PDA

View Full Version : city paying for alignment?

bart
02-03-2003, 12:29 AM
alright, so if you hit a pot hole and there was no sign saying there was one there, city should pay for alignment right? i hit the second one today, and now the wheel is off in the other direction a bit. i dont really care about the $70, but lucky for them my rims are still perfect.

so, where do i go to claim this, or will they say to fuck off?

Matrix1
02-03-2003, 12:52 AM
:dunno:

70 bucks seems expensive, I only paid 38 for my rotation, balance and alignment. But I do live in Australia:dunno:

max_boost
02-03-2003, 01:03 AM
I had a friend who once drove off a hill....24th St where the trailer park homes are.....there was no sign saying it was the end of the road, he flew off, wrote off his parents car, they sued the city and it worked! lol

but in your case, i think your jacked:rofl:

Hakkola
02-03-2003, 01:20 AM
I've been thinking about billing the city for to fix my rims and maybe pay for the new shocks and stuff I had to get replaced last week or have them fix my damn road. We must have called the city at least 20 times, they keep putting gravel, then it rains and there's potholes again.

dogstar
02-03-2003, 01:36 AM
for the most part, your shit outa luck, sorry to say.

this has been tried before and they say some bs about you should be watching for 'road hazards' or you should drive more slowly so as to not damage your vehicle.
but good luck if you do try to get some money outa them :)

m@+CH
02-03-2003, 02:04 AM
hey if u do "con" the city outta cash
and they do end up compensating 4 parts
give me a shout...struts, alignment , strut boots etc
have been messed this winter!!
gotta spend cash fixing up wut SHOULD WORK!! instead of mods
!!!!

three.eighteen.
02-03-2003, 01:03 PM
hmmm, im gonna go try to convince the city of edmonton their potholes have destroyed my suspension and i require new bushings, ball joints, springs and shocks...maybe an m3 body kit too...

Davan
02-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Last winter, I was driving in the right hand lane on elbow drive. A snow plow flew by me in the left lane, pushing snow right into my lane! Sent me out of control, and up and over the curb. Scratched my passenger side front wheel. City wouldn't budge. Screwed.

Glowrider
02-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Well, I think they SHOULD pay for it, but we don't live in a perfect world. So now the question is, will they pay for it? Fat chance in hell...Good luck with that.

92 Teg-B18A
02-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by dogstar
this has been tried before and they say some bs about you should be watching for 'road hazards' or you should drive more slowly so as to not damage your vehicle.
In theory they should pay for your car to be fixed but like dogstar said they'll probably pull somethin to make it look like it was your falt (even though it more than likely wasn't)
Good luck with it man;) :)

bart
02-03-2003, 05:09 PM
i email them, i'll see what they say. also, i think they should pay for windshields too, because they put those fucking rocks on the roads. tell people to buy winter tires or tough.

Stratus_Power
02-03-2003, 05:09 PM
just tell ppl to buy those splash guard or watever :P

THREE40SEVEN
02-03-2003, 05:11 PM
You'd spend way more than that in time and money trying to sue the city. Dont bother unless its serious damage.

bart
02-03-2003, 05:12 PM
yes, keyword there is splash, not rock.

GTS Jeff
02-03-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by suffeks
i email them, i'll see what they say. also, i think they should pay for windshields too, because they put those fucking rocks on the roads. tell people to buy winter tires or tough. maybe u can start a petition too and have all the speedcowboys guys sign it

bart
02-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
maybe u can start a petition too and have all the speedcowboys guys sign it

maybe you can bend over and fuck yourself. because everyone ive talked to on here says your a fucking loser. no petition need in your case.

back to potholes, i just called the "pothole hotline", the guy said to get the exact address, they go out, take a look, and give me a claim number, then i go through the city to see if they will pay me for it. the better, especially since there was no sign there saying "\/\/\/\/".

GTS Jeff
02-03-2003, 05:41 PM

maybe you can bend over and fuck yourself. because everyone ive talked to on here says your a fucking loser. no petition need in your case.

back to potholes, i just called the "pothole hotline", the guy said to get the exact address, they go out, take a look, and give me a claim number, then i go through the city to see if they will pay me for it. the better, especially since there was no sign there saying "\/\/\/\/". haha is that so? as i recall, im not the one that posted regularly until he got his ass flamed away by everyone on the board. or have u already forgotten all the posts saying "we dont care about your moms purple taxi and no it cant outrun a corvette".

and actually i cant bend over and fuck myself. instead, how about i break a bottle over your asspan face and steal your wallet?

ninspeed
02-03-2003, 05:57 PM
HA HA HA.. well i know a few people in TO who got a rim replaced because of potholes. BUt they had witnesses who saw them hit the hole, ect. I would take some pictures of the area with out a sign, and of your car before they get a sign up, cuas paperwork might say there was a sign there.

