PDA

View Full Version : Swirl/Scratch Marks

Frosty66
08-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Recently a friend trying to do something nice for me took my car to have it washed. However, he decided to use the foam brush on my newly painted car. I'm now stuck with swirl marks all over my car. Now the scratches aren't deep, but they're there if you get close. Now I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas in regards to getting out these scratches. Keep in mind that this car was recently painted (4 months). I was told buffing wouldn't work, but would instead create more swirl marks. Are there any good products out there that could rid my car of scratches completely? If anyone has any ideas, please post.

Thanks

vietdood
08-26-2005, 01:07 AM
buffing will work. just make sure you clean off all the dirt before you start buffing or you'll make it worse.

heavyD
08-26-2005, 09:55 AM
I cringe when I see people washing their new cars (some very expensive) with the brushes in the car washes. Some people just don't realize that the dirt that comes off every vehicle stays in the bristles acting like sandpaper on your paint.

Try a power polish to get the swirls out of the clearcoat.

dooman24
08-26-2005, 10:02 AM
AH! SHIT!! that's what it was! fuck.. clean my car at the car wash.. with the brush.. fuck.. hand dryed my car.. i'm like wtf is this?? FUCK little lines like sand paper all over my car!

schurchill39
08-26-2005, 01:24 PM
You finally got the celica painted Darren? Thats good to see. That blows that your friend messed it up though. I havent seen your car around town since school last year. I will have to keep a look out

A2VR6
08-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Maybe a clay bar might help