PDA

View Full Version : Best Premium Gas?

asuth077
08-24-2005, 08:05 AM
I was wondering if you guys have a preference on where you get premium gas? I am sure some of you do....so why and where?

I usually fill up at Shell but I don't really have a reason for filling up there so who has the best additives in their premium?

Aleks
08-24-2005, 08:14 AM
Are you filling up your Integra SE with premium? If so why?

For me it's Husky 94 octane

ICEBERG
08-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Does your owners manual call for premium? If not than your wasting money. But as for your question i use ESSO. I have not found any difference in Premium from other gas stations.

Cheers,

pitwipe
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
I use ESSO cuz it's close to where I work. Location, location, location. Ha ha.

HRD2PLZ
08-24-2005, 09:02 AM
My owner's manual says to use Premium and inside the fuel door it says "Premium Fuel ONLY" but the dealership assured me its fine to use regular, so regular it is :D

I go to either Esso or Shell.

heavyD
08-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
My owner's manual says to use Premium and inside the fuel door it says "Premium Fuel ONLY" but the dealership assured me its fine to use regular, so regular it is :D

That's why dealers are idiots. There is a reason Acura says to use premium. The ecu was programmed for the engine to run optimum on premium. While your car will run on regular, you will be driving around with your timing retarded the majority of the time and at full throttle your engine will experience some knock that wouldn't occur if you filled with premuim as well as poorer gas mileage.

BTW: Esso or Shell 91 for the SRT-4 & Husky 94 for the Eclipse.

HRD2PLZ
08-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

That's why dealers are idiots. There is a reason Acura says to use premium. The ecu was programmed for the engine to run optimum on premium. While your car will run on regular, you will be driving around with your timing retarded the majority of the time and at full throttle your engine will experience some knock that wouldn't occur if you filled with premuim as well as poorer gas mileage.

Oh, I guess its back to premium for me then :dunno:

rc2002
08-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Husky/Mohawk 94 for me too. If there was another higher octane alternative (non-ethanol blended) then I would use that instead.

GTS Jeff
08-24-2005, 09:24 AM

Oh, I guess its back to premium for me then :dunno: DEFINITELY!

The fucking salesman just told you regular because he didn't want to scare you away with the gas prices.

benyl
08-24-2005, 09:26 AM
haha, I know a guy with a WRX that puts in 87... I shake my head everytime he does it. Of course, it was the salesguy that told him to do it.

Mr. Burns
08-24-2005, 09:27 AM
I usually use esso 91 out of convenience... but once in a while when my tank is dead empty i will drop some 94 in there.

HRD2PLZ
08-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
DEFINITELY!

The fucking salesman just told you regular because he didn't want to scare you away with the gas prices.

Haha it was actually the Service Advisor who told me that, which I guess is even worse!

heavyD
08-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
DEFINITELY!

Exactly. Believe it or not, some cheap-ass people will pass on a car if they know it requires premium.

heavyD
08-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Husky/Mohawk 94 for me too. If there was another higher octane alternative (non-ethanol blended) then I would use that instead.

I agree. I hate the shit but also when you are running 20 psi you need all the octane you can get.:D

asuth077
08-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

See I am not too sure but I was reading that on newer cars that are computerized it compensates for the timing and all that so premium isn't needed, but then again I don't know anything that is 100% for sure.

The octane is the main feature and even then from what I have been reading its the same confusion around what cars run peak on it.

teknical
08-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Petro has really good Premium, not 94 oct though.

86max
08-24-2005, 09:42 AM
I used to fill up with Husky 94, but it's a pain in the ass due to the limited number of locations, so now I usually just hit up Shell and get the V-power 91oct. Havn't noticed a difference, plus you get double airmiles :D

finboy
08-24-2005, 09:47 AM
94 at husky for me

A2VR6
08-24-2005, 10:04 AM
I fill up with Shell 91 just because I get alot better mileage with shell... and it's not like i need 94 anyways.

afrotl
08-24-2005, 10:06 AM

Is this for your TL?

lastprodigy
08-24-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by afrotl

Is this for your TL?

yes TL requires prememium if tats what youre asking

afrotl
08-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

yes TL requires prememium if tats what youre asking

Thanks though I was not asking, I also own a TL and I only use Premium. I was checking with hrd2plz just to give him a hard time.

Skyline_Addict
08-24-2005, 08:41 PM
i find that petro canada gives me the best mileage...

carzcraz
08-24-2005, 08:48 PM

Lol that's too funny! I was told the exact same thing by some service advisor at Silverhill Acura. Only premium goes into my car though, as it only ends up being like 10 cents more/liter..so about $6-7 more in total over regular.

I wonder if it was the same person lol

:dunno: