PDA

View Full Version : Silent Sentinel Anti-Theft Protection < anyone know about this?

danno567
08-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Silent Sentinel Anti-Theft Protection

does anyone know about this program. they are trying to sell it to us at the honda dealership.

is it any good? i cant find much on the net about them.

SAL Group distributes Silent Sentinel, the ultimate anti-theft etch program for cars and light trucks

A traceable ID number is permanently etched into the bottom corner on all of the vehicle's major windows. A Silent Sentinel decal on the windows notifies thieves that the car is protected.
Silent Sentinel is completely passive and noiseless. There are no switches to throw, keys to turn, buttons to push, codes to memorize or metal bars to remove from the steering wheel.
Dealer Lot Protection provides coverage up to $5,000 per vehicle prior to retail sale.
If a vehicle becomes a total loss due to theft, the consumer may be paid up to $6,600 over and above payment from the primary insurer.
If a vehicle is stolen, but recovered damaged and repairable, up to $1,000 deductible reimbursement benefits may be paid, limited to less of primary auto deductible.

GoChris
08-23-2005, 01:21 PM
so if your car was stolen and parted out...those etched #s are useless and wont help you?

i dont get it :dunno:

Primer_Drift
08-23-2005, 01:26 PM
It sounds like autotheft insurance to me.:dunno:

crazytou
08-23-2005, 07:48 PM
its crap

danno567
08-24-2005, 07:23 AM
yeah we passed on it. honda says they dont make a dime and that the program is really recommended. If its so good why do they have this special key that they tell you stops theives?

I say that if they want your car they are going to get it, and five windows are easy to replace on the whole picture of auto theft.