PDA

View Full Version : Tony Jaa

KLCC
08-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Hmmm, accidently found this...
almost the same cast as Ong Bak...The action looks awesome (especially the head kick)

http://www.tomyumgoongmovie.com/html/trailer/index_e.asp

can't wait for this to hit the DVD market :drool:

Ariakas
08-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Looks awesome, amazing how he does some of those moves. Even more extreme than Ong Bak.

b_t
08-25-2005, 01:01 PM
holy fuck is all I have to say.
That looks even crazier the Ong Bak!!!
plus it makes a big difference when the actor is actually kicking the shit out of the people he is fighting rather then just pretending.

edit: it looks like it is already out. it is probably on torrent by now, it has to be... its a far eastern movie :D probably was ripped off before it hit the silver screen.
fuck subtitles, I've never heard or read an english version of Ong Bak and that didn't stop me from enjoying the movie!!

snowboard
08-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Damn, thats some rad shit. I'm gunna have to check that out, I hope they have english subtitles on that shit :D

edit: wait, are you saying hes acutally connecting, hard with those shots? and breaking those bones for real?! haha, those cracking noises were kinda sick but a nice touch?

b_t
08-25-2005, 01:11 PM
no no he is not hitting them that hard, but he is definitely hitting them harder then you would see in a hollywood movie... like the one guy, where he hits him in the head and his hair waves like that and everything, he definitely hit him... but there were other ones where it didn't look like he hit them. the sounds were added in afterwards..
its hard to say, but a lot of the extras in Ong Bak had to go to the hospital because Tony Ja abused them haha

autoBITCH
08-25-2005, 05:34 PM
i just figured that everyone involved in the fight seens are mui-tai fighters and are able to take the hits so they just let them do it real...but in this one, when he starts breaking arms and legs, i wonder what they do to make it look so real.

finboy
08-25-2005, 05:54 PM
that looks awsome, any idea when its due out with subtitles?

Chim
08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Aug 30 Ong Bak on dvd!!!

Whether he hits these guys for real is debateable but what about at the start of Ong Bak when everybody starts falling out of the trees? That looked real... and painful :eek:

K271
08-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Not impressed, the fights look to choreographed. If you watch jackie chan, bruce lee, and jet li, there fights are seamless. You can tell the awarkdness in some of the scenes. Some do look cool but overall nothing that is mind blowing or innovative that someone hasn't already done.

V6-BoI
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I think the movie looks intense. Those hits look like it freaking hurts, especially when he's breaking all those bones.

EDIT: I checked on yesasia.com to see if it was out yet, and it said it should be released on September 1, 2005. Not sure if this version will have english subtitles, but you should be able to get a hold of the offcial copy early september. You can probably find a pirated copy at T&T or china town.