PDA

View Full Version : pasta problem

azn_b1ad3
08-23-2005, 10:19 PM
this is weird, iunno why it happens but everytime i eat pasta, i feel REALLY starved about 30min - 1 hour later.

i know that pasta is good in carbs and after a while makes most people tired (too lazy to say why) but why does my stomach become starved after a big bowl of pasta?

xDiMSuMx
08-23-2005, 11:13 PM
weird.. im usually full for a long time after pasta

i get hungry 10 mins after i eat vermicelli though haha

~Leah~
08-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Try eating whole wheat pasta

4bier
08-24-2005, 12:02 AM
dont bother wheat pasta is disgusting right up there with soy milk
also eating small portions 8portions a day keeps you metabolism upso youll stay slim

1-Cent
08-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Whats to complain about, now you've got reason to eat that much more :D

TrevorK
08-24-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Try eating whole wheat pasta

On an off-topic note, I've decided to give whole wheat pasta a try. Except I go through 1-1.5kg/week.

Is there anywhere I can buy it in larger bags than the 454g I find at Superstore?

~Leah~
08-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Whole wheat pasta isn't that disgusting, and it has more fibre in it, which most people don't get enough of anyway. If you know how to make a good sauce, then you don't even notice it!

And Trevor, I'm not sure if there are any larger bags... sometimes Costco will have some, but again... not too sure.

sputnik
08-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Catelli makes a decent whole wheat pasta... however their organic pasta (especially the spagetti noodles) is INCREDIBLE and only a gram less fibre than the whole wheat variety.

abyss
08-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Catelli makes a decent whole wheat pasta... however their organic pasta (especially the spagetti noodles) is INCREDIBLE and only a gram less fibre than the whole wheat variety.

:werd: on the spaghetti, best pasta I've ever had cooked at home, haven't tried the rest of the line yet though.

Official Hoser
08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure if whole wheat pasta will help you feel fuller. It's still carbs.

What I would suggest is adding more cheese and meat to your pasta dish.

hockeybronx
08-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by azn_b1ad3
this is weird, iunno why it happens but everytime i eat pasta, i feel REALLY starved about 30min - 1 hour later.

i know that pasta is good in carbs and after a while makes most people tired (too lazy to say why) but why does my stomach become starved after a big bowl of pasta?

I get the exact same feeling as you are talking about, some things that help is throwing on a can of clams or getting a pasty sauce with meat in it. Buy yeah I know the exact feeling. Listen to your body though, if you eat a whole plate and you still feel hungry then have another small meal 2 hours after.

Pasta can be trippy sometimes, if I don't chew it enough I end up throwing it all up guaranteed everytime... there's nothing worse than spending all that time making a carb-rich meal and then throwing it all up right after.:banghead:

sputnik
08-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Official Hoser

and your idea adds fat.

not everyone thinks carbs are bad for you.

GucciBoy
08-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by 4bier
dont bother wheat pasta is disgusting right up there with soy milk

rrrright, speaking on behalf of everyone eh

GucciBoy
08-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Official Hoser

still carbs sure, but not nearly as bad for you as white pasta.

K271
08-24-2005, 04:53 PM
soya milk is disgusting? you're obviously missing out, or you must of tried the nasty vanilla or strawberry crap.

Whole wheat pasta is good stuff, the extra fiber is good for lowering blood pressure and digestion.

Have a chicken breast for a side to make it more filling. A meat sauce is usually not enough so try sides with veggies and some meat.

hockeybronx
08-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Just had a huge plate of spaghetti tonight, had to make sure I chewed it lots though:dunno:

I also threw in 2 chicken breasts which was a nice change.

Tyler883
08-24-2005, 09:26 PM
http://www.nutritiondata.com/fullness-factor.html

according to this link, heavy foods make you feel full.

So what is it about pasta, is it relatively light? or does it move out of your stomach relatively fast? I dunno, just trying to follow the line of thought from this link.

azn_b1ad3
08-25-2005, 04:14 PM
i cant eat after, im full, but i still feel starved or something...its weird

and my metabolism rate is still very high so 8 meals doesnt matter for metabolism for me, and i wont be able to eat 8 meals a day with school coming up

K271
08-25-2005, 04:22 PM
HAHAHAHAHA, most people, the majority of people can't eat after they are full!!

If you feel hungry afterwards it's probably cause you ate too fast

azn_b1ad3
08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
hmm maybe, next time i will try to eat slower and see what happens

thanks everyone!!

pinoyhero
08-28-2005, 08:36 PM
I find chinese the worst for that.