PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu Vehicles

Khalil
08-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey guys,

Just curious...if I were to buy an Isuzu vehicle, where would I go for servicing etc?
There are no longer isuzu dealerships in calgary, correct?

Also, whats the general word on Isuzu vehicles?
reliability?
ease to work on?

I'm looking at isuzu rodeos in particular..any information helps!

Thanks

Khalil
08-24-2005, 03:41 PM
:eek:

theres no one on the board that knows anything about isuzus!!

:eek: :eek:

schurchill39
08-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

euro_racer
08-24-2005, 04:07 PM
u can service them at the saturn/saab dielership

reliability....i have a 98 isuzu rodeo with 120km sitting in my garage right now with the engine completely pulled out. my crankshaft broke and i find it impossible to find parts for the bitch. im geting a new engine from montreal soon $3000 just for the engine:banghead:

and i heard fron the dielership that next year you wont be able to get parts from the dielershup period. i know im staying tha hell away from those cars in the future. my $0.02

00redLUDE
08-25-2005, 12:56 AM
I had a 1999 isuzu rodeo with about 90000kms on it when I bought it from the saturn dealership in the auto mall. Within the first 3 days the rear lock broke, which the dealership fixed. I ended up with two different keys to the rodeo as a result. Then the keyless remote stopped working, dealership couldn't find the cause but it started working again but you could only unlock the driver side door, no other doors.

One of the pistons 'blew' and spilled oil and metal into the cylinder. Dealership tried to tell me was my fault since there was not oil in the engine. Changed their mind after I showed them their invoice that I have the oil changed at their dealership. Finally was covered under powertrain warranty.

Sold the SUV and took a $8000 loss on it.

The kicker was.....this all happened in a 6 month period.

Less learned. :thumbsdow

Hope you don't end up with the same thing.

euro_racer
08-25-2005, 12:31 PM
yea seems that its a common mistake in those cars that something in the engine will bolw. that's why i have a hard time finding parts, all the others have something blown too. wich is why im getting a new engine and BYE BYE rodeo For sale

Khalil
08-26-2005, 01:13 PM
ahh...

thanks tons for the advice guys:thumbsup: