PDA

View Full Version : Best Hotels Downtown Vancouver?

Ben
08-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Looking for a weekend getaway location. Close proximity to Robson Street and very posh accomodations.

Have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Vancouver, and it was decent.

Rates not important. Looking for THE BEST.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm not familiar with the hotel market in Vancouver.

Cheers.

GTS Jeff
08-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Google it fool!!

I typed "the most expensive freakin hotel in vancouver" into Google and found you this link:

http://www.virtualvancouver.com/accomodations_hotel.html

BokCh0y
08-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

900 West Georgia St

Close to Robson St. IMO this is THE BEST. Even has a Louis Vitton store downstairs on the main floor.

EDIT: Here is the link - http://www.fairmont.com/hotelvancouver/

Ben
08-25-2005, 09:26 AM
I did google it ya fock, but I want first had experience from the knowledgable folks on this forum. :poosie:

sputnik
08-25-2005, 09:27 AM
A friend of mine suggests the following two.

The Pan Pacific Vancouver (http://vancouver.panpacific.com). He recommends it as it is a 5 star hotel right on the water with really nice views of the bay.

The Metropolitan (http://www.metropolitan.com/vanc) is also recommended if you want to be in the heart of the business district downtown.

toyboy88
08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

900 West Georgia St

Close to Robson St. IMO this is THE BEST. Even has a Louis Vitton store downstairs on the main floor.

EDIT: Here is the link - http://www.fairmont.com/hotelvancouver/

hmmm didn't know about the lv there...next time round have to check it out :D

black_2.5RS
08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Check out the Westin Grande. I always stay there when i'm in Vancouver. It's a full suite hotel and right on Robson.

The Fairmont is nice too but a little too old school.
I've heard good things about the Metropolitan (2 blocks from Robson).

89coupe
08-25-2005, 09:32 AM
5 Star Hotels in Downtown Vancouver

Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver
Pure 5 star luxury, ocean & mountain views

Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel
Deluxe rooms, sports bar,views

Four Seasons Vancouver
Elegant rooms in a classic high-rise, wedding & honeymoon packages

The Georgian Court
Sauna & fitness center, close to entertainment and transport

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle
City, harbor & mountain views, massage, lap pool and health club

Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Pool and outdoor sun deck, spa, gourmet dining

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Outdoor heated pool, health club, short walk to shopping and dining

Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
Tranquility, fine dining

Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
Sophisticated décor and design, 12,ooo sq. ft health club and spa, restaurant, café and bar

GF and I stayed at the Holiday Inn just off Capilano rd. a couple weeks ago. This was a very nice Hotel with all the perks. It was only a 5 min drive to downtown. Lots of the Celebrities stay at this hotel. Not your average Holiday Inn ;)

But if you are looking for something right in the downtown core look to the list above.

http://www.performance-shop.com/bradsstuff/trip/DSCF0049.JPG

89coupe
08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Oh, and if you want to do some fine dining as well. I highly recommend Cin Cin on Robson St. Its on the right hand side if you are facing south/east and you have to walk up stairs. This is the best Italian restaurant I have ever ate at.

benyl
08-25-2005, 09:51 AM
When I was travelling to Vancouver a lot, I always stayed in 3 place.

In summer: Westin Bayshore. Close to the park, the beach, 3 blocks off Robson.

Winter: Westin Grande. On Robson, closer to the shops than Bayshore.

Spring and Fall: Sheraton Wall Center. If you get one of their upgraded rooms, you won't be dissappointed. I have some pics of the room that I will post when I get home.

Oz-
08-25-2005, 10:14 AM
When I was doing a lot of business travelling I tried to stay away from Fairmont chains and the Hyatt chains.

Fairmont reminds me of the rich old white folk. Kind of like the Daddy Warbucks and old in need of renovation rooms.

Hyatts are all public area, their rooms are sub par normally and thin walls. Nothing like waking up in Chicago to having the people next door bumping uglies at 6 in the morning.

Sutton Place and Westin Grande are great hotels, I knew most of the front desk staff at Sutton Place and they treated me great. Westin is just great for service also, and Starwood has changed much of their procedures so if you stay in Westins you can see a major change with service.

The Marriott Pinnacle I have never stayed in but its a Marriott and always has great service.

Def_3
08-25-2005, 10:17 AM
four seasons was amazing when we went last year, food was great, service was excellent

rmk
08-25-2005, 12:44 PM
having stayed at nearly every single damned hotel in the core (luxury as well as total crackstyle dives) the best by far was the pacific palisades, which is on robson/jervis. kind of a funky, newage hotel, as opposed to the other hotels that look exactly the same. every single time we've stayed there they have always exceeded our expectations. their parking system there is top notch and safe.

http://www.pacificpalisadeshotel.com/

--
if you want something on the water, i would say the westin, which has been completely overhauled in the past couple of years.

both are expenisve, but in vancouver, you absolutely get what you pay for.

tigerzcrib
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
The Empire Landmark is a nice hotel with Cloud 9 revolving restaurant on the top (great view as its one of Vancouver's highest hotels...as long as its not overcast). The Empire is at 1400 Robson St.
Even if you don't stay here, Cloud 9 is well worth the visit. The food is very nice, great views, and they have some swanky dude in a tux playing the piano ever so quietly (well at least they did a couple years ago).

benyl
08-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Oz-

Sutton Place and Westin Grande are great hotels, I knew most of the front desk staff at Sutton Place and they treated me great. Westin is just great for service also, and Starwood has changed much of their procedures so if you stay in Westins you can see a major change with service.

I stayed at the Grande so many times one summer a few years ago, even after two years, they still know me by name... haha

wagovan
08-25-2005, 06:57 PM
my friends and I stayed at the Sheraton wall centre a few weeks ago. Really nice hotel, and awesome view of the city from higher floors. Also Jean claude Vandamm owns a floor to himself, maybe you'll get lucky and meet him?
:D

dam_guy
08-25-2005, 07:07 PM
westin grande is nice, but the underground parking is a joke, especially when everyone and their mom drives a full size suv.

personally, i like the sheraton wall centre. nice looking hotel, great view from up top, and of course, close to robson.

BokCh0y
08-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
The Georgian Court
Sauna & fitness center, close to entertainment and transport

Georgian Court is really nice. This is where I usually stay when I go back to Vancouver for work. Excellent restaurants downstairs too and is beside that YWCA Hotel that is suppossed to be another 5 Star Hotel.

Also the Shark Club is just around the corner too.