And speaking from expeience, sueing the city is harder than you think

B17a
02-03-2003, 06:04 PM
i email them, i'll see what they say. also, i think they should pay for windshields too, because they put those fucking rocks on the roads. tell people to buy winter tires or tough.

Are you serious? By that same logic then, we should sue the city if they don't put rocks down because the roads are slippery and more accidents occur. Winter tires help but so does gravel, I'd much rather have them on our roads then not. You may have wonderful tires but the moron following you may not, some sanding helps cut down on the moron factor.

bart
02-03-2003, 06:24 PM
ok, so i called 268-1000, thats the pothole line. you tell them where they are, they take all your info down.

then you call claims, 268-5443. now they're closed, open 8-4:30. so i will try them tomorrow and see what happens.

HACHIROKU_4AG
02-03-2003, 07:23 PM
holy cow guys, were lucky enough to even have pretty much really nice roads. you hit a pot hole, it is your fault. comes with the territory as an expense. take a situation like this, if some shmoe hits black ice, spins or loses some control and snubs the curb, your gonna say it's the cities fault? your have performance tires that grab the road, the city has grooves in the road to channel water. if your car grabs and gets tossed in to a rail or divider or something of the sort, you gonna sue? pretty some were gonna be like the americans sueing for everything cause we cant admit our own mistakes. just like the lady that sued mcdonalds!

dont bother flaming cause i wont read it.

max_boost
02-03-2003, 07:52 PM
maybe u can start a petition too and have all the speedcowboys guys sign it

haha is that so? as i recall, im not the one that posted regularly until he got his ass flamed away by everyone on the board. or have u already forgotten all the posts saying "we dont care about your moms purple taxi and no it cant outrun a corvette".

and actually i cant bend over and fuck myself. instead, how about i break a bottle over your asspan face and steal your wallet?

Originally posted by B17a

Are you serious? By that same logic then, we should sue the city if they don't put rocks down because the roads are slippery and more accidents occur. Winter tires help but so does gravel, I'd much rather have them on our roads then not. You may have wonderful tires but the moron following you may not, some sanding helps cut down on the moron factor.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

THREE40SEVEN
02-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by HACHIROKU_4AG
holy cow guys, were lucky enough to even have pretty much really nice roads. you hit a pot hole, it is your fault. comes with the territory as an expense. take a situation like this, if some shmoe hits black ice, spins or loses some control and snubs the curb, your gonna say it's the cities fault? your have performance tires that grab the road, the city has grooves in the road to channel water. if your car grabs and gets tossed in to a rail or divider or something of the sort, you gonna sue? pretty some were gonna be like the americans sueing for everything cause we cant admit our own mistakes. just like the lady that sued mcdonalds!

dont bother flaming cause i wont read it.
Tru dat..
No one wants to be responsible for their own actions. That Mcdonalds shit would have been tossed in Canada. Maybe she didn't know it was hot... Pffffff- fucking money hungry whore..
This goes along with everyone wantings something for nothing. GET A JOB AND PAY YOUR OWN FUCKING WAY

szw
02-03-2003, 09:31 PM
I think the city will only pay for it, if the pothole has been reported and they haven't fixed it yet. Not completely sure about that though.

but the windshield thing is just retarded. everyone has that problem. I think some states have a law where the insurance co. must replace your windshield (cracked from rock ships) w/o raising any premiums. too bad we don't have that here.

Hakkola
02-03-2003, 09:50 PM
holy cow guys, were lucky enough to even have pretty much really nice roads. you hit a pot hole, it is your fault.

lol, ever been out of calgary?

Actually I think you're misinformed, and I think I have a pretty good case against the city, when we ask them to pave the roads and they say they'll fix them and only put gravel on which lasts a week I don't think they're doing what they should be.

And if that post is about the first post then I think it's out of line, I thought this thread was about billing the city, not suing, there's a huge difference, but admittedly I haven't read this entire thread.

bart
02-03-2003, 10:12 PM
ya i know the window is unreasonable, same with rocks on the roads. but potholes, they're not really avoidable, because it happens so suddenly. as for rocks and snow, you knows its there. potholes you dont really notice until you hit one, especially if it was night time in my case.

i will get money somehow. see if i speed, why do they get money for it? its not fair really. if they dont pay, well they'll have more people phoning in, because where ther are signs stating poor road condition, they'll be slowly disappearing.

92 Teg-B18A
02-04-2003, 05:47 PM
holy cow guys, were lucky enough to even have pretty much really nice roads.
I know we have better roads than some places, but they are still pretty craptastical!

but potholes, they're not really avoidable, because it happens so suddenly.
not to flame you cause I and probably everyone has done the same thing, but hitting a pothole is the driver's fault. They are nearly all avoidable. If anyone hits a pothole it's their own fault because they weren't paying attention to the road.

as I said before I'm not trying to flame you, it's jsut what happens.

good luck with the lawsuit :)