PDA

View Full Version : s13 conversion

snowboard
08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
I know its a straight bolt on conversion, but how hard is it. like in reality, not this "o its easy bolt on" bs. nothing is easy. is it super hard or can i do it in my garage, i have a pretty decent vehicle dismantle background, nothing super good, but ive got my fair share of expereince. ive got probly every tool needed to take any car apart (well my father does at least haha).

so how hard can it truly be, any idea would be appreciated, thank you.

Boost Infested
08-23-2005, 05:05 PM
its easy............ bolt on but you will have to align the fenders to your door after. oh and rewire the headlights and cornerlights....

braden883314
08-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Your car is already a S13, but im sure i can safely assume that u are talkin about a silvia front end conversion, the fenders and hood should be really easy to take off and put on, u might have trouble finding some of the fender bolts and aligning everything, the headlights are extremely simple to install, shouldnt be a problem there, wiring could be a bitch, because the blubs change, and there is no fog light wiring, alot of people dont hook them up. im not sure if u need a rad support or not, and i hear the bumpers car be a pain, i have to remove mine and re-fit it. I have never done this, but wouldnt think twice about doin it myself!

~Braden

snowboard
08-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
its easy............ bolt on but you will have to align the fenders to your door after. oh and rewire the headlights and cornerlights....

ha thanks for that reality check, thats all im lookin for!

schurchill39
08-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Do you have the front end conversion already or is it something youare just looking at doing? I will be doing the same conversion as soon as my car is back on the road so let me know how it goes dude.

P.S Good choice, the silvia front end is soooo nice on the 240

snowboard
08-23-2005, 07:07 PM
I've got a coupe though, im not trying to pretend to be a silvia i just dont want the pop up headlight front end anymore haha.

i would love to do it on a hatch though, it does look mad sick.

crazydave
08-23-2005, 07:10 PM
onevia is the better look:poosie:
jks,lol i dont know why i posted that...:drama:

Lo)2enz0
08-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by crazydave
onevia is the better look:poosie:
jks,lol i dont know why i posted that...:drama:

onevia is sick, i would love to do a coupe like that.

but ya, the s13 silvia front end is a joke. I did it myself and its basically, this goes here that goes there, its very straight forward.

i still need to wire the fog lights and turning signals on the corners though, i should get around to that..

snowboard
08-23-2005, 08:19 PM
someone could let me in on what onevia is, ive seen a onevia on the auction but couldnt tell what was different??

snowboard
08-23-2005, 08:22 PM
isnt that just what they call the coupe in japan?

Boost Infested
08-23-2005, 08:29 PM
onevia is coupe with flipups. i personally think silvia front looks much better on the coupes.

\JCAR/
08-23-2005, 10:46 PM
hey braden you wanna lend me a hand when i pick up my silvia front end?

but i'm proud to say i own the coupe. i've took on the challenge of making a twin silvia (tanner's) but only lhd

Lo)2enz0
08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by \JCAR/
hey braden you wanna lend me a hand when i pick up my silvia front end?

but i'm proud to say i own the coupe. i've took on the challenge of making a twin silvia (tanner's) but only lhd

chris's car is exactly like tanners, well except for the rims and the spoiler.

TypeS
08-24-2005, 09:23 AM
if anything my car and robs car are twins at the moment, both CA cars, both 2tone silver, both have K's front bumper, both have black wheels with polished lip (robs are volks, hes got me there haha)
The only differences between our cars exterior-wise is the headlights (square), the spoiler, and he painted his mirrors black.
oh and no center garnish between the headlights.
oh yea and my paint sucks:rolleyes:

imo, the silvia front is way sexier....but if you do up a pop-up front end with a tasteful kit and sleepy eyes, it can look really good.

tillabongster
08-24-2005, 09:57 AM
everything is bolt on it's really easy

but remember you're working on a car that's around 15 years old so you'll run into problems like seized bolts, cracked old wires...etc

other than that it's easy

Idratherbsidewayz
08-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Just look at 86max's car and you'll fall in love with the zenki front bumper and popups...

dymz999
08-24-2005, 01:02 PM
There is a company in the states that will be coming out with lights that look nearly identical to the ever so expensive AB flug headlight conversion kit. they look identical from what i have seen and should be released in the next few months. I've already paid for my set. gives the 240 the look of a 300zx for around $350 USD. they look very pimp ^.^

snowboard
08-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
There is a company in the states that will be coming out with lights that look nearly identical to the ever so expensive AB flug headlight conversion kit. they look identical from what i have seen and should be released in the next few months. I've already paid for my set. gives the 240 the look of a 300zx for around $350 USD. they look very pimp ^.^

flug?? haha you mean flush? ive been waiting around for that to pop up somewhere, veilside used to make those, maybe if i can find that ill stick with the pop ups cause i just installed a chuki bumper instead of the zenki.

snowboard
08-24-2005, 01:09 PM
i retract my previous statement. you have much more superior knowledge than me.

dymz999
08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Pictures to drool over, not sure when they plan on commercially releasing the kit, but it is the best looking set of lights (aside from the S15 lights) imo that you'll find.

http://www.floridadrift.com/spork/headlights/P7210006.JPG

http://www.floridadrift.com/spork/headlights/P7210004.JPG

http://www.floridadrift.com/spork/headlights/P7210007.JPG

http://www.floridadrift.com/spork/headlights/P7210006.JPG

Look just like the AB flug lights but they use circular not square lights, and they are HIDS as well. Super nice stuff.

snowboard
08-24-2005, 01:18 PM
yo check out the low profile headlights by the company clear corners. i think those are pretty sick.

dymz999
08-24-2005, 03:43 PM
the low profile things use the same $20 controller, all they do is limit the height of the popup. Then they use a piece of sheet metal which two HID lights are bolted to. Its a thing you can do yourself if you wanted to. they sell the good controllers on ebay for like 80 bucks.