PDA

View Full Version : Modding While leased

403Gemini
08-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Couldnt find any solid info on this topic

some say yes

others say no

i know boost is outta the question, but what about stuff like CAI, intake, etc?

as long as i kept all the stock parts, there shouldnt be a problem when the vehicle is returend, correct?

EDIT: ill add, the vehicle will more than likely be bought out at the end

Weapon_R
08-24-2005, 07:52 PM
You should be fine. As long as the vehicle is returned to stock form for servicing and if you decide to give it back after the lease is done. Even if you keep the mods in, the worst that the dealer can do is make you pay the difference in value lost (dealerships do not want to see CAIs and such).

ecstasy_civic
08-24-2005, 08:00 PM
what no spec v wayne?;)

arian_ma
08-24-2005, 11:31 PM
i know boost is outta the question, but what about stuff like CAI, intake, etc?

CAI and intake are the same thing...lol
but I think for CAI you should be fine.

403Gemini
08-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma

CAI and intake are the same thing...lol
but I think for CAI you should be fine.

even if you are buying out at the end?

arian_ma
08-25-2005, 03:24 AM
Well THEY don't know that right...
And no matter how sure you are, they still won't believe you.
So a simple ask won't hurt anyone.

ACX
08-25-2005, 10:01 AM
why are you leasing if you're planning to buy out. Just curious.

403Gemini
08-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ACX
why are you leasing if you're planning to buy out. Just curious.

would be cheaper payments per month. yes the vehicle will cost more in the end, but for college student less payments per month = t3h win

lastprodigy
08-25-2005, 02:50 PM
mods are fine just keep parts and leave the engine internals alone if something happens and you cant buy out.......if you are 110% sure you are buying out then mod away.....just in case though there is always a chance you dont right

Xtrema
08-25-2005, 02:57 PM
As long as you return the car in the state it was leased, you'll be ok. If you're 100% sure of a buy out, then do whatever you want. Worst case scenario, buy out and sell it.

garyb
08-25-2005, 03:02 PM
what i heard from honda, is that if the car comes in for service, say because its making a weird noise , buring oil whatnot, if they trace it back to an install of the aftermarket part, they wont cover you for that one problem. but if something else happens non-related to that part, you are fine. just throw on the stock parts like everyone said

Weapon_R
08-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

would be cheaper payments per month. yes the vehicle will cost more in the end, but for college student less payments per month = t3h win

You can probably negotiate a finance option that is similar to leasing. Ask the salesman to work something out.

Skyline_Addict
08-25-2005, 07:18 PM
don't worry about it wayne. those are just bolt ons. when it's all done, simply bolt them off, put the stock stuff back on, and they probably wouldn't have noticed a thing.

JordanLotoski
08-25-2005, 09:13 PM
who gives a car back after a lease anyways...you can usually sell it and make 3-6k back depending on car....id only give a car back if it was a domestic POS