtors get involved... and then the actual listing, people coming to view the home, it's just too much of a process. Might as well rent a place for the short stay.

People were saying Brad and Jen bought property.. buying property and frequenting is different than staying here for a month (and setup by the production company). The house in the southwest (with the tower) was listed on mls.ca last year for I think 1.6-2mil. Although there are people in Calgary that can afford that, trying to sell that kind of house is hard. Selling that price of a house in Van or Tor would be much easier. Flipping 300thousand dollar homes is much easier than dropping a house that's worth 2mil.

I cant see Brad and Jen buying a place in Brag Creek in the time that they were together and spending any kind of time in Calgary without people noticing. It would be HUGE news. He gets all kinds of news when he comes to shoot a movie for a month.. imagine the kind of news he'd make if he actually owned property here. It was mentioned in the Herald a few weeks ago that Brad does not own property in the Canada, and that it was merely just a rumor.

Even the best of the best plans get foiled. That's what paparazzi's do best.. Look at all the secret pictures they've got. If someone with status like brad or jen owned property here, Im sure the news would be out, and not just speculation or water cooler talk.

For all the star stricken fans, it's exciting to believe they own property here, but the reality isnt really there.

GucciBoy
08-25-2005, 08:06 AM
i know where pitt is staying, a friend of mine who works there told me last week.

ZorroAMG
08-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Considering the fact that Kevin Costner rented the penthouse in my building for Open Range a couple of years ago for 3 months (I rode the elevator wih him....funny story actually) I doubt Brad would BUY a freaking house. Come ON, just cause they have money doesn't mean they are STUPID, or want to deal in real estate...

They RENT people.

ZorroAMG
08-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by GucciBoy
i know where pitt is staying, a friend of mine who works there told me last week.

Sure you do. They tell every bathroom janitor where the stars are staying. :rolleyes:

89coupe
08-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Angelina Jolie is GROSS!

Flat ass, saggy tits and has slept with Billy Bob Thorton, SICK!

rage2
08-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Angelina Jolie is GROSS!

Flat ass, saggy tits and has slept with Billy Bob Thorton, SICK!
haha no way she's hot. But yea, I was watching Intolerable Cruelty the other night, and there was billy bob thorton, and I realized that most ppl have forgotten that he banged angelina.

What a pimp! :bigpimp:

Clever
08-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

I'm pretty sure it's been the Renault's(sp) house since it was built, the father is the head of RENCOR and i'm pretty sure he's lived there since they built it. Unless there's another house up on Signal Hill that has two chimney's on each side that Fleury owned before.

89coupe
08-25-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm certain The Singers own that house and still do. My Dad did the contract for the stucko on the outside back in the day.

Originally posted by Kirbs17
Im gonna put money down that Brad is staying at this house, exactly like he did when he stayed here for the filming of legends of the fall. He paid the home owner $30000 a month to stay there last time. With all the renovations and huge landscaping that went on, with the deadline given, this is my bet:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9366/pictures0465pm.th.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures0465pm.jpg)

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/4262/pictures0390ow.th.jpg (http://img282.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures0390ow.jpg)

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8224/pictures0474si.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures0474si.jpg)

Nice view from the patio:

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/9587/pictures0537pc.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures0537pc.jpg)

toured the house during reno's: the master suite is 1200+ sq ft!! :eek:

89coupe
08-25-2005, 03:06 PM
She's a large scale tramp. All the Hollywood boys take turns banging her. Eeeewwww.

Originally posted by rage2

haha no way she's hot. But yea, I was watching Intolerable Cruelty the other night, and there was billy bob thorton, and I realized that most ppl have forgotten that he banged angelina.

What a pimp! :bigpimp:

GucciBoy
08-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Sure you do. They tell every bathroom janitor where the stars are staying. :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: :poosie:

izzoblitzo
08-25-2005, 05:25 PM

Victoria Titov?? Her dad's in Russia, her mom's in the states, and she lives with a nanny in a HUGE house near me! My cousin is good friends with her.

It's crazy.. you can turn on the stove and boil coffee in the kitchen all with a touch of a button... in your bedroom. :burnout:

She wanted to go to school here, and her mom wasnt ready to move to Calgary yet.. but he's playing in Russia. They'll all move here once he retires I think. but fricken huge house! I think she's 16 if Im correct.. ?

Kirbs17
08-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm certain The Singers own that house and still do. My Dad did the contract for the stucko on the outside back in the day.

they used to, not any more. Owned by Debbie and Jeff Ross. :thumbsup:

izzoblitzo
08-25-2005, 07:34 PM

how do you get into the tower?? that thing looks so cool.. everytime I drive by it. It was for sale last year! 1.6million I believe... it has a guest house and a pool, right? or is that the property next to it?

Kobe
08-25-2005, 07:42 PM

just courious what company??? I do stucco 2 right now:thumbsup:

Kirbs17
08-25-2005, 07:58 PM

how do you get into the tower?? that thing looks so cool.. everytime I drive by it. It was for sale last year! 1.6million I believe... it has a guest house and a pool, right? or is that the property next to it?

Nope, the pool and guest house are attached to the house. the tower is 4 stories tall and accesible through stairs from the 2nd floor. the tower has 6 foot windows all around, and offers a wicked view of calgary. the guest room is huge as well

89coupe
08-25-2005, 09:04 PM
I believe its 26000sq/ft or 16000 I cant remember anymore, and has 15 bathrooms and even a small bowling alley in it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

izzoblitzo
08-25-2005, 11:50 PM
I believe its 26000sq/ft or 16000 I cant remember anymore, and has 15 bathrooms and even a small bowling alley in it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

26,000 sq ft is HUGE!!:eek:

according to the city's assessment site, the house is 11,000sq ft.. that's roughly five times the average two storey home (as most homes are about 2000-/+)

Hakkola
08-25-2005, 11:55 PM

Victoria Titov?? Her dad's in Russia, her mom's in the states, and she lives with a nanny in a HUGE house near me! My cousin is good friends with her.

It's crazy.. you can turn on the stove and boil coffee in the kitchen all with a touch of a button... in your bedroom. :burnout:

She wanted to go to school here, and her mom wasnt ready to move to Calgary yet.. but he's playing in Russia. They'll all move here once he retires I think. but fricken huge house! I think she's 16 if Im correct.. ?

She's older than 16, she's going into grade 12, and I think she was older than my sis, so she's 17 or 18.

I had to babysit their cat and dog a couple years ago, both ugly little shits, and they looked almost identicle.

P.S Am I the only one who thinks that house is ugly?

mac_82
08-26-2005, 12:04 AM

Jeff Ross the big body builder? :dunno:

gatorade
08-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
brick house signal hill = hart family house
pitt = bragg creek not canmore ... or used to be

err the hart house is in patterson not signal hill

A_3
08-26-2005, 06:35 AM
^And Brett Hart lives in Artist View. He's always causing chaos in Springbank, what with driving on lawns and so forth. :rofl:

Si_FlyGuy
08-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by mac_82

Jeff Ross the big body builder? :dunno:

or Jeff Ross who owns a small oil company?

69cougar
08-26-2005, 08:07 AM
or Jeff Ross the cab driver